What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of Origin Bolters

Razor

Coach
Southernsaint said:
I think the reason Tahu gets picked is because of the combination he works with Gidley, another "selectors pet".

Cheers,
Ben S.

Tahu/Gidley certainly performed better than Tate/Devere whilst all 4 were on the field.

Eels Dude

Coach
Eric Grothe Jr, and Lance Thompson i'd say are definate bolters for origin. It's going to be tough though with so many form players competing for spots at the moment. Can't see Kurt Gidley getting a bench spot though, that'll most likely go to Wing and deservedly so.

Langers

Juniors
Razor said:
t-ba the hutt said:
NPK said:
I didn't know Watmough was a Queenslander.

Neither Does he :lol: . He's been playing for the Eagles since Harold Matthews, so it's impossible for him to be eligible for QLD.

I read somewhere that he was signed from QLD when he was 16.

Watmough is definately from NSW. He was born in Auburn and played his junior footy for Narrabeen.

t-ba the hutt said:
chemicalbrother said:
Stgillaman said:
Orford, since he will be at the Roosters in 2005,
:D

Source?

Storm Fans getting very Touchy about Orford :lol: . That'll tach ya for hiring Sharpie as an assistant coach :lol: .

I would like to hes soruce because sometimes he pull things out of hes (cough right here), StgIllaman man i meen!!.
I am not Touchie mate, i have heard something about oford and it has to do with a Pen and paper with the Storm. That's all i can say

BTW t-ba Thanks for letting us have Sharpie(nice Bloke anyway!! and a fantasic Assistant) and where has Dessie Hasler put you down near the Bottom

SaintTPP

First Grade
Lance thompson is definatley the bolter here, he is playing fantastically and he is third in most metres gained in the NRL, has the most offloads and is up there in top tacklers.

Johns Magic

Referee
Unless there are injuries, I can't see Thompson playing Origin this year. The back row is heavily populated, with players like Kennedy, Fitzgibbon, Hindmarsh, Fletcher, Waterhouse, Timmins, Morrison, etc. all there at the moment. I'm not saying that they should be there in front of him, but you know the selectors, they'll stick with the same people that did the job well last year, and they have a right to do that.

t-ba

Post Whore
chemicalbrother said:
I would like to hes soruce because sometimes he pull things out of hes (cough right here), StgIllaman man i meen!!.
I am not Touchie mate, i have heard something about oford and it has to do with a Pen and paper with the Storm. That's all i can say

BTW t-ba Thanks for letting us have Sharpie(nice Bloke anyway!! and a fantasic Assistant) and where has Dessie Hasler put you down near the Bottom

It's one of the worst kept secrets in the game that orford is more than likely going to shop himself around this season. The Roosters, being the New Silvertails, will of course be implicated in any players future who is off contract much like Manly. Manly were going to Sign Freddy Fittler, Jym Dymmock, Dean Pay, Jarrod Mackracken, Aaron Ritson, Matt Sing and all the Super League defectors in 1995, and the Roosters better get use to that kind of treatment.

Sharpy is a really nice bloke. Couldn't coach a winning side out of wet blanket, but a really good bloke. The only time he ever did anything right was when the team was totally written off and under massive pressure. If you've bothered to watch some Eagles Matches, this side is performing better than all of Sharpies sides except the 2002 outfit (Massive Adversity par excellance). God help you if Bellamy ever decides to leave and Sharpie gets the top job.

t-ba the hutt said:
chemicalbrother said:

It's one of the worst kept secrets in the game that orford is more than likely going to shop himself around this season. The Roosters, being the New Silvertails, will of course be implicated in any players future who is off contract much like Manly. Manly were going to Sign Freddy Fittler, Jym Dymmock, Dean Pay, Jarrod Mackracken, Aaron Ritson, Matt Sing and all the Super League defectors in 1995, and the Roosters better get use to that kind of treatment.

Sharpy is a really nice bloke. Couldn't coach a winning side out of wet blanket, but a really good bloke. The only time he ever did anything right was when the team was totally written off and under massive pressure. If you've bothered to watch some Eagles Matches, this side is performing better than all of Sharpies sides except the 2002 outfit (Massive Adversity par excellance). God help you if Bellamy ever decides to leave and Sharpie gets the top job.

With Sharpie, We had Muppet murray enough said

t-ba

Post Whore
WTF? :lol: .

It's a toss up. Anyone who couldn't bring the 2000 or 2001 Neagles to the top 4, let alone the 8 is a bit of a worry.

t-ba

Post Whore
I know who you are Talking about. Just reckon Sharpie isn't that crash hot.

Red Bear

Referee
wherever Orford signs next year it will only be for one year cos he will be coming to the might Central Coast Bears in 2006 :)

Brent Webb for Bolter for the Queensland State Of Origin Team.

He is playing well in a losing team.

He's in the top ten for Hit-ups, Offloads, Line Breaks, and Try Scorers :D

choc_soldier

Coach
There are some people who have been tossing up Luke Rooney's name.

I think he would be a hit in Origin, but I think there are just too many more deserving people in front of him at the moment.

blackfriday

Juniors
i'd like to see roberts and thompson lining up, but phil gould doesnt know theres more than roosters/panther/knights in the NRL.

Special K

Coach
Jason Stevens is a bolter to get back into the team. Before you call him soft have a look at his stats this season.

Shifty

Juniors
Brent Webb for Bolter for the Queensland State Of Origin Team.

He is playing well in a losing team.

He's in the top ten for Hit-ups, Offloads, Line Breaks, and Try Scorers

You forgot sin-binnings, he'd have to top that list wouldn't he? Webb has cost the Warriors on many occasions and there are better players in front of him.

Certainly has the ability, but a lot will depend on his attitude.

tiger_nick

Bench
One bloke who won't get picked due to injury but would have been pushing for a country jumper is Anthony Laffranchi for the Tigers. This bloke was gangbusters for us last year and won out player of the year award. Front or back rower does plenty of work and can break the line aswell. Reminds me a lot of David Furner, or a young Rob Kearns. Carryed our lightweight forward pack well last year and went from fringe first grader to our number1 yardage man. Was going even better in the three trials this year befor injuring his kneew in the final one. Back on the bench this week and can;t come quick enough! Like I said not this year but next year this bloke will be spoken about come rep time!

Latest posts