What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of origin series

Exsilium

First Grade
Cooper Cronk had an idea to have Reynolds and Luai but swap Nicho in for Luai during the match as the game determines.

So a wasted bench spot?

Sounds like the recommendation of a former Queenslander…

Oh wait

Black Diamond

Juniors
When we were in the final stages of signing Maloney, he let slip something about our TPA's in a media interview. That meant we had to shed some more cap space and Latu was the one that had to go. If Maloney had kept his mouth shut, we (allegedly) would have been able to keep Latu.
Oh yes, I remember that, thanks for the memory jog 👍

Flashstep

Juniors
To many injuries for NSW, must win game at Suncorp it’s looking dire may as well start looking to the future.

*cough* f**k Tedesco and Turbo off *cough cough*

Kilkenny

Coach
Brooks in SOO II would be one of the great rugby league stories if NSW won.

1 in a million and all.
The Maroons have there issues, but I don’t envy Freddie there is not that much left to pick from in a do or die game.

I have no idea which way he is going to go in so many positions not just replacing Cleary. Cook for Api is a given but otherwise good luck to him he is on a hiding to nothing.

It’s really going to hurt big time if Spencer gets picked for game two. I only hope he has a big clause in his Roosters contract which upgrades him if he does. They should never have been in a position to sign Spencer, just makes a mockery of the salary cap.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
Was the same thing he did to Reed Mahoney the other week. Raised his forearms carrying the ball

He got a fine for that.

It does raise a flaw in the system though. Attackers can do almost anything and it is allowed whereas defenders are losing all their weapons to defend them

Iamback

Coach
The Maroons have there issues, but I don’t envy Freddie there is not that much left to pick from in a do or die game.

I have no idea which way he is going to go in so many positions not just replacing Cleary. Cook for Api is a given but otherwise good luck to him he is on a hiding to nothing.

It’s really going to hurt big time if Spencer gets picked for game two. I only hope he has a big clause in his Roosters contract which upgrades him if he does. They should never have been in a position to sign Spencer, just makes a mockery of the salary cap.

Freddy won't change much at all, NSW has built up combinations over a few seasons now.

A fit Cleary
Api
Murray

Are walking back into the side when fit, No reason much gets changed

Fangs

Coach
Cody Walker in doubt now.

So perhaps Luai remains in (Unless Hynes starts with Reynolds). Shame for us if true. We really need him in the team with Cleary out.

Pumpkin

Juniors
Cody Walker in doubt now.

So perhaps Luai remains in (Unless Hynes starts with Reynolds). Shame for us if true. We really need him in the team with Cleary out.
Cody Walker is a good club player, but he's not an origin player. Hynes and Reynolds for sure.

Btw did anyone see Fatty and Cameron Smith defending Tino after breaking Appi jaw? I thought that was really low and nasty. Qld will pay for that.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
NSW BLUES
1. James Tedesco (c) (Sydney Roosters)
2. Brian To’o (Penrith Panthers)
3. Latrell Mitchell (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
4. Tom Trbojevic (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
5. Josh Addo-Carr (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
6. Jarome Luai (Penrith Panthers)
7. Mitchell Moses (Parramatta Eels)
8. Junior Paulo (Parramatta Eels)
9. Damien Cook (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
10. Payne Haas (Brisbane Broncos)
11. Tyson Frizell (Newcastle Knights)
12. Hudson Young (Canberra Raiders)
13. Isaah Yeo (Penrith Panthers)

14. Stefano Utoikamanu (Wests Tigers)
15. Cameron Murray (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
16. Liam Martin (Penrith Panthers)
17. Reece Robson (North Queensland Cowboys)

18. Stephen Crichton (Penrith Panthers)
19. Keaon Koloamatangi (South Sydney Rabbitohs)

BossleyPanther

Juniors
NSW BLUES
1. James Tedesco (c) (Sydney Roosters)
2. Brian To’o (Penrith Panthers)
3. Latrell Mitchell (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
4. Tom Trbojevic (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
5. Josh Addo-Carr (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
6. Jarome Luai (Penrith Panthers)
7. Mitchell Moses (Parramatta Eels)
8. Junior Paulo (Parramatta Eels)
9. Damien Cook (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
10. Payne Haas (Brisbane Broncos)
11. Tyson Frizell (Newcastle Knights)
12. Hudson Young (Canberra Raiders)
13. Isaah Yeo (Penrith Panthers)

14. Stefano Utoikamanu (Wests Tigers)
15. Cameron Murray (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
16. Liam Martin (Penrith Panthers)
17. Reece Robson (North Queensland Cowboys)

18. Stephen Crichton (Penrith Panthers)
19. Keaon Koloamatangi (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
To not pick Adam Reynolds with his Rabbitohs/Broncos connection is a huge shock. I'm sure this is Freddys last Origin.

Sime_11

Juniors
Freddy, Brandy & Co are swayed by NSW media - not alot of faith in their original decisions

Hynes fed to the wolves here unfortunately.

if we win against the Cows - Great - but if we lose- that Critta 18th Man for NSW is gonna be so frustrating