What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of Origin 2K19 Discussion

MrBlack

Juniors
Hmmm - Freddy was either the best coach in the world or just got lucky after his selections went so well last game.

We will know which it is after this one now.

Personally - I would have gone with Wade Grahame

Hmmm - Freddy was either the best coach in the world or just got lucky after his selections went so well last game.

We will know which it is after this one now.

Personally - I would have gone with Wade Grahame

Graham is a huge risk if Maloney got injured. (Not that I would’ve selected Pearce)

Kilkenny

Coach
Don’t care much for the record book Mitchell Pearce is a great footy player and I hope he tears it up in S00 3. He deserves it. Shoulder much of the blame during an era when we were simply outclassed by a far better side. Maybe, just maybe we are the better side now and he will seal the deal. Good luck Mitchell.

snickers007

Juniors
I think the Blues can win with Pearce in the team.
All he needs to do is make his tackles, and get injured in the first 5 minutes, so that Maloney and Graham can do their thing

Don’t care much for the record book Mitchell Pearce is a great footy player and I hope he tears it up in S00 3. He deserves it. Shoulder much of the blame during an era when we were simply outclassed by a far better side. Maybe, just maybe we are the better side now and he will seal the deal. Good luck Mitchell.

It’s interesting we won without him in 2014, though.

Kilkenny

Coach
It’s interesting we won without him in 2014, though.

Again I’m not bothered or influenced by records or stats.

Call as I see it and I just think he is a great half back and if Cronk was a Blue and Pearce had of been a Maroon the results in the record book would have been the same.

Regardless of what history has shown in SOO he is a great footy player and we would have gone much deeper in our recent finals appearances had we of enjoyed a player the calibre of Mitchell Pearce.

Again I’m not bothered or influenced by records or stats.

Call as I see it and I just think he is a great half back and if Cronk was a Blue and Pearce had of been a Maroon the results in the record book would have been the same.

Regardless of what history has shown in SOO he is a great footy player and we would have gone much deeper in our recent finals appearances had we of enjoyed a player the calibre of Mitchell Pearce.

Tbh I think you throw ‘great’ around a little too easily. He’s a very good club half, but he’ll never be considered one of the greats.

Kilkenny

Coach
Tbh I think you throw ‘great’ around a little too easily. He’s a very good club half, but he’ll never be considered one of the greats.

I played with ‘Ba Ba’ Terry Lamb and it was great to catch up with him at a recent golf charity day and we were reminiscing and talking all things footy. For no reason we were talking about halves, Nathan Cleary and yes Mitchell Pearce. He was pretty much of the same opinion as myself in respect he is a true ‘great’ half back and sadly much maligned.

betcats

Referee
I hope Pearcey does well but don't feel sorry for him if he doesn't, I've seen him out and about multiple times since he signed with Newcastle and lets just say he is the opposite of humble.

MrBlack

Juniors
I hope Pearcey does well but don't feel sorry for him if he doesn't, I've seen him out and about multiple times since he signed with Newcastle and lets just say he is the opposite of humble.

Win or lose next Wednesday it will be because of him.........

MrBlack

Juniors
I don't think so. He wont be asked to do anything more than Nath has in his origin games. Jimmy will be running the show.

Agree - but he is the sort of player that will be blamed if we lose. Or, consequently will be hailed a hero if we win.

Kilkenny

Coach
Queensland are no where near the side they were during there incredible winning streak but they still have some very dangerous players and will be much tougher opposition than they were in game two.

Having said that I think NSW will win and should win well.