What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of origin series

Iamback

Coach
James Hooper rated Luai a 3.5 and as the worst player on the field. Cook is a 7 apparently and JAC a 6 the same as To'o. Yeo's 48 tackles for no misses and 139m are worth 5, the same as Stefano. WTAF?

I know there are those who say that SOO improves players, but Edwards, Leota and JFH go alright without it. Do our players need the physical hammering and the vitriol? It will be an excellent outcome if no Panthers get picked in game 3.

Luai blacklisted News Limited Fox Sports are petty like that

soc123_au

Staff member
James Hooper rated Luai a 3.5 and as the worst player on the field. Cook is a 7 apparently and JAC a 6 the same as To'o. Yeo's 48 tackles for no misses and 139m are worth 5, the same as Stefano. WTAF?

I know there are those who say that SOO improves players, but Edwards, Leota and JFH go alright without it. Do our players need the physical hammering and the vitriol? It will be an excellent outcome if no Panthers get picked in game 3.
Hooper is an idiot. He confirms it every time he speaks or writes something down.

maple_69

Bench
It's odd, Luai does act like a wanker and seems to take it too far in Origin. In club games he is quite disciplined and happy playing his limited role. He certainly fulfils his role for us of driving opposition mad and pumping our guys tyres up.

I thought he looked a lot more dangerous and tried a lot more than any other member of the NSW spine last night. Some good, some bad. Ultimately, the Blues had zero structure or cohesion so no one chased kicks, supported runs or ran decoys to turn opportunities into points. Luai's early grubber into the in goal that went dead and was slammed by the commentators because the Maroons marched up the field and scored. That was actually a nice kick that arced across the in goal, but no one bothered to chase it so the result was crap.

It's odd, Luai does act like a wanker and seems to take it too far in Origin. In club games he is quite disciplined and happy playing his limited role. He certainly fulfils his role for us of driving opposition mad and pumping our guys tyres up.

I thought he looked a lot more dangerous and tried a lot more than any other member of the NSW spine last night. Some good, some bad. Ultimately, the Blues had zero structure or cohesion so no one chased kicks, supported runs or ran decoys to turn opportunities into points. Luai's early grubber into the in goal that went dead and was slammed by the commentators because the Maroons marched up the field and scored. That was actually a nice kick that arced across the in goal, but no one bothered to chase it so the result was crap.
I was so angry about that kick. Why didn’t the outside men chase hard?!?!

Gareth67

First Grade
So pussed-off with Reece Walsh , what a little mongrel . The sod tackles Luai around the neck and head butt’s him later on .

The ref did not even call Walsh up after the original ‘ choke hold ‘ , so what in the hell constituents a ‘ head high ‘ tackle these days ?

Hope you blokes bury him in the turf next occasion you meet the grub .

Rant over . 😡

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member

If Luai looked like and had the personality of lets say Jake Turbo, he wouldn't cop half as much shit and people would be saying he had a dig, one of the better players in a beaten side etc etc. People can't see past the Eshay wanker persona and just go at him. I like that he stays true to himself and owns it, not my cup of tea as far as someone I'd want to spend time with, but good on him for being comfortable in his skin.

In the first half he looked the most dangerous on field, had a crack in the 2nd too, but just couldn't get there. Not blaming Cook for a second, but a competent centre outside him he has at least 2 assists last night imo. Still the result would have been the same no matter who we had in the halves last night.

Iamback

Coach
If Luai looked like and had the personality of lets say Jake Turbo, he wouldn't cop half as much shit and people would be saying he had a dig, one of the better players in a beaten side etc etc. People can't see past the Eshay wanker persona and just go at him. I like that he stays true to himself and owns it, not my cup of tea as far as someone I'd want to spend time with, but good on him for being comfortable in his skin.

In the first half he looked the most dangerous on field, had a crack in the 2nd too, but just couldn't get there. Not blaming Cook for a second, but a competent centre outside him he has at least 2 assists last night imo. Still the result would have been the same no matter who we had in the halves last night.

Reece Walsh is the same that is the younger players now, I like it because it adds spice to games.

Recieving death threats is over the top

MrBlack

Juniors
Luai is a wanker, no doubt, but he is our wanker. I wouldnt want him any other way.

Sport is a form of entertainment and theatre. i would hate it if all the players were monotone boofheads. The game needs players like Luai and Latrell. it needs its villians as much as it needs its heros.

Iamback

Coach
Luai is a wanker, no doubt, but he is our wanker. I wouldnt want him any other way.

Sport is a form of entertainment and theatre. i would hate it if all the players were monotone boofheads. The game needs players like Luai and Latrell. it needs its villians as much as it needs its heros.

There are more. Just hard to carry on like a wanker until you win something, As that happens we will see more of it

soc123_au

Staff member
Nobody chased any kicks.

No idea what they did during Origin camp.

They sure as hell didn't have a game plan to train for.
The one where Walsh went 50, was a pretty good kick from Moses, Martin probably should have just gone in intending to tackle him in goal instead of obliterating him, but even a half decent kick chase gets us a dropout. I saw in one of the player rating things Martin getting called out on that, if he had ironed Walsh out it was a huge play and the kind of thing he is in the team for, with a bit of back up on the chase the tackle still gets made either way.

Exsilium

Coach
I think Moses played well.

If not for persisting with Turbo and shit coaching, it could have been very different.

Why wouldn't you move Cam Murray to the centres? Why wasn't Burton given a go?

Dead set. Guys a fruitcake