What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of the Game survey

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
A couple of seasons back the NRL ran a locked forum where they asked a range of survey type questions to fans on a raft of issues

Did they stop doing that this season?

axl rose

Bench
Where is the 'do teams have too many jerseys' question this year. Warriors could use a few more.

tumbidragon

First Grade
My fav was something along the lines of 'should we have less scrums'. How about f**k off with further turning the game into touch footy and reintroduce some skill back into the game, ala CONTESTED scrums, with your ACTUAL forward pack contesting them...
Or just be done with the RL pretense and go full top-ball!

gerg

Juniors
Good survey. Hopefully they do something about the dead time in a game. Wouldn't mind the clock being stopped whenever the ball is out of play and then a maximum 30 second shot clock to get play restarted again

Yep, this is a pet peeve of mine. Annesley trots out his 'ball in play' stat proudly but if it's really that important stop the clock. Furthermore, why can't a team take a tap, or play the ball while the clock is running? Surely if the refs aren't ready you stop the clock.

super_coach

First Grade
The NRL were never going to ask the fan base what they really think. Like with most surveys you ask questions that are safe and the answers will not embarrass you.

Okay it is not totally useless, if they get rid of golden point and get rid of the wrestle it has achieved something, but really at the end of the day it really will not matter what we say, it will come down to a few self interested people and what they want.

I would love to do a survey where I have the opportunity to tell the NRL why it smells like all the dead fish in the Murray basin but Toddy could not give a stuff, he has his bonus so the game must be in good shape

Exsilium

First Grade
As expected, the questions were aimed at obtaining a very general idea of what we, the fans, think. Issue was, the questions aren't the ones that should be asked and there in lies the problem. Do they really want to hear what we think?

Are they really obtaining important information about the 'state of the game'? No. These open ended surveys are designed to protect those who would otherwise be open to criticism about the very thing they are surveying.

It's smoke and mirrors.

Springs09

Juniors
Because,
Most people are stupid.

There's a bunch of people who think rugby league is just the NRL and the point of the NRL is to increase TV ratings. Some of the questions about proposed rule changes would be a nightmare to implement across all rugby league, unless you made NRL a completely different sport from the rest of us.

Latest posts