What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of origin series

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Dead rubber so you know.

But I thought Cody was good, he has been the best 6 in the competition this year. Moses good too and he or Hynes are my pick in the 6 next year alongside Cleary.

Bench rotations a bit more sensible this time around.

Our Panthers boys were excellent. Definitely give To'o a rest this Sunday at the very least.
Critter had some great moments and a few poor ones

Girds89

Bench
Don't let the result fool anyone.

Qld weren't half the side they were in Game 1 or 2... Walsh was there best player... the player of the series for mine and he was out...

Yes nsw had some big players missing but I just really worry this win will secure freddie another year and that's just brain-dead.

Changes are needed for nsw and I really don't think the result Tonight means anything.

Codys 34 next year like cmon...

Teddy's done..

Fox was a passenger all series with one or two good moments Tonight...

Rcg is a plod.

Murray and yeo have to play 80 each...

Speed in the forwards is what's needed.. still can't believe Spencer didn't get a crack this year when he's been the best prop in nsw for impact

Freddie should enjoy this win and step down. His days are done...

24.. and yes I'm leaving plenty out but I just think nsw need to be brave and bold.

Edwards
Too
Tago
Latrell
Critta
hynes/luai/burton
Cleary
Tatola
Api
Jurbo
Marto
Murray
Yeo

Spencer
Haas
Kolomatangi
Drinkwater

For mine Murray and marto both offer great speed through the middle doing hard yards out of their own end but are treating on an edge in attack out wide... and they have the speed to counter qlds spread.

Yeo just gets through so much work it's incredible.

Tatola, jurbo and Spencer all over good leg speed and movement through the middle.

Haas is the offload powerhouse.

Kolomatangi the same and does his best work in shorter stints...

Drinkwater is the perfect 14 for me.. can cover 9,1,6 or 7 and wing centre at a pinch.

Tago is going to be the best centre in the game.

Latrells a beast.

Crittas is a big game player and his extra height and strength returning the ball would be handy.

Edwards is the most reliable and best defensive 1 in the comp.

Most importantly we need a coach that will just come up with a brand new game plan... don't copy an nrl team. Come up with something Billy can't watch nrl teams week to week and plan for...

Very very obvious he'd watched the Panthers all year extremely closely.

A good game plan should be enough to get it done imo.

I really do believe tago is going to be one of the best in the game at centre. Not an outright speedster but a powerhouse who is extremely elusive. I think he'd go up a gear at the next level.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Don't let the result fool anyone.

Qld weren't half the side they were in Game 1 or 2... Walsh was there best player... the player of the series for mine and he was out...

Yes nsw had some big players missing but I just really worry this win will secure freddie another year and that's just brain-dead.

Changes are needed for nsw and I really don't think the result Tonight means anything.

Codys 34 next year like cmon...

Teddy's done..

Fox was a passenger all series with one or two good moments Tonight...

Rcg is a plod.

Murray and yeo have to play 80 each...

Speed in the forwards is what's needed.. still can't believe Spencer didn't get a crack this year when he's been the best prop in nsw for impact

Freddie should enjoy this win and step down. His days are done...

24.. and yes I'm leaving plenty out but I just think nsw need to be brave and bold.

Edwards
Too
Tago
Latrell
Critta
hynes/luai/burton
Cleary
Tatola
Api
Jurbo
Marto
Murray
Yeo

Spencer
Haas
Kolomatangi
Drinkwater

For mine Murray and marto both offer great speed through the middle doing hard yards out of their own end but are treating on an edge in attack out wide... and they have the speed to counter qlds spread.

Yeo just gets through so much work it's incredible.

Tatola, jurbo and Spencer all over good leg speed and movement through the middle.

Haas is the offload powerhouse.

Kolomatangi the same and does his best work in shorter stints...

Drinkwater is the perfect 14 for me.. can cover 9,1,6 or 7 and wing centre at a pinch.

Tago is going to be the best centre in the game.

Latrells a beast.

Crittas is a big game player and his extra height and strength returning the ball would be handy.

Edwards is the most reliable and best defensive 1 in the comp.

Most importantly we need a coach that will just come up with a brand new game plan... don't copy an nrl team. Come up with something Billy can't watch nrl teams week to week and plan for...

Very very obvious he'd watched the Panthers all year extremely closely.

A good game plan should be enough to get it done imo.

I really do believe tago is going to be one of the best in the game at centre. Not an outright speedster but a powerhouse who is extremely elusive. I think he'd go up a gear at the next level.
I think Edwards is now the best fullback in the world but I also think he doesn't have the ballplaying for Origin...sucks to say that. I'd give him Fox's wing spot

Girds89

Bench
I really thought Brian too was incredible all series..

Qld knew what he'd do.. they knew how to shut him down..

Yet he beasted them every game. Even when we lost I thought he was great.

Yeah he's small and he might give away a try to a kick every now and than but can deny his effort and heart.

To make 200m plus in every game is some effort.

Girds89

Bench
If tago isn't the best centre in the comp by years end I'll be suprised.

What he's done since coming back from injury is incredible.

Maybe it sounds silly but there was a poster of a little kid in the crowd at Penrith 4 weeks or so back that said I came to watch you tago or something on those lines... kid was maybe 4 or 5...

Panthers posted the pics on their fb page.. they were from before the game..

Ever since that game his flicked a switch...

Like he'd finally realising how good he can be.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Good win by the Blues.
Don't know if it will be enough to save Freddie thou.
Luia may never see Blues jumper again, the left side were so much better with Walker.
All the Panther boys played well.
I think the Blues would have been better served with Spencer on the bench rather than having Guthbo playing 4 mins on the wing. His barnstorming runs in the last 20 mins against tiering Queensland pack would have wrapped up the game much sooner.
Anyway enough of this distraction and back to the threepeat.

Iamback

Coach
A pathetic Qld side won a meaningless game in 2021 against a gun NSW did.

The intensity obviously disappears when you're 2-0 up and any player/coach evaluations from this game should be discarded.

That and injuries take their toll come game 3. Often game 1 teams the next year look totally different

Fangs

Coach
Credit to Ivan for shadow coaching this game.

Ivan Cleary, the mastermind behind the Panthers’ back-to-back premierships, was spotted entering the NSW coach’s box in the minutes leading up to kick-off.

Speaking in the post-match press conference, Fittler was asked why the experienced coach was present.

“I just asked him if he’d come and sit in the box,” Fittler said.

“I’m impressed with him the way he handles games and I thought he might be able to help tonight.”

A journalist then asked if Cleary had an impact on proceedings as NSW secured their first win of the 2023 series with a strong performance.

Fittler confirmed Cleary gave him suggestions during the game.

“Yeah, absolutely,” Fittler said with a wry smile.

“I asked him a lot of questions... and he came up with pretty good answers.”

---

I'll say its a good thing. Not afraid to swallow his pride and seek more advice from outside his selected staff.

I understand the flip side of the argument but if Fittler is the 2024 coach he needs to grow.

Latest posts