What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of Origin Bolters

c_eagle

Juniors
From a Manly point of view, Scott Donald for QLD, Sam Harris and Daniel Heckenburg for NSW. I doubt any of them will get selected but I think Scotty really deserves it.

Paullyboy

Coach
I dont think Nutley has a hope in hell, sure he makes a few tackles, but he isnt a talented player and would be out of place at the origin level.

As for Mark Minichiello - I think you guys should look at Ashley Harrison first, he has been the much better south sydney backrower.

I just really think that Nathan Hindmarsh should play, the guy has been the best backrower in the comp this year yet we are constantly bombarded with rubbish like "Waterhouse should have been picked ahead of him" or "Timmins is the better option"

woodgers

Bench
I doubt any of them will get selected but I think Scotty really deserves it
Deserving it has nothing to do with getting selected. Honestly C Eagle, if Scott Donald had played for Roosters, Broncos, St George or Newcastle he would have played Origin years ago. Not saying I think he should get selected. Far too small for the physical origin footy without much open space.

Paullyboy

Coach
I dont think Donald is worthy of it to be honest, he has speed - but so do lots of players. Billy Slater has speed but he isnt worthy of an origin jersey, Joven Clarke had even more speed yet he was not even good enough for a club jersey. To make origin you need more than just speed.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Paullyboy said:
I dont think Nutley has a hope in hell, sure he makes a few tackles, but he isnt a talented player and would be out of place at the origin level.

As for Mark Minichiello - I think you guys should look at Ashley Harrison first, he has been the much better south sydney backrower.

I just really think that Nathan Hindmarsh should play, the guy has been the best backrower in the comp this year yet we are constantly bombarded with rubbish like "Waterhouse should have been picked ahead of him" or "Timmins is the better option"

It don't matter what we want, it's what Phil Me Groin that gets to pick the Squad.

My Bolters are Cooper and Thommo, Only if Saints can Win this week vs the Rorters. If they do, and these guys play some part, they will improve their prospects signifigantly.

Why would they pick Amos Roberts. He like Blkacklock was never picked, But hey, I think both are Supreme athletes and Amos on Form deserves the spot, But there is Rooney, Lewis ahead of him, and Tahu is a Favourite of the selectors for some reason.

Preston, Forget him being picked at origin, Phil is all talk, he wont pick him.

Orford, since he will be at the Roosters in 2005, Will be picked at Half, and Barrett now that he has decided not to go to the Rorters, may get overlooked for Gower.

:D

Southernsaint

Staff member
Tommy Smith said:
I don't care how well Cooper is going. Unless he cuts his hair he should never represent.

Just like Russell Fairfax trying to get into Easts Leagues during you "Glory Days"?? :lol:

Cheers,
Ben S.

Southernsaint

Staff member
I think the reason Tahu gets picked is because of the combination he works with Gidley, another "selectors pet".

Cheers,
Ben S.

Johns Magic

Referee
I think the reason Tahu gets picked is because of the combination he works with Gidley, another "selectors pet".

:lol:

Did you even watch the game last night? The Gidley-Tahu combination was once again excellent and resulted in a great try- and they were once again sound in defence.
They do it everytime too, so I don't know what you're complaining about.

Munky

Coach
Johns Magic said:

and they were once again sound in defence.

That was some great defensive positioning off the scrum wasn't it?

simon says

First Grade
I reckon that was Lockyers fault at the scrum.He let the player get outside him and that brought Gidley in.

Munky

Coach
simon says said:
I reckon that was Lockyers fault at the scrum.He let the player get outside him and that brought Gidley in.

Probably was but Tahu should have tried tackling low, a good chance it wouldn't have worked but a body to body tackle? What was he thinking?

simon says

First Grade
Wow,I thought Tahu made a great attempt to pull the Volcano down.I thought he was too close to the line to try and go low.I reckon Tahu really put his body on the line and had a real dig.......

Cheers.

t-ba

Post Whore
chemicalbrother said:
Stgillaman said:
Orford, since he will be at the Roosters in 2005,
:D

Source?

Storm Fans getting very Touchy about Orford :lol: . That'll tach ya for hiring Sharpie as an assistant coach :lol: .

Latest posts