What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of origin series

betcats

Referee
Pfft. Burton, Best or the Premier of NSW. It matters not. Tago is better than all of them. I'm glad he missed out. I'm getting quite fed up with people lining up to blame the Panthers and unless he scored a hat trick, made 20 tackle busts and 5 assists, he would just cop abuse. I know he is capable of that, but who needs the anguish? Certainly not Tago.

Yeo makes 46 tackles (no misses) and a 100 plus metres and apparently he doesn't work at SOO level. QLD would pick him every time. They would tell him to focus on running, not distribution. The faster defences in SOO means locks aren't effective at distribution without significant decoys and movement, it is too slow and the defence easily resets.

QLD understand toilers with his engine and mental fortitude are gold in SOO just ask Ruben Cotter. Who is doing his work now? Put him in the middle with Jake T and nothing is getting through the line.

I think we are going to cop a flogging, unless QLD are on the turps during their camp celebrating their series win. Slater must have licked his lips when he saw the NSW bench. Its going to be ugly.......

I dont know why Freddy cant see the simple answer to the Yeo Murray question is to f**king start them both. Its not rocket science, they are both in the best middles NSW has, they can both handle the grunt work of a prop, start with both of them. QLD has two club locks playing in their starting middle and it has worked great for them. FMD freddy has lot it.

Iamback

Coach
I dont know why Freddy cant see the simple answer to the Yeo Murray question is to f**king start them both. Its not rocket science, they are both in the best middles NSW has, they can both handle the grunt work of a prop, start with both of them. QLD has two club locks playing in their starting middle and it has worked great for them. FMD freddy has lot it.

We won in 2021 with both. Game 3 last year Murray was knocked out. Who knows what happens if he stays on

Iamback

Coach
2 of the best players in the world. It's amazing that bums like us on LU know more about rugby league than greats like Freddy and Brandy

A case of working in the media getting in the way. Freddy over thinks things like selections yet has no thoughts in game plans

Goonji

Juniors
Sadly, I don't expect NSW to win this game either. Freddy's flip flopping on players (other than those injured) is unfathomable.

Pumpkin

Juniors
I saw a suggestion on tv that Sam Burgess may coach nsw. Do you think that's a good idea? My first feeling is that it could work.

No mate Sam is not the answer. McGregor would be ok. But the fact is like I said before the coach needs ex players (winners with passion) to surround the players that are picked.

Pumpkin

Juniors
We can go on about which players should or shouldn't be picked, but there just doesn't seem to be any team spirit no matter who plays. That's a coaching issue. I feel as though Sam Burgess could rectify that.

He expressed a desire to play for NSW during his career, so he wouldn't be an imposter.

Pomoz

Bench
Right now, I'm not sure it matters who we pick or who is coach. QLD have better players, especially in the forwards.

Kilkenny

Coach
Looking at the two sides on paper, I just can’t see NSW winning. The Maroons just seem to have us covered in almost all areas. They just seem to have more points in them.

Fangs

Coach
Leniu not playing.

Sad for him but great for us. He will be ready to eat Dolphin soup on Sunday.

Latest posts