What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stadium staff and service.....

Hellsy

Immortal
Was anyone as disappointed as I was again last night?

I got to the game 10mins before kick off and joined the food queue which was surprisingly short. In my head I thought 'I might just miss kickoff, but all good' instead 25mins later I was still not at the front of the queue.
Staff were SO SLOW it was ridiculous, I looked over the counter at one point and there were 6 chip baskets all empty and no-one attending to filling them..... then all of a sudden they woke up and put all 6 down while there were 8 people queued up waiting for chips.

My friend had been to the bar, gotten us our drink each (with the 2 drink limit don't even start me on that again) we had practically finished these when I finally got served.

I reckon I could have walked to Nth Parra Macca's, gotten my chips and walked back quicker.

THEN........
We go to walk up the stairs that I have walked up for the last 15 years and we get stopped and asked for our tickets. I have NEVER been asked for this before, I've been stopped at the top and asked if I knew where I was going by the courtesy peeps, but never refused entry to the stairs wihtout showing my ticket.
With chips in 1 hand and a drink in the other this pissed me off.
Is this going to be a regular thing? Or was it just that they thought extra security was warranted due to crowd numbers?
I can understand stadiums like ANZ/SFS etc asking for tickets to get into certain bays because they don't want people paying for GA tickets and moving themselves to A reserve seating, but you CANNOT get into the stadium part of Parra Stadium without having a ticket that allows you access through the gates.... from there I believe there is only 2 grades of seating, and with attendance last night I don't comprehend how they would think you'd truly be able to sit in seats that were not allocated to you.

Disappointed, annoyed and frustrated. I'll be letting them know on Monday.

Eels Dude

Coach
That sounds pretty bad. You'd think with the club trying to convince everyone to become members and season ticket holders they'd try and do a bit better. Even though it's the stadium's responsibility these are the certain issues which prevent a lot of people from attending games in the first place. The 2 drink limit is a joke. You cannot do shouts anymore so you end up spending half an hour lined up at the bar if you feel like drinking. Hip flask for me. And it's the club that loses income from that.

Brenno75

Juniors
I myself didn't line up to get food but my girlfriend lined up for and it took them about 30 minutes until they came back. When I walked past the kiosk i noticed that there was only 1 girl serving about 20 plus people, you would of thought there would of been some more staff on. But i really can't complain i work in a restaurant and understand these things happen.

hybrideel

Bench
My mum went to go and get a coke and it was just lucky that the kickoff wasn't spot on 7:30 because she would've missed the first 20 minutes. It took her nearly 30 minutes to get 2 cokes and a cup of chips

Maroubra Eel

Coach
You need to wear your tickets on a lanyard Hellsy.

I would agree that the food and bar service is ridiculous. It's not acceptable.

fish eel

Immortal
You need to wear your tickets on a lanyard Hellsy.

I would agree that the food and bar service is ridiculous. It's not acceptable.

How, I never got a plastic bit to put my ticket in. Just the bit of the lanyard that goes around my neck.

EelsFan05

Bench
I don't bother lining up for food at the game, I eat before I go. The beer line on the other hand.....

Parra Steve

Juniors
I'm assuming the person at the end of the stairs was because the kt food stand I went into was also open to the western terrace

fish eel

Immortal
oh ffs fishy stop with the bitching and moaning

;-)

I'm a practical guy.

I was thinking of hole punching the ticket so I can use the lanyard

BTW - is it just me or did nobody else get anything to hold the ticket, or just the neck piece of the lanyard

strider

Post Whore
I'm a practical guy.

I was thinking of hole punching the ticket so I can use the lanyard

BTW - is it just me or did nobody else get anything to hold the ticket, or just the neck piece of the lanyard
nobody got it .... i did suggest drilling a hole in it in that other thread - didn't go down well tho :lol:

Eels Dude

Coach
I'm assuming the person at the end of the stairs was because the kt food stand I went into was also open to the western terrace

That's pretty pathetic organising then if they had to open an extra food stand because the western terraces were too busy.

Gronk

Staff member
I don't bother lining up for food at the game, I eat before I go. The beer line on the other hand.....

There was a new beer tent and gozleme hut at the back of the Cronin Stand. Good work in some areas, bad in others it seems ...

Eelogical

Referee
I am glad this thread was started. On all the occasions I have been to Parra Stadium I have dreaded the lineup for overpriced, inferior food. I expect to pay more at sporting venues but I certainly don't expect to be served crap food, wait forever for it and be buttraped on price for the privelege. I am thinking PS must have shares in the Church Street restaurant/fast food strip because my money (and I am sure a lot of others too) isn't being spent at the stadium. End of rant.............

Nikki

Coach
The Stadium Trust are bullying us when it comes to food and beverage at the games. We are not allowed to bring outside fast food in, and expected to pay overs and put up with below standard service. Mind you, I have been attending games at the Stadium since '88 and it has never changed.

I myself didn't line up to get food but my girlfriend lined up for and it took them about 30 minutes until they came back. When I walked past the kiosk i noticed that there was only 1 girl serving about 20 plus people, you would of thought there would of been some more staff on. But i really can't complain i work in a restaurant and understand these things happen.

Come on, there can't be too much profit margin on the food and drinks at the footy. It is such a bargain and great quality, imagine what they'd have to charge if they actually had a decent number of staff to serve it. :sarcasm::lol:

Eels Dude

Coach
The Stadium Trust are bullying us when it comes to food and beverage at the games. We are not allowed to bring outside fast food in, and expected to pay overs and put up with below standard service. Mind you, I have been attending games at the Stadium since '88 and it has never changed.

Not just food... when I went to watch the grand final at Parra stadium last year, they wouldn't even let me take in a large coke I'd bought from McDonalds. It's a bloody cup FFS, but because it has "McDonalds" written on it it's not allowed in. Some people don't have to time to have dinner before getting to the footy on a friday night, and surely don't feel like waiting in line 20 minutes for an overpriced pie which doesn't even taste good.

Glenn

First Grade
Went down stairs to the food bar at the pool end of theWestern Terrace, 5 mins after full time in the Toyota Cup, then 20 min later managed to get served. NOT GOOD ENOUGH