What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stadiums Rank

Rank each Nrl stadium using a number from 1 to 16/17/18
Broncos: Suncorp Stadium
Bulldogs: Telstra Stadium
Canberra: Canberra Stadium
Cowboys: Dairy Farmers Stadium
Cronulla: Toyota Park
Eagles: Brookvale Oval
Storm: Olympic Park
Knights: Energy Australia Stadium
Eels: Parramata Stadium
Panthers: CUA Stadium
Souths: Aussie Stadium
Dragons: Oki Jubilee & Win Stadium
Roosters: Aussie Stadium
Warriors: Mt Smart Stadium
Tigers: Leichart or Telstra Stadium
Titans: Carra Stadium

:blahb: :blahb: :blahb:

Suncorp Stadium
Aussie Stadium
Telstra Stadium
Dairy Farmers Stadium
Canberra Stadium
Olympic Park
Energy Australia Stadium
Brookvale Oval
Parramata Stadium
CUA Stadium
Oki Jubilee
Win Stadium
Mt Smart Stadium
Carra Stadium
Toyota Park
Leichart
:D

:D :lol:
philstorm said:
1. Suncorp
2. Aussie

Last: Olympic Park
agree 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%:D :D :D

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
If you haven't been to them all then it's not really something you can do.
Of the ones i have been to i'd rank them like this.
1. Leichhardt - Best atmosphere bar none and that includes origin at suncorp.
2. Suncorp - Nice facility easy to get to with public transport etc. Security is rediculous taking kids flags, telling people not to yell out so loud which does detract from what it could be. For Broncos matches it is usually pretty quiet but for origin it is one of the best atmopheres you can get... except as mentioned above. It lost some of it's charm and atmosphere since it was redeveloped but comfort wise is best by far.
3. Parramatta - good size ground for the average NRL crowd - decent atmosphere.
4. Telstra - never really has an atmosphere as it should even on grandfinal day it's all just too sterile.
5. Carrara - awful place to watch football the sorta ground you would only go to if your team was playing the sooner the Titans get to Robina the better... for both Titans and Away fans.

ozbash

Referee
Broncos: Suncorp Stadium - 1 nicest stadium ive ever seen.
Bulldogs: Telstra Stadium- 2 huuuuuuuuuuuge for a wide eyed kiwi
Canberra: Canberra Stadium
Cowboys: Dairy Farmers Stadium
Cronulla: Toyota Park
Eagles: Brookvale Oval
Storm: Olympic Park
Knights: Energy Australia Stadium
Eels: Parramata Stadium
Panthers: CUA Stadium
Souths: Aussie Stadium
Dragons: Oki Jubilee & Win Stadium
Roosters: Aussie Stadium
Warriors: Mt Smart Stadium - 4 should have been Carlaw Park
Tigers: Leichart or Telstra Stadium
Titans: Carra Stadium - 3, nice big open place, reminded me of nz grounds.

the others i dont know except for tv but laing park would take some beating.

phonetic

Juniors
1. Kogarah. Yes I'm biased, but I love the place. The renovations are just making the place even better.
2. SFS. A superb football ground. Distinctive architecture, great viewing, close to the city.
3. Suncorp. Was up there for the Saints/Bronocos semi last year and was very impressed. Shame about the XXXX.
4. Leichardt. Second best suburban ground behind Kogarah.
5. Canberra Stadium. Not too many bad seats in this ground.

Worst Ground - Shark Park.

Parramatta Stadium was a great ground.. I'm not such a fan now the hills are gone. Also the fact that signage blocks the view of the big screen from certain parts of the ground counts against it.

Homebush is sensational for the big games. Not a bad place to watch footy from if you're on the lower level on either side. Plenty of bad seats though.

Olympic Park I've been to twice. Cold, miserable, grey... they really need that new ground asap.

Suncorp Stadium (i went there for the Australia/Paraguay game, very good stadium)
Telstra Stadium
Aussie Stadium
Oki Jubilee
Parramatta Stadium
Win Stadium
Dairy Farmers Stadium
Canberra Stadium
Olympic Park
Energy Australia Stadium
Brookvale Oval

CUA Stadium
Carra Stadium
Mt Smart Stadium
Toyota Park
Leichart

Molly

Juniors
Olympic Park is the worst hands down......if you travelled back in time to the 56 games, it wouldnt have changed much......

langpark

First Grade
Tap Twist Snap said:
Carrara - awful place to watch football the sorta ground you would only go to if your team was playing the sooner the Titans get to Robina the better... for both Titans and Away fans.
Agreed, i've watched a few games there and it really is terrible, quite probably THE worst in NRL. It's such a shame Robina couldn't have been ready this year.

ledzep

Bench
Suncorp is far and away the best sporting stadium in Australia
If more NRL teams played at quality stadiums like that, rather than rubbish grounds like Brookvale and WIN, the crowd average would definitely increase

Tom Shines

First Grade
This is only going by the grounds I've personally been to:
1 Aussie
2 Parramatta
3 Campbelltown
4 Leichhardt
5 Brookvale
6 Shark Park
99 Telstra Stadium

Perth Red

Post Whore
1. Suncorp- Best modern mid size stadium in Oz
2. SFS - Great atmosphere and feel on top of the action

the rest - outdated half built suburban grounds

last Telstra (not counting GF's)- Hate 3/4 empty stadiums

Perth Red said:
the rest - outdated half built suburban grounds

Ive always felt one of the strenghts of the NRL over the AFL is that suburban teams still play in their community ( obviously not in all cases)

sure some of the stands could do with improving , but its very hard to come up with the cash if your not in a marginal electorate.

At the end of the day i hope we never have a situation like the AFL with 6 teams playing out of the same ground.

back on topic.

of the grounds ive been too,

1.Aussie
2.CUA
3.Telstra ( when full for SOO and GF's)
4.Leichardt
5. Blue tongue
6.Kogarah ( love the feel of this ground)
7.Parramatta stadium

dead last.... Brooky

kooriguy

Juniors
ive never been to any stadium outside of nsw but i would have to rank penrith stadium (CUA) as having the best atmosphere of the regional sydney stadiums and if labor get in and the proposed money they are throwing at us comes through it will be the most complete stadium in sydney bar telstra and aussie.. although they are useless for club games.

Hoggy

Bench
I've been to Olympic Park, Brookvale Oval, WIN Stadium and Telstra Stadium for actual matches, and I've done a tour of Suncorp so I feel I can put that in my order as well...

1. Suncorp
2. WIN
3. Brookvale
4. Telstra
5. Olympic

That's also not counting the fact that I've seen the Storm at the MCG and Telstra Dome.