What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Clarke - incompetant & gutless

strider

Post Whore
I know there's lots of threads - but this is really sh*tting me .... when i saw the replay of his bullsh*t towards Morro I was appaulled.

As our captain, Morrison is entitled to have "a say" to the referee. When wade got injured, all morro was doing was trying to bite his tongue and reason with Clarke - but hell no, Clarke wanted nothing of it and just kept shutting him up every word morro spoke ... that is f**kin appauling!!!

If a referee wants respect from players then he damn well better show a little respect back ... I know he should get some automatic respect purely because he's the ref, but he's still gotta have a frickin clue.

So - why was he like he was with Morro?

BECASUE HE KNEW HE'D MADE A GROSS MISTAKE, YET WAS SO GUTLESS AND IMCOMPETANT THAT HE DIDN'T WANT TO ADMIT IT INFRONT OF THE CROWD AND ON TV.

He got the call from the video ref that it was "serious" .... yet was anything done? .... no!!! .... because he was too f**king scared that he'd be seen to have made a mistake infront of everyone.

Fine he hastily gave the try - it was given, too late to change anything ... but in the end Morro was just asking to get the video ref opinion so we could get a free interchange ..... the video ref gives his verdict of "serious" ..... yet scared Clarkey didn't do a damn thing because he didn't want to look like he made a mistake.

The guy will probably cop a suspension from it - I don't think it had any great intent - but you simply can't lead with your frickin forearm at opponent's heads.

Clarke is an arrogant arsehole .... if the NRL don't give him a firm arse kicking over it then they are f**ked too.

Eelementary

Post Whore
What happened to Wade? How did he get hurt?

From what I know, he didn't have the ball...How could it have been illegal?

But I completely agree. Morrison did everything by the book and that moron just wouldn't hear him out.

scottyeel

Bench
Eelementary said:
What happened to Wade? How did he get hurt?

From what I know, he didn't have the ball...How could it have been illegal?

But I completely agree. Morrison did everything by the book and that moron just wouldn't hear him out.
Wade was hit in the mouth by a raised elbow while trying to make a tackle.
So - why was he like he was with Morro?
Because morro had a blue and gold jersey on. Clarke hates us.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Clarke's complete and utter bias can be seen a little after that... Morrison taps the ball about half a metre backwards. Clarke is directly in line and only 2 metres away looking directly at it and called it forward.

Not only that, he will take the word of his touchie 30 metres away about a "strip" but will not listen to the video ref with a bird's eye view.

And on the subject of ball stripping, I don't know how he managed to get almost every single call wrong... oh wait, every single call went in Penrith's favour. Seems that accuracy has nothing to do with it.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
strider said:
Clarke is an arrogant arsehole .... if the NRL don't give him a firm arse kicking over it then they are f**ked too.

so you don't like him, huh

barney gumble

Juniors
It is true that when a team is struggling then most of the refs 'each way' calls will go against them.
Clarke had an absoloute shocker.
Yeah the Wade hit was bad along with some of the alleged strip penalties. But that Priddis pass when he was clearly held that led to thier try really annoyed me. If the Eels defenders had've thrown him to the ground at that point they would no doubt have been penalised.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
barney gumble said:
It is true that when a team is struggling then most of the refs 'each way' calls will go against them.
Clarke had an absoloute shocker.
Yeah the Wade hit was bad along with some of the alleged strip penalties. But that Priddis pass when he was clearly held that led to thier try really annoyed me. If the Eels defenders had've thrown him to the ground at that point they would no doubt have been penalised.

thanks barney... another one i forgot... managed to call both "held" incidents against Parra (ie. that try and then the push back in goal). complete lack of consistency... no wait, he was consistent in calling it against Parra.

Sterling

Juniors
i just knew we couldnt win with that co*ksucker as the ref...... hes too far up himself ..... and he fu*in hates parra !

wouldnt you just love to see him in a dark alley by himself

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Fox Sports News has a snippet from the post match interview. I think Morro and JT handled themselves with dignity in the face of a megalomaniac ref and NRL.

Morro said that Clark's "excuse" was that he thought it was a head clash. Morro went on to say that he was there and there was definitely no head clash (looking at the replay, Morro was less than a metre away with a clear view).

JT didn't say much but made it clear that he wasn't happy with the situation when the captain isn't allowed to speak to the ref.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
I just watched the replay of the game - and Rabs sed that Cross, or Ross or wuteva led with his elbow in the 6th minute!!!, it just shows that he has a habit of doing that and that his try should have definately not been a try.

Redback71

First Grade
Fine he hastily gave the try - it was given, too late to change anything ... but in the end Morro was just asking to get the video ref opinion so we could get a free interchange ..... the video ref gives his verdict of "serious" ..... yet scared Clarkey didn't do a damn thing because he didn't want to look like he made a mistake.

wasnt there a try earlier this season that was given then taken back by the video refs advice.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
steve clark what else can you can say about him i think u all summed it up pretty well i have nothing else to add oh thats right heres a scary thought hes on standby for the origin match apparentlly hes the second best referee in the comp wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
hehehe i thought the title of this thread was "impotent" and i was like WHOA