What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of origin series

BuddPanther

Juniors
QLD to have a field day attacking with Cody. He might set up a few, but will let in twice as many. What a joke selection…

The upside is Yeo won’t play as many minutes and Leniu won’t make the field and Luai isn’t there. Meaning they’ll be fresh for following NRL game.

The downside is Freddy will most likely have a dumb game plan or lack of with Martin probably playing 80 mins and To’o and Critchon are a still there increasing potential injury in a meaningless game.

Sometimes you need to ask if Brandy being a selector is a gift or a curse for the Panthers players.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
The upside is Yeo won’t play as many minutes and Leniu won’t make the field and Luai isn’t there. Meaning they’ll be fresh for following NRL game.

The downside is Freddy will most likely have a dumb game plan or lack of with Martin probably playing 80 mins and To’o and Critchon are a still there increasing potential injury in a meaningless game.

Sometimes you need to ask if Brandy being a selector is a gift or a curse for the Panthers players.
Brandy seems likena terrible coach

Pumpkin

Juniors
I always maintain that playing origin helps your club. Come finals time you have players who are fine under pressure.

Cleary got injured in a club game but that's a blessing too. Penrith are still winning and now they have a backup halfback who's getting first grade experience .

mxlegend99

Referee
I always maintain that playing origin helps your club. Come finals time you have players who are fine under pressure.

Cleary got injured in a club game but that's a blessing too. Penrith are still winning and now they have a backup halfback who's getting first grade experience .
It helped a few years ago. There's no benefit to our guys who have won multiple grand finals, played in world cups, and played in multiple Origin series.

They have enough big game experience that they're not going to be any better in the finals this year because they played Origin. It's just a tougher game that can burn them out.

QLD are going to love attacking the NSW left edge. Fancy having Cody Walker, Bradman Best and JAC defending together. Wouldn't even be a good defensive edge at club level. Really have no idea how hte f**k Bradman Best jumped up the pecking order. One good game against Bulldogs? Can't be that.

Walker is a bad choice. Bloke has no future. Why run him in a nothing game, if he was picked for a live series you could see the gain being we think he can win it for us NOW. But a dead rubber match is a waste of an opportunity for experience to someone who could be an option down the track.

Fox has been shit this year and somehow kept his spot despite not being picked last year when he was actually good. Fittler and Brandy really have no idea.

pantherz9103

First Grade
I’m not even sure if I’ll be watching Game 3.
I’m happy there’s no Luai and Yeo on reduced minutes.
We need to win the comp again not only for us, but can you imagine if Souffs or those Brisbane pricks won it? Their fans would be insufferable. That’s what I care about, club footy! QLD can have their wank fest Shield.

Iamback

Coach
I’m not even sure if I’ll be watching Game 3.
I’m happy there’s no Luai and Yeo on reduced minutes.
We need to win the comp again not only for us, but can you imagine if Souffs or those Brisbane pricks won it? Their fans would be insufferable. That’s what I care about, club footy! QLD can have their wank fest Shield.

A pissed off fresh Luai
Rested Cleary.

We have an easy month coming up.

Should give us a buffer to rest guys across the last month and really dominate

Black Magik

Juniors
Walker has one trick shot and without Johnson on the wing that trick shot will be reduced to a pass to the touch judge...No offence to To'o or Addo Carr.

Pumpkin

Juniors
This may sound cruel, but I've always maintained that if I had to sit there listening to Freddy all week, I'd just do a Jamie Lyon and walk out and say I don't want to play origin.

There's no need for him to ban mobile phones. That's a way people connect these days. Depriving them of that could lead to depression.

mxlegend99 is right. Bradman Best is a crazy selection. He's had no big match experience, no origin experience, hasn't been playing consistently well over a long period of time. You don't pick a player based on one good game against the hapless bulldogs.

Munky

Coach
Walker has one trick shot and without Johnson on the wing that trick shot will be reduced to a pass to the touch judge...No offence to To'o or Addo Carr.

Nah, Robert Jennings who is an absolute spud had an amazing year outside Walker.

Cody us a pretty good player and outside if struggling against our full strength edge he has carved up everyone.

Everything Salmon plays on the right against him I get nervous.

This may sound cruel, but I've always maintained that if I had to sit there listening to Freddy all week, I'd just do a Jamie Lyon and walk out and say I don't want to play origin.

There's no need for him to ban mobile phones. That's a way people connect these days. Depriving them of that could lead to depression.

mxlegend99 is right. Bradman Best is a crazy selection. He's had no big match experience, no origin experience, hasn't been playing consistently well over a long period of time. You don't pick a player based on one good game against the hapless bulldogs.
Any money that's Joey John's in his ear, as for the Rabbitohs selection how else can they sell out the stadium, remember it's about a 3mill dollar lose as it's a dead rubber

Iamback

Coach

That is what Freddy does.

Watches the games the week before Origin and then picks his best 17

Iamback

Coach
Nah, Robert Jennings who is an absolute spud had an amazing year outside Walker.

Cody us a pretty good player and outside if struggling against our full strength edge he has carved up everyone.

Everything Salmon plays on the right against him I get nervous.

QLD picked leg speed, No lazy defenders, guys that keep moving in defence to take away space.

Cody won't be able to do what Cleary, Luai and Moses haven't been able to.

Freddy is just being lazy just thinking he can insert players and wins will come.

The Realist

Juniors
QLD picked leg speed, No lazy defenders, guys that keep moving in defence to take away space.

Cody won't be able to do what Cleary, Luai and Moses haven't been able to.

Freddy is just being lazy just thinking he can insert players and wins will come.

QLD also picked players who CARE and have a fire about them playing for QLD. We picked the FOX who does not give a stuff at all about winning or losing. Just look at how he carries on, before, during and after games. That is NOT a guy I would want in the trenches with me. His shoddy defense is further proof.

Latest posts