What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sport Accord recognition

StadiumXIII

Juniors
So.. in another week the world will have another laugh at us
Hope this wouldn't be the case. If anyone is to blame it would be Rugby union and that World Rugby (League?) organisation funny how they've tried to fit us under World Rugby :mad: Guess we just have to wait until November 8 is passed.

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade
Was their supposed to be an announcement/decision made on November 8th about rugby league being recognised as a distinct sport?

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Rugby union is behind world rugby league I'm telling you

Hmmmm Rugby Union governing body 'World Rugby'
Rugby Union's attempt to discredit the RLIF 'World Rugby League'

I have very little doubt that you are right - what can the RLIF do? As long as this body exists then there is an issue. Surely World Rugby League can't claim our game though when all active nations are loyal to the RLIF and the RLIF run a regular world cup. Seems like an easy thing to resolve.

Can I go and start an organisation called World Rugby Union and then claim that there are two RU governing bodies? No - I would be laughed out of town as should 'World Rugby League'

siv

First Grade

I have very little doubt that you are right - what can the RLIF do? As long as this body exists then there is an issue. Surely World Rugby League can't claim our game though when all active nations are loyal to the RLIF and the RLIF run a regular world cup. Seems like an easy thing to resolve.

Can I go and start an organisation called World Rugby Union and then claim that there are two RU governing bodies? No - I would be laughed out of town as should 'World Rugby League'

Time to do it if not successful

StadiumXIII

Juniors

Well we could start the Rugby Union International Federation.. RUIF :D

siv

First Grade

Best plan is to address their attempts at expansion

RLIF should meet with Kenya and Pakistan RL officials and let them know the benefits of joining the RL community

Or better yet point them to the RLIF annual report

Last edited:

langpark

First Grade
"We are the voice of #sport and want to embrace observer members with an open mind. We should not be afraid of the growth of new sports."

That's a direct quote from their president today on his twitter page, pretty hypocritical. No news as yet regarding RL's recognition.

Stallion

First Grade
"We are the voice of #sport and want to embrace observer members with an open mind. We should not be afraid of the growth of new sports."

That's a direct quote from their president today on his twitter page, pretty hypocritical. No news as yet regarding RL's recognition.

Is that code for recognising rugby league as a sport!?

Stallion

First Grade
Best plan is to address their attempts at expansion

RLIF should meet with Kenya and Pakistan RL officials and let them know the benefits of joining the RL community

Or better yet point them to the RLIF annual report

Kenya RL is interesting in that thousands were spectators at a 'friendly 'game early last year. However when it came to a government funding decision a month later the funds went to RU.

siv

First Grade
And here is the PRL response

We have requested to meet with RLIF officials on a number of occasions to discuss exactly that. Up till now they have refused to meet us. However, we will continue to try and arrange a meet with them.

StadiumXIII

Juniors
And here is the PRL response

We have requested to meet with RLIF officials on a number of occasions to discuss exactly that. Up till now they have refused to meet us. However, we will continue to try and arrange a meet with them.
Pakistan Rugby League? To be honest none of those rebel nations should even be fielding national team playing RUGBY LEAGUE this a misrepresentation of the sport FFS! Go play their Calcio Fiorentino or Episkyros. No point meeting up with them it would be a waste of time and if they were given any funding it would probably go to RU. If they want to play Rugby League fullfill RLIF criteria.

siv

First Grade
Pakistan Rugby League? To be honest none of those rebel nations should even be fielding national team playing RUGBY LEAGUE this a misrepresentation of the sport FFS! Go play their Calcio Fiorentino or Episkyros. No point meeting up with them it would be a waste of time and if they were given any funding it would probably go to RU. If they want to play Rugby League fullfill RLIF criteria.

I agree on your position for the Greeks and Italians

But for Kenya and PRL - a simple communication back to get the ball running was needed. With the RLIF guidelines and how to get in touch with your Asian or African Co-Ordinator

But their response seems to highlight a "startup" issue for new nations. And that the RLIF structure in Africa and Asia needs a review for startups. Europe and Pacific model wont work

Just look at the South America. Language barriers are not a truval issue

Latest posts