1. Round 6 Edition OUT NOW:

The Round 6 issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and NRL match programme for is out now!

It's time for the NRL to take concussion more seriously. A look at recent events and what rules need changing. We talk to Adam O'Brien on how Newcastle plan to respond after last week's big loss to the Titans, and there's a special tribute to retiring North Queensland half Michael Morgan. As always, the full program for the coming weekend's action across NRL, NSWRL and QRL with a wrap-up of the weekend just gone.

VOLUME 2 ISSUE 6 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Statement on behalf of Rugby League in the United States

Discussion in 'North American Rugby League' started by joshreading, Mar 22, 2011.

1. joshreading

joshreading Moderator Staff Member

2. pcpp

pcpp Juniors

Great to hear.

3. clarency

clarency Juniors

I wonder if Niu would have done the same thing had USA beaten Ireland...

4. Sam_the_man

Sam_the_man First Grade

Lets hope BOTH leagues are recognized for a combined test team and perhaps the two conference champions can meet in a superbowl type grand final.

5. roughyedspud

roughyedspud Coach

in a ideal world there would be 2 leagues (east & west conferences) in the states with play offs and super bowl-esq grand final...

you could also have a east v west origin type series

6. Evil Homer

Evil Homer Moderator Staff Member

* Pro Bowl :)

7. biggestbroncosfan

biggestbroncosfan Juniors

unfortunately i dont think the USARL and AMNRL will get along so a super bowl wouldnt work and as long as D Niu is in control of the national team we will never see the USARL players selected for the Tomahawks. The team should be sticking together so they can get used to each other for big matches it is likely the USA will still be an AMNRL select side for the Colonial Cup!!:x by the time November comes It will be Jamaica or South Africa who qualify and no it is not David Niu to be blamed it is the Star Group!:x

8. roopy

roopy Referee

They will get together and make it work because they have to either get together and make it work or piss 15 years of work by all of them down the drain.
    They probably won't be on each others christmas card list for a while, but they will work together for the common good.

9. docbrown

docbrown Coach

That seems to be where it's all headed. We might see two seperate comps that somehow overlap in the end.

It's probably good for the game overall to have that - it means there are two groups out there promoting the game.

10. RedVee

RedVee First Grade

This statement is a good start.

11. taipan

taipan Referee

About time.As the saying goes √ľnited we stand,divided we fall".

12. skrabsta

skrabsta Juniors

Good to hear.

13. Choo Choo

Choo Choo Juniors

Well, regardless of the eventual outcome, the Slayers are glad to see this happen. We have full faith in Peter regarding the negotiations.

I'm challenging the forums to get behind this effort. The betterment of the game is the final objective.

14. Evil Homer

Evil Homer Moderator Staff Member

The statement says that programmes will be open to all athletes and management while the negotiations are taking place, which suggests this will not be the cae.

15. deluded pom?

deluded pom? Coach

I'm sure the forums are right behind this Choo Choo. It's the game that matters not the egos.

16. RhinoCats

RhinoCats Juniors

I would like to hear more about the outcomes of this meeting. If there is not a resolution before the WCQ games I believe it is up to the AMNRL players to boycott the Tomahawks.

17. clarency

clarency Juniors

Am I too paranoid to question the validity of said articles and wait for an announcement for USARL?