What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stephen Kearney waits on rubber stamp for Eels job [AND THURSTON!]

it's just the Storm kicking sand in the NRL's and Parra's faces really.
Storm leak this on the night before the Grand Final to annoy the NRL after they thought they were badly treated and the hatred between the Storm and Eels continues even with Fitzy out of the way.

CrazyEel

Bench
Storm leak this on the night before the Grand Final to annoy the NRL after they thought they were badly treated and the hatred between the Storm and Eels continues even with Fitzy out of the way.
I reckon that's pretty right.

strider

Post Whore
i dunno - i think thats over estimating how much the NRL and any other team care about our coaching situation .... i don't think anyone gives a sh*t tbh

but yeah i think the storm probably love to anounce it before us to rub it in our faces a bit

born an eel

Bench
i dunno - i think thats over estimating how much the NRL and any other team care about our coaching situation .... i don't think anyone gives a sh*t tbh

but yeah i think the storm probably love to anounce it before us to rub it in our faces a bit
if they rated Kearney so highly, how is it rubbing our faces in it to say he has resigned from us to join you. It is only rubbing their noses it it if we are offloading someone like finch and announce it "suck sh*t his yours now"

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

How can they hate us after f**king us over the last 3 years we've made the finals? They also beat us fair-and-square in the finals in '99.

hybrideel

Bench
after seeing the kiwi squad names for the tests, what are the odds of Thomas Leuluai being the half that Kearney is looking at bringing in. I recall he was linked to us a couple of years ago. He is however contracted to Wigan until 2012

mrpwnd

Bench
after seeing the kiwi squad names for the tests, what are the odds of Thomas Leuluai being the half that Kearney is looking at bringing in. I recall he was linked to us a couple of years ago. He is however contracted to Wigan until 2012
I'll be screaming for him to bring Leuluai into our squad if he plays well in the tests, as far as i'm concerned alot of players tend to get an early release from their respective SL clubs, maybe with the temptation of a decent contract+Polynesian coach+first grade footy in the NRL, he could come.

Kornstar

Coach
Leuluai is awful, he was playing hooker when they won the WC, he is an awful halfback, would rather Robson!

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
http://tvnz.co.nz/rugby-league-news/kearney-coy-eels-appointment-3819343

Kearney coy about Eels appointment

Published: 5:48PM Tuesday October 05, 2010

Stephen Kearney has already adopted a trait associated with the National Rugby League (NRL) club he seems destined to coach - he was as slippery as an eel today when queried on his imminent move to Parramatta.

In Auckland for the announcement of Kiwis 23-man squad for the Four Nations tournament, Kearney refused to discuss his other head coaching assignment.

Anointed as Daniel Anderson's successor at the Eels even before the former Kiwis and New Zealand Warriors coach was sacked on September 26, Kearney was uncomfortable when his move from the Melbourne Storm to Sydney was raised.

"Today is about the Kiwi side and I'm sure that in due time that'll, you may hear something," he said, adding cryptically: "I think what will happen, will happen".

"It will transpire in the next few days I guess. At this stage my focus is purely on making sure we prepare well for the Kiwis campaign."

Kearney returned to Australia today, an indication his future may be clarified before he returns to Auckland on Saturday, when the Kiwis begin their preparations.

Kearney's transition to a head coaching role after spending four seasons as Craig Bellamy's assistant at the Storm has been inevitable since Melbourne confirmed he was leaving the organisation last weekend.
Advertisement

Asked if the Parramatta deal was a distraction he replied: "Yes and no. Again it's how you deal with it I guess."

Meanwhile, former Queensland utility Casey McGuire is reportedly returning to Parramatta next season and the Eels are hopeful of securing the services of Bradford-based former Manly playmaker Matt Orford or Penrith's Italian rugby convert Craig Gower to play halfback.

Parramatta officials are also expected to extend the contract of former dual international Timana Tahu, the only Eels player to be publicly critical of Anderson.

After missing out on Melbourne halfback Cooper Cronk and Wallabies playmaker Quade Cooper, the Eels remain cashed up but it is believed their preference is to sign either Orford or Gower for just one season. Ideally they would then lure Cronk or Cooper to play under Kearney in 2012.

boxhead

First Grade

Good article, Kearney presents himself very well when asked about the stuff; what he said, I don't think the great man could have said better himself. Seems like a calm coach, and I have heard his man-management skills are incredible; something the board believed we lacked with Anderson.

Good on the guy, he knows how to handle the media well, as Anderson did too.
It's also good that he said we would know within the next few days....

Noise

Coach
WTF are u on about?:?

haha he posted a nice discussion the other day on tall men with big faces commanding respect - was a good read and pretty funny. Neway apparently kearneys head is massive hence he will command respect haha

Latest posts