What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stephen Kearney waits on rubber stamp for Eels job [AND THURSTON!]

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Dream on about kearney. If he dont make the semi's i expect the same treatment DA got

I think Anderson got the arse because his team played worse in his second year.

It was the performance trend that made him look bad - they finished 8th the first year and 12th the second.

A similar thing happened to Ricky Stuart. In his first season the Chooks finished:

'02: 4th (Premiers)
'03: 2nd (Grand finalists)
'04: 1st (Grand finalists)
'05: 9th
'06: 14th

Stuart won a premiership but that doesn't make him a Roosters legend with a mortgage on the coaching job (except in the eyes of the club's tragics). While I'm sure most people on here would consider Anderson a god if we'd won the grand final last year, the board would still be disappointed if it was followed by disharmony and a performance decline.

Clubs need consistency from year to year, not a premiership followed by frustration and decline.

Parramatta were much worse this year than last year, when the league world (including us) expected an improvement.

lingard

Coach
I lost all respect for the Fitzy Club administration way back in 1988 when they damn near sent us broke but I was no quitter and sucked it up even if I didn't like what was going on.

Your just using this sh*t as a cover to do what you wanted to do anyway.

Last edited:

lingard

Coach
I'm just stirring most of the time. I guess we sort of knew Kearney was the coach already. Just funny that the announcement came from Bert. But hey nothing surprises me with the communication of info from the eels anymore.

You`re a real stirrer, Maroubra Eel. I think you`ve got issues.

Stagger eel

Staff member
7 news said the Storm announced he would coach Parramatta

bit embarrassing it came from them first

well that would be possible if he had to tell his employer before Parra announced his signing, I mean honestly, if we announced before he resigned than we'd be the pricks of the earth...

damned if you do damned if you don't..

Suitman

Post Whore
In my opinion it was just announced on 2GB that Kearney has quit as assistant coach of the Storm

7 news said the Storm announced he would coach Parramatta

bit embarrassing it came from them first

Maybe the club are trying to call me but will send me an email instead.

Nine news said we had announced it.

We knew it was going to happen.
Brett Kenny told my mate yesterday. :lol:

Suity

fish eel

Immortal
AAP said Osssie would not confirm it

In the end, does it really, really matter who says it first?

It's easy for Melbourne to say it as they obviously have to grant Kearney a release.

Not much we can do if they want to announce they're releasing Kearney and why.

But hey, people like to whinge about every little thing

strider

Post Whore
you'd think melbourne would have been considerate enough to keep their traps shut and just let kearney make his new job announcement .... its generally the way things are done

yes no massive problem or anything, but must people enjoy the "new job" announcements to the "i'm leaving" announcements

Latest posts