What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stadium Upgrade

macavity

Referee
look, to be honest I dont care WHY they do it, the fact that it is needed and deserved should be enough. I still wont be voting labor....

You yourself said he cant lose in Newcastle, so I ask you is there any incentive there for Labor either....?

Doctor

Bench
Is it possible to rise above the common theme of Liberal Party bashing. Surely, for one day, you could humour the minority and put aside prejudices to actually examine the reasons for how and why economic management affects the general population.

As I said: the irony of voting in a government that spends up big to keep voters happy, is that the voters end up paying more anyway because of the inevitable upsurge in interest-rates. You actually end up worse off if the government spurges money it doesn't have. Economy 101 teaches you that.

It is fairly obvious, through a brief glance at history, to see which party/s manage to build a surplus. It is equally easy to see how the nasties like interest rates become a problem at coincidental moments when certain governments are in office.

Whichever party manages to keep (or produce) a surplus, and still keep the country running well, will continue to get my vote. At the moment, there is only one option.

misty

Juniors
I think this surplus is a load of rubbish, they have taken money from the hospitals, the nursing homes,cut funds to the disabled and public schools and gave it to their rich mates :roll:

To make it look like unemployment is down they put a lot of people on the disability pension, cut the dole to some kids if the parents are earning x amount of dollars, which is fair enough,now they have changed the disability pension... too many people on it.

If the ALP get in you will see how good Costello is.

Anonymous

Juniors
misty said:
I think this surplus is a load of rubbish, they have taken money from the hospitals, the nursing homes,cut funds to the disabled and public schools and gave it to their rich mates :roll:

To make it look like unemployment is down they put a lot of people on the disability pension, cut the dole to some kids if the parents are earning x amount of dollars, which is fair enough,now they have changed the disability pension... too many people on it.

If the ALP get in you will see how good Costello is.

Did you know misty, that you only have to be doing WFD and charity work to be considered employed?

Then you don't appear on the unemployment figures!

misty

Juniors
Well there you go..... another way to get the numbers down #-o

I didn't know that by the way :)

Also part time work some poor ba***** are working 4 p/t jobs trying to make a living and lets not forget the uni-students who spent their whole life at uni :roll:

Anonymous

Juniors
misty said:
Also part time work some poor ba***** are working 4 p/t jobs trying to make a living and lets not forget the uni-students who spent their whole life at uni :roll:

Why not forget them.

Little Lying Johnny has!

misty

Juniors
Thats true ok, consider them forgotten, Ooooooh, that sexy Chris Iisak is on :) I'm geting excited about this game its going to be a cracker :clap: :clap:

Alex28 said:
Man_of_Steel_1982 said:
A Wollongong federal seat went to the Greens in a recent by-election on the back of influx pop. from Sydney and discontent amongst unions who backed an independent (who prefenced the Greens). The Liberals still did nothing down here and the seat looks set to return to Labor.

The concept of profiting if you become a "swinging seat" is a myth.

How anyone's ideologies and beliefs like yours can shift so massively on a whim is totally beyond me.

a whim...interesting...

you are missing the massive gap in your arguement...the seat was labor...then went to greens...now looks like going back to labor - right?

what exactly is the lib's getting out of this? you WILL profit in a swinging, or as i put it more correctly, a marginal seat - but only if the coalition is in with a chance of winning the seat!

let me dumb this down for you a bit more...because it appears you need it.

If Labor is not in power, and Greens are not in power, and they are the only ones who have a chance of winning the seat, then they cant really promise anything can they? because they are not in power and can not fulfill the promises!

and as for my "ideologies and beliefs" - how the hell do you know what mine are, and how would you know if I have changed them on a "whim"? i dont support labor...i dont support the coalition. i'm also not anti-either of the parties. i wont purposely not vote for either of them based on others opinions and propoganda thats fashionable to quote in people's signatures. i'll take all of the parties on face value and decide for myself. always have, always will.

so please...tell me how this has changed?

Let me inform you, the seat of Cunningham is no longer a safe seat and the Liberals have seen a strong swing towards them in the past election. The by-election saw the seat go to the Greens because the Liberals didn't even bother to contest the seat! Even though with plenty of discontent at the former sitting member, Dr Stephen Martin, vacating the seat and the swing towards them at the previous election, they showed no interest at all. There were a long list of candidates and they all preferenced labor very low, turning a safe labor seat over to the Greens. It could easily of been for the Liberals benefit if they contested it. There was a strong conservative vote as well.

They then present a useless bloke several weeks before this election, and because of all this, Labor is TIPPED to regain the seat. With the changing atitudes and population shift from Sydney into the area and the large number of young families with mortgages, it was ripe for "Howard's Battlers" just like Sydney's west.

Also, all that the western Sydney marginals get is a tiny bit of money for a sports complex and such once every 3 years.

At State level, the safe Labor area of Newcastle usually fares alot better with spending from the State Labor Govt than Wollongong does, even though the Illawarra has one Liberal seat in the south and a strong sprinkling of loud political parties continually gaining ground on Labor in once very safe seats.

If you can move you're vote between Labor and Liberal at any given time, then you are obviously changing your beliefs as well.
You're personal remarks and condescending manner are a reflection on your character (and also point to the fact that you'd fit really well alongside Howard, Abbott and Costello).

macavity said:
look, to be honest I dont care WHY they do it, the fact that it is needed and deserved should be enough. I still wont be voting labor....

You yourself said he cant lose in Newcastle, so I ask you is there any incentive there for Labor either....?

Exactly.

Latest posts