What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad succession

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
No extension. Not a great sign, but I guess it's hard to value him after only two NRL trials.

Although the Warriors were allegedly able to do it.

I'd say we won't be stopping negotiations here. First and easiest thing to do was upgrade his existing contract so that he's T30 for round 1.

No doubt this will send the chicken littles into a spin though

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'd say we won't be stopping negotiations here. First and easiest thing to do was upgrade his existing contract so that he's T30 for round 1.

No doubt this will send the chicken littles into a spin though
Your mate Cheifly is already shitting himself over on the other site.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Your mate Cheifly is already shitting himself over on the other site.

Had a little look at his blog. He doesn't have much of a clue does he? He states that "Dylan isn't signed past his 19th birthday" given that he turns 19 in July this year and he was contracted until the end of 2020 even at the time of writing his piece he was wrong. Not surprising.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I see on the other site that NRL rules state a development player can only be upgraded into one of the bottom seven slots in the top 30. Pretty archaic rule.

I wonder how soon he can sign a new contract after the one that moves him into the top 30?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Had a little look at his blog. He doesn't have much of a clue does he? He states that "Dylan isn't signed past his 19th birthday" given that he turns 19 in July this year and he was contracted until the end of 2020 even at the time of writing his piece he was wrong. Not surprising.
No idea, Period!!

Noise

Coach
I see on the other site that NRL rules state a development player can only be upgraded into one of the bottom seven slots in the top 30. Pretty archaic rule.

Is that for each remaining year of the contract?

eg. we might have to put him in the bottom 7 this year but could he then have a significant upgrade for the 2nd year of his contract?

Happy MEel

First Grade
Especially because it appears rival clubs can offer as much as they like.
That was my first thought. You’re punished for developing players and rivals have the advantage of enticing them to request releases with more lucrative offers.

I can’t see any benefit to using the development system, except if you are able to use the players after June 30

Having a bit of a chuckle at the fact that before the Canberra trial Dylan was an unknown that so many forumites were saying is an untried rookie that we are hinging our season on. Plus the fact that both 2018 halves were told they could leave during the off season, who was going to replace the one who left? What are you doing Parra?
Now I read all over the place 3 weeks later criticism of the club for not locking Dylan in long term before other clubs can talk to him as if the club doesn't know what kind of player they have got on their hands but the forum experts all of a sudden do after 2 trials.
Parra invited him across the ditch at 15. His 17th birthday was circled on the calendar so as soon as he was of age they could give him 20s time. BA wanted to play him last round in the NRL last year but the NRL wouldn't come to the party. He's had an outstanding preseason, his first.
Be sure the club is doing everything in their power to sign him long term. They are 4 years into this project. There is a process. 99% of Parra fans are 3 weeks into the project. Relax enjoy the ride. There will be ups and downs.
Did anybody say hello and speak to him at the fan day? He's an engaging personality as well. Polite and smart. Yet another reason the Eels want him around the place.

Gronk

Staff member
Nickname: Dylbags
15.gif

https://www.nswrl.com.au/players/intrust-super-premiership-nsw/wentworthville-magpies/dylan-brown/

Happy MEel

First Grade
Having a bit of a chuckle at the fact that before the Canberra trial Dylan was an unknown that so many forumites were saying is an untried rookie that we are hinging our season on. Plus the fact that both 2018 halves were told they could leave during the off season, who was going to replace the one who left? What are you doing Parra?
Now I read all over the place 3 weeks later criticism of the club for not locking Dylan in long term before other clubs can talk to him as if the club doesn't know what kind of player they have got on their hands but the forum experts all of a sudden do after 2 trials.
Parra invited him across the ditch at 15. His 17th birthday was circled on the calendar so as soon as he was of age they could give him 20s time. BA wanted to play him last round in the NRL last year but the NRL wouldn't come to the party. He's had an outstanding preseason, his first.
Be sure the club is doing everything in their power to sign him long term. They are 4 years into this project. There is a process. 99% of Parra fans are 3 weeks into the project. Relax enjoy the ride. There will be ups and downs.
Did anybody say hello and speak to him at the fan day? He's an engaging personality as well. Polite and smart. Yet another reason the Eels want him around the place.
To be fair I don’t think there were too many people on here suggesting our season hinges upon an 18 year old rookie. Most people are aware what you get with rookies and anything close to a solid first year would be outstanding. I also don’t see anyone criticising the club for not locking him up long term on here. If anything id say more people are suggesting the hesitation could be from Dylan’s end and that he may not want to commit long term...which is his prerogative. However, if the rule Pou suggested exists than that would be good news.