What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State Of Origin???

antonius

Coach
Is this game going ahead? Haven't seen anything about it re captains/squads and so on. It's due to start Sunday, has it been cancelled? I'm away for the weekend, back Sunday night. If i'm required to ref any games just pm me.

Last edited:

The Piper

Juniors
We need the game to go ahead ... its the only way New South Wales will win anything this year!!!

We can make this the nominations thread. Anyone can nominate themselves or someone else for the role of QLD or NSW captain.
Pistol and the other referees can look over the names then vote on who they see fit to captain each side. I'm sure they can do this over the weekend amongst their busy schedules. (please ;-))
Once selected, the two captains can then start their own separate threads and ask for players to join up.
The captains can then choose the 5 starting players and 3 on the bench (Correct me if I'm wrong) that will make up the side to represent their state.
The match does kick off Sunday night, 27th June

Last edited:

The Piper

Juniors
I'll even start. I'd be honoured to captain NSW if selected, but would proudly wear the blue jersey standing beside whoever is worth of skippering the team!

Last edited:

Titanic

First Grade
Deafened by the silence from the community, Titanic strolls up to the plate, shoulders arms and belts the cover off the bloody thing, right over left field... oh, wrong sport.

C'mon everybody, where's your enthusiasm?

I'm in for Queensland, if the team wants me after last years belting, I'll even wear Juicy's jersey just to be a part of it - so who's with me?

The Piper

Juniors
Deafened by the silence from the community, Titanic strolls up to the plate, shoulders arms and belts the cover off the bloody thing, right over left field... oh, wrong sport.

Thanks for coming to my aid, Titanic. Thought I was going to be playing by myself there for a bit!

Do we want to make the SOO 3v3 or keep it 5v5? I don't know how many keen people there are for this, if they're a bit burnt out at the moment. But surely there's 5 proud New South Welshmen and Banana Benders!

If they're feeling burnt out, they need whatever madunit is on; he's like the Duracell bunny!

I can post the match thread tonight.

Titanic

First Grade
images

5v5 ... oh dear, there's that number again. C'mon you guys, give me... how many? Oh yeah, FIVE!

Five is between 4 and 6 and is the third prime number. F
ive is classified as a Fermat prime. 5 is the third Sophie Germain prime, the first safe prime, the third Catalan number, and the third Mersenne prime exponent. Five is the first Wilson prime and the third factorial prime, also an alternating factorial. Five is the first good prime. It is an Eisenstein prime with no imaginary part and real part of the form 3 n − 1. It is also the only number that is part of more than one pair of twin primes. Five is a congruent number. Five is conjectured to be the only odd untouchable number and if this is the case then five will be the only odd prime number that is not the base of an aliquot tree.

But most of all it is the number of Origin series, in a row, that Queensland has given it to the southern pretenders, up to and including this year.

So if this little rant doesn't stir you lot out of your lethargy then bend over and take... you guessed it... five of the best.

Last edited:

Jesbass

First Grade

I'm in for Queensland, if the team wants me after last years belting, I'll even wear Juicy's jersey just to be a part of it - so who's with me?

Hey! Leave my citrus alone!

Titanic

First Grade
Hey JB ... how's your sleeping cycle? Getting any lately? Oops - sleep I mean :D and I think the plural of citrus is "citri".

Jesbass

First Grade

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
It will take brutal mutilation to prevent me from participating in Origin.

Or non-selection

Titanic

First Grade
C'mon one & all ... let's give it the ole fibre treatment and get this moving along