What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Clarke - incompetant & gutless

Bazal

Post Whore
JessEel said:
hehehe i thought the title of this thread was "impotent" and i was like WHOA

:lol:

Well, that could explain why he's such an angry man :shock:

blackfriday

Juniors
amen to all that.

we are having a rough trot and seems like the whole world is against us - but last night it was so blatantly obviously clarke is too wrapped up in his own status to hear someone else's point of view.

mickdo

Coach
My PVR locked up just before the end of the first half, so I didn't get to see the McKinnon 'elbow'. Can someone describe it in a bit more detail for me? Was it a one on one tackle?

strider

Post Whore
mickdo said:
My PVR locked up just before the end of the first half, so I didn't get to see the McKinnon 'elbow'. Can someone describe it in a bit more detail for me? Was it a one on one tackle?

i don't believe there was any malice/intent in it ... but the guy (cross - prop) did it several times in the game, only on the other occassions he got people in hte chest or neck - so it seems he has a tendancy to go into tackles with his arm cocked

with the wade incicent he made a strong run right on our goal line and half got through the defensive line - one of our forwards went in around his mid section (from cross' right side) and wade came in from the back and eventually another parra forward came from the leftside after wade was hit - the guy's left arm was cocked and it was more his forearm just below the elbow that hit wade - wade was pretty much upright, not bent much, cross is tall, his elbow was up around wade's head height from the start ... wade never played any real part in the tackle after contact - he pulled away immediately holding his face ... cross then continued across the line taking the guys trying to tackle him with him .... interestingly enough, had wade not copped a forearm in the face he probably would have been able to prevent the try, being the only person actually tackling from the front (but we can't say that for sure) .... wade never went to ground, he quickly walked off to the sideline holding his face obviously in alot of pain

arse clown clarke ignored morrison's IMMEDIATE pleas that we had a guy taken out ... morrison was coming from cross' left, never really got to the tackle but was right next to it when the contact happened and was pointing it out immediately .... but arrogant prick clarke just awarded the try and then proceeded to treat morrison like a 4yr old and never listen to him, cut off every sentence he tried to say and told him to shut up and go away

paulb88

Juniors
I just watched the replay then. Steve Clark is a bloody merkin who doesn't even deserve to referee an under 12's game.

FFS, how can he just show so little respect or tolerance for our fricken CAPTAIN. Especially when it was justified that he should have looked at the video ref

Hope you spend some time in Premier League and never come back Clark

Freak2

Juniors
For anyone watching the replay this week. (Which I have not) I have a sneaking suspision that Tony P. drops the ball in the tackle before the try to Wesser in the first half. Did anyone else see this??

If so I think you can count us unlucky on 3 Penrith trys directly plus some poor decisions on stripping penalties.

Bigfella

Coach
Absolutely Freak. Saw that at the time. Pretty sure the Penrith player (I thought it was Frank Pritchard but could have been Pulatua) juggled the ball, which landed on PJ before he regathered. I was positive it was a knock on but haven't seen the replay.

Barney_Gumble

Juniors
Steve Clarke is this generations Bill Harrigan.

Funny how the Broncos and Queensland always seem to win when old Hollywood Harrigan was reffing?

True EEL

Bench
Steve Clark was once a "decent" referee

now he is terrible and grossly out of touch, evidenced by the fact that he is reguarly dropped from first grade, he is even unfit a lot of times

he clearly has a prejudice against Parramatta and it shows....often

basically, the man is a wanker!!!!

Freak2

Juniors
I think it is a bit harsh to call Clarke a cheat. Not competant a different story. He is having a very poor season and in my opinion is a much better referee than his performances this year. Maybe he has been out on the piss with Timmy & The Riddler!!

Would like to see our stats under Clarke though.......

Would also like to see how many outsiders win with Clarke as ref.

strider

Post Whore
Just on refereeing .... but not Clarke ... but something that is still pissing me off ...

Did anyone see the Newcastle try against Canberra from Sat night where Kidley throws this pass which clearly (from the markings on the field) travels pretty much 5m forward to Carney who's in in the corner .... quite possibly the most blantant forward pass in recent times .... touch judge in perfect position to rule it.

Now remember back a few weeks against the Cowboys and Timmy is pulled up for 2 "marginal" forward passes which were VERY costly calls in the scheme of the game.

Dead f**king set - I feel like we get nit-picked by referees - yet other sh*t is just blatantly missed .... it pisses me off!!!

Freak2

Juniors
Spot on Strider!

Unfortunately the game can so easily be determined by refereeing decisions and at the moment we are certainly copping the critical ones against us.

Let's hope it's swings and roundabouts and we start getting those crucial decisions.

Usually good teams make their own luck, so let's get our form right and let luck worry about itself.

James_Hardie

Juniors
Freak2 said:
Would like to see our stats under Clarke though.......

Would also like to see how many outsiders win with Clarke as ref.

Saw it posted somewhere by somebody that we are 2 wins from our last 11 matches with Clarke.

Same poster also said that in his last 34 games, the home side has won the penalty count on 30 occaisions. If true, that is ridiculous!

Kornstar

Coach
strider said:
Just on refereeing .... but not Clarke ... but something that is still pissing me off ...

Did anyone see the Newcastle try against Canberra from Sat night where Kidley throws this pass which clearly (from the markings on the field) travels pretty much 5m forward to Carney who's in in the corner .... quite possibly the most blantant forward pass in recent times .... touch judge in perfect position to rule it.

Now remember back a few weeks against the Cowboys and Timmy is pulled up for 2 "marginal" forward passes which were VERY costly calls in the scheme of the game.

Dead f**king set - I feel like we get nit-picked by referees - yet other sh*t is just blatantly missed .... it pisses me off!!!

this has been my arguement for a long time, we have been pulled up for most marginal passes, Newcastle have thrown countless over the last few weeks and gotten away with them. There was one that won them the Brisbane game 3 weeks ago, it was as blatant as Saturdays forward pass against Canberra. Refs only see what they want to see!!