What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stephen Kearney takes break from Four Nations to lay down law to Eels players

eels81236

Bench
I swear I read on here from someone with inside knowledge that Carl Blob had lost something like 8kg solely due to the fact that Kearney was coaching and not DA. :crazy:

Imagine the fat bastard if not for Kearney. :lol:

Freak2

Juniors
Here we go again

Criticism is rife, give me a break, what about talking up our players. The Yawnion boys do it all the time, we death ride everything that happens at the moment

Chill pills needed all round , FMD it is the November pre season after all
:clap: Totally!

Happy for people to judge fitness after the work is done not day 1 of pre season!!

What is pre season for if not to get fit.....:roll:

boxhead

First Grade
I don't think he's ever played an NYC game...

He hasn't, that's right. It was just an uncredited rumour thrown in to get local buyers and Parra fans a little twinge of excitement.

very true and its easy to take a shot at him atm

I'll be pleasantly surprised next year to see him trim down and make an impact, I've no doubt SK wont stand hm being a lazy 20 minute player

Absolutely.

And if he's still lazy and over-weight by the start of the season, by all means, criticise him.

But I think it's a bit harsh for Parramatta fans to make fun of the bloke when he's in the process of trying to trim down and get fit for his new club. Clearly he was very over-weight and unfit at the Cowboys so he has quite some work to do here. And to be brutally honest, Carl didn't look that bad to me in the photo that was posted. Sure, he could stand to lose a few more kg's. But he looked trimmer to me than when he was in North Queensland.

Definitely agree with all of that guys.

Here we go again

Criticism is rife, give me a break, what about talking up our players. The Yawnion boys do it all the time, we death ride everything that happens at the moment

Yep, definitely.

eels81236

Bench
Here we go again

Just what do you think of Robson/Mortimer again?

Captain BF

Juniors
http://www.centralwesterndaily.com....al/tough-first-day-back-for-eels/1984883.aspx
Tough first day back for Eels

BY NICK MCGRATH
01 Nov, 2010 07:16 PM
RUGBY LEAGUE
YESTERDAY was a new day for the Parramatta Eels in more ways than one.
November 1 marked the blue and golds’ first day back at training in preparation for the 2011 NRL season and for former Orange CYMS half Daniel Mortimer, getting back into the groove of things proved a bit harder than he thought it would.
But yesterday’s date also signalled the beginning of Stephen Kearney’s reign as Eels coach.
Mortimer said the NRL squad had a short meeting with the club’s new mentor yesterday morning, and Kearney’s attitude had already become infectious.
“He was only here for a little while and then he had to jet back to camp with New Zealand in Melbourne,” Mortimer said.
“He basically came in and laid down the law. He said if everyone wants it as much as he does then the club would be successful.”
Mortimer said a number of new faces were at the club’s first session.
“A lot of the younger boys are training with us and guys like Casey Maguire and Carl Webb, the experienced guys, were all there,” he said.
“It was good to get back into things, catch up with everyone, and then get stuck into training.”
And that’s where the enjoyment ended.
Eels conditioner Hayden Knowles put the squad through their paces, running them to a stand still around Parramatta Park.
“We did two laps around the park and I think one lap is 10 kilometres,” Mortimer said.
“We did a lot of running. It was a big shock to a few of the boys including me.”
Kearney, the New Zealand national coach for the past three years, takes over from Daniel Anderson as the Eels head coach in 2011.
What plans Kearney has for Mortimer are unknown.
It’s widely tipped that former Manly premiership winning halfback Matt Orford will sign on with the club after receiving a release from his contract with Bradford in the English Super League.
Mortimer could partner Orford in the halves but the 21-year-old said nothing was set in stone at this early stage.
“Not at all. It’s only the first day. There are a lot of new players and guys that can play in a few positions. I don’t think anything will be decided until next year,” he said.
Regardless of all that, Mortimer is just keen to get back out on the field.
Last season was a forgettable one for Mortimer and he believes 2011 will be a big one for himself, and the club.
“I’m definitely excited for this year (2011) to begin,” he said.
“I really want to get out there and prove myself and really take my skills to the next level.” The Eels will head to the New England region today as part of the club’s Blue and Gold Deadly Heart program.
Re: the highlighted bit.... Has anyone else heard as to whether or not Orford has actually been granted a release from Bradford?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Or maybe YOU'RE just a pessimistic f@ckwit

I'm the one saying how well I think Carl Webb will go next year. That's optimism.

Likewise, pessimism pertains to anticipation of the future. My criticising the club as a less-than-ideal place for a new coach to come has nothing to do with the future. And for what it's worth, I support the board's decision to sack Anderson and I think Kearney is a great buy.

I reckon Kearney, Webb and the rest of the club wil kick arse next year.

That's optimism you f**king genius.

Last edited: