What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of origin series

Black Diamond

Juniors
I recall an interview with RCG once he joined Parra saying something along the lines of...he was really happy at Parra and that it was such a better environment there rather than the toxic environment at Penrith. He also said he didnt try during his last year at Penrith. Surely that would have pissed off the players.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
I recall an interview with RCG once he joined Parra saying something along the lines of...he was really happy at Parra and that it was such a better environment there rather than the toxic environment at Penrith. He also said he didnt try during his last year at Penrith. Surely that would have pissed off the players.
It doesn’t matter now mate. I don’t know whether he used word toxic in describing the two environments but his time was up at the Panthers for various reasons Not all his own doing.

Black Diamond

Juniors
It doesn’t matter now mate. I don’t know whether he used word toxic in describing the two environments but his time was up at the Panthers for various reasons Not all his own doing.
Yeah he did use that word, I remember watching the interview and was shocked he would say it as he had always talked about being a home grown Panther and his love of the club and the area.

I'm sure there was more to it as you say but he certainly did himself no favours with those comments.

Kilkenny

Coach
Yeah he did use that word, I remember watching the interview and was shocked he would say it as he had always talked about being a home grown Panther and his love of the club and the area.

I'm sure there was more to it as you say but he certainly did himself no favours with those comments.
My memory fades , not doubting your recollection, his exit was rather sad albeit best for all parties.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Pfft. Burton, Best or the Premier of NSW. It matters not. Tago is better than all of them. I'm glad he missed out. I'm getting quite fed up with people lining up to blame the Panthers and unless he scored a hat trick, made 20 tackle busts and 5 assists, he would just cop abuse. I know he is capable of that, but who needs the anguish? Certainly not Tago.

Yeo makes 46 tackles (no misses) and a 100 plus metres and apparently he doesn't work at SOO level. QLD would pick him every time. They would tell him to focus on running, not distribution. The faster defences in SOO means locks aren't effective at distribution without significant decoys and movement, it is too slow and the defence easily resets.

QLD understand toilers with his engine and mental fortitude are gold in SOO just ask Ruben Cotter. Who is doing his work now? Put him in the middle with Jake T and nothing is getting through the line.

I think we are going to cop a flogging, unless QLD are on the turps during their camp celebrating their series win. Slater must have licked his lips when he saw the NSW bench. Its going to be ugly.......
Yeo's (attack) was bloody terrible. He's been figured out a bit and has been passing too far before the line. It is something he seems to know about because he was taking the ball to the line deep against Melbourne.

Kilkenny

Coach
Yeo's (attack) was bloody terrible. He's been figured out a bit and has been passing too far before the line. It is something he seems to know about because he was taking the ball to the line deep against Melbourne.
I think it is a Freddie or NSW thing more than anything.

Qld just too good.

Black Diamond

Juniors

Kilkenny

Coach
Bit of both I think but we need to evolve a bit
Absolutely. Even allowing for the absence of Latrell, Nathan perhaps, we were poor and sadly I can see another embarrassing loss in game three. The side Freddie has picked IMO can’t win, unless the Maroons turn it up and that is unlikely.

Kilkenny

Coach
My apologies...perhaps my memory is fading too. He didn't say it was toxic but certainly danced around it in this interview. I knew he had alluded to it.

I’m sure others can come up with a list of Gus Gould’s failures, I tend to think the long term re-signing of RCG was one of his biggest retention blunders. The dollars and length of the contract were silly, said as much at the time. It was not good business.

Iamback

Coach

For the To'o try. He had support right on his hip, Compare that to the one out garbage in Origin

You really need current NRL assistants as Origin assistants

Things like how to use the bench, defensive structures that currently work etc.

NSW have fallen off a cliff since Fitzgibbon left
Exactly, QLD engage astute current/past coaches, NSW has Mary Mcgregor (FFS) Andrew Johns can't put two words together in normal conversation, how does he get a message accross. Sam Burgess is in there somewhere as well.
Having said that I would like to see NSW snag the win, just to wipe some arrogance of Slaters face.

Iamback

Coach
Exactly, QLD engage astute current/past coaches, NSW has Mary Mcgregor (FFS) Andrew Johns can't put two words together in normal conversation, how does he get a message accross. Sam Burgess is in there somewhere as well.
Having said that I would like to see NSW snag the win, just to wipe some arrogance of Slaters face.

Nothing better than to shut him up.

They moved Crichton to the right and brought Cody in to fix the attack.

Centres not getting any time was and still will be the issue still

MugaB

Coach
Pissed me off hearing, and confirming what i saw that season, he was turning his back into tackles like a coward, fkn asshole

Pissed me off hearing, and confirming what i saw that season on, he was turning his back into tackles like a coward, fkn asshole
James Fisher Harris and Moses Leota, at times, turns their backs into tackles, and they're not cowards. It is clear that Regean was the problem.

MugaB

Coach
James Fisher Harris and Moses Leota, at times, turns their backs into tackles, and they're not cowards. It is clear that Regean was the problem.
Nah not like the way he was doing it it was a blatent slow down, absolutely no bending the line, it started happening after he came back from origin, i think aaron woods got in his ear about the best way to plodding excellence

Latest posts