What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

myrrh ken

First Grade
See the thing with Holdo acting weird, not letting on about her plan and stunning the mutiny etc is that it put the audience in 2 minds. Was she the traitor feeding back info to the Empire or not? You had to do that with a blow in, not Ackbar.

I think the premise was fine but people just didn't like the execution - or the purple hair. I think it must've worked too well at the start because people still didn't like her.

Maybe Ackbar could've stayed on the ship with her. They can fix that in the inevitable redux version

Generalzod

Immortal
See the thing with Holdo acting weird, not letting on about her plan and stunning the mutiny etc is that it put the audience in 2 minds. Was she the traitor feeding back info to the Empire or not? You had to do that with a blow in, not Ackbar.

I think the premise was fine but people just didn't like the execution - or the purple hair. I think it must've worked too well at the start because people still didn't like her.

Maybe Ackbar could've stayed on the ship with her. They can fix that in the inevitable redux version
It's more than just a redux that is needed to fix TLJ...

bileduct

Coach
While watching the film I thought Finn was the reason they were able track them through hyperspace. I figured there was something about him being a former stormtrooper that allowed it. I never once thought it could be Holdo.

In fact I can't even remember the reason they gave for the tracking ability.

Timbo

Staff member

Whilst I get that, it doesn't make sense in universe - it only makes sense if the characters know they're in a movie and need to create suspense for the audience.

It's bad writing.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Does anyone know who snoke was apart from a dumb bad guy who got killed by the good girl and another bad guy working together????? ?

Mr Spock!

Referee
Hopefully that awesomely evil character captain phasma returns to die another stupid death.

Man there is so much I hate about that movie.

jargan83

Coach
Hopefully that awesomely evil character captain phasma returns to die another stupid death.

Man there is so much I hate about that movie.

I really don't get why that character got so much air time when promoting the movie when she has about 5 minutes air time in two movies.

Timbo

Staff member
I really don't get why that character got so much air time when promoting the movie when she has about 5 minutes air time in two movies.

I think they were trying to go for Boba Fett but missed their mark badly.

Also, why cast a well known actor in the role if that's how you're going to treat them. The only other role I can remember Jeremy Bulloch in other than Boba Fett was as Q's assistant in two of Roger Moore's Bond movies.

Bazal

Post Whore

Meh. She looked cool, no other reason. Happens all the time.

The coolest scenes from the Infinity War trailer weren't even in the movie. It's all just bait to get people in the doors.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Holdo, Rose, Leia Poppins, Mary Sue Rey, Phasma - girl power, blah, blah, SJW's , Kathleen Kennedy, money money, equality, blah blah, men scared of women, JJ Abrams, blah blah.

TFA was fun nostalgia, but almost 6 years on does anyone even really give a shit? Point is, it was hardly memorable.

TLJ sucked hard.

We'll see how this one goes, but it's going to have to be damn good for this trilogy to be redeemed.

nöyd

Staff member
Kevin Smith's prediction for the reason why "Skywalker" is in the title, is because it has now transcended the term "Jedi", in that Luke was The Last Jedi, however anyone now being trained in what we know as the Jedi ways will be known as Skywalkers.

Rey may end up being a Skywalker by "trade" so to speak, not by name.

Eh...

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Kevin Smith's prediction for the reason why "Skywalker" is in the title, is because it has now transcended the term "Jedi", in that Luke was The Last Jedi, however anyone now being trained in what we know as the Jedi ways will be known as Skywalkers.

Rey may end up being a Skywalker by "trade" so to speak, not by name.

Eh...

giphy.gif

Matua

Bench
Man the hatred for TLJ is strong on this thread.

Seriously people, the prequels, all three of them are utter garbage that are unwatchable twice. Even with the stuff you don't like TLJ is a better film than any of the prequels.

I actually enjoyed TLJ more the second time I watched it. So. looks like I'll be the 'one' from this thread looking forward to the new movie. :D

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Seriously people, the prequels, all three of them are utter garbage that are unwatchable twice. Even with the stuff you don't like TLJ is a better film than any of the prequels.

I actually enjoyed TLJ more the second time I watched it. So. looks like I'll be the 'one' from this thread looking forward to the new movie. :D
Hi Rian.

Mr Spock!

Referee

The Phantom menace shat all over TLJ and it was awful.

Latest posts