What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad succession

JokerEel

Coach
Re Opacic, he said that he had a couple of things he wanted to do before finishing his career, play for Parramatta the club he supported as a boy and the picture of his son in an Eels shirt on the field after winning at Suncorp was a dream come true.
The opportunity to play in SuperLeague also and take his family on Europe trips before school was another tick on his list.

Sounds like he has planned it out well good for him 👍

Gazzamatta

Coach
Waqa had the yips.

AMS had more upside over Cini.

With the ball, Cini is a good player and if he gets his reads right in the toughest off season ever, you never know.

The fact that we signed (?) Harpo Marx from Manly must mean that we we can't be all that confident.

Maybe whatshisface from the wtigers wil solve everything.
I like Cini. Hes very agressive in attack. His D needs work no doubt but every 1 to 5 in The Eels system does likewise. Good coaching could turn him into a solid NRL player.

T.S Quint

Coach
Opacic was solid. But he wasn't going to make us a better side. We need an explosive centre. Player market is tough now tho. Majority of decent seems to be signed up long term by their clubs before the whole Nov 1 thing.

We don’t need an explosive centre at all.
It would be nice, but that would not be the most important thing I’d be looking for in a centre to sign right now. We need a good defender who is capable in attack. Someone dependable who you can rely on to make the correct decisions the majority of the time.

An explosive winger would probably be what we need more than an explosive centre.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It would be nice, but that would not be the most important thing I’d be looking for in a centre to sign right now. We need a good defender who is capable in attack. Someone dependable who you can rely on to make the correct decisions the majority of the time.

An explosive winger would probably be what we need more than an explosive centre.
Instead we have explosive diarrhoea on a train and trial contract.

hindy111

Post Whore

I like an explosive centre because it makes our 2nd rowers and halves running games more potent.

T.S Quint

Coach
I like an explosive centre because it makes our 2nd rowers and halves running games more potent.

Everyone likes explosive centres, but they are expensive and hard to come by.

Reliable and safe is what we should be looking for. Much more likely to fit under our cap, and an improvement on what we have (which is unreliable and unsafe).

Gronk

Staff member
The latest TCT pod talks about Andrew Davey in past tense and that he has (medically) retired. Did I miss anything ? Does he have instagram ?

King-Gutho94

Coach
The latest TCT pod talks about Andrew Davey in past tense and that he has (medically) retired. Did I miss anything ? Does he have instagram ?

Was in the paper about a month ago.

I suggest the club are just waiting for the sign-off paperwork with the NRL that he is medically retired and cleared off the cap. I assume with the NRL & the club have to get multiple doctors and legalities all sorted with the insurance.

Hodgo & the club officially announce it about a month after it was common knowledge.