What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sport in crisis as nine Aussies fail doping tests (Could involve NRL players)

applesauce

Bench
Methylhexaneamine is in most party drugs, so would it be classified as that? The "-mine" in the name of the drug suggests it is an amphetamine and not a steroid.

meltiger

First Grade
Given they talk about it being used as a stimulant by body builders etc, as well as the rec drug side, my guess it's on the list as performance enhancing.

FWIW, I don't have any issue with the AFL rec drug code anyway, frankly, couldn't give a flying if a bloke makes one or two mistakes in regards to rec drugs, don't belong to the "won't someone think of the children crowd" and couldn't give a sh*t what they do off the field if they aren't causing dramas to anyone but themselves.

If it gets to a 3rd offence, as with Travis Tuck (So contiuing over an extended period), then it's obviously become a health issue that needs to be dealt with by the player.

The NRL outs on what the 2nd offence? Realistically, they aren't that far apart.

As Ben Cousins showed, only the stupid get caught anyway.

Last edited:

RL1908

Bench
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/wafls-positive-drug-test/story-e6frg7mf-1225943924141

WAFL's positive drug test

THE West Australian Football League is bracing for another drug shock after a Swan Districts player has apparently returned a positive A-sample.

The test, conducted by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority, is believed to have discovered levels of the performance-assisting drug Sudafed, which has the potential to raise a player's heart rate.

The player, who can't be named until results of the B-sample are known, was tested by ASADA after Swan Districts' one-point grand final win over Claremont last month.

AAP

seanoff

Juniors
:crazy::crazy:
OMG SUDAFED!!!! I'm a drug cheat, I have a packet of Sudafed in my bag.

I sometimes wonder. I reckon the last thing you'd want in and AFL or NRL game is a higher heart rate. If you want a higher heart rate, wait for the game to start, I'm sure that after a couple of minutes you'll have all the heart rate you want.

Thomas

First Grade
Sudafed contains pseudoephedrine which is a stimulant. Take enough of them and you get a buzz.

It's what meth-chefs use to make speed and ice.

seanoff

Juniors
Sudafed contains pseudoephedrine which is a stimulant. Take enough of them and you get a buzz.

It's what meth-chefs use to make speed and ice.

but

is it any worse than 3 no-doze and a red bull. unless it's a huge dose, it won't be any more stimulating than a strong coffee.

i know why the ban is there, to stop people abusing the stuff, but there needs to be a floor in ppm where the effect is so minimal it wouldn't make any difference. I can take sudafed and then go to bed (and do if i've got a cold) it certainly isn't enough of a stimulant to keep me up.

this will be a 3 month suspended ban for taking cold and flu tabs. it certainly wont be 2 yrs.
as it should be for steroids, EPO, CLEAR or HGH.