What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Folkes you are a whinging little child...

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
why should he care?

i will be watching the game but i still couldn't care less who won

i think the storm will win as they deserve it but im not gonna kick up a stink if they don't because this grand final is boring to me

but that's my opinion

pantherz9103

First Grade
marshall stalin said:
old folkes is right for once - i don't care either and have zero interest in the game and will not be watching it.

I will watch every now and again the jersey flegg and all of the premier league but that will be it.

Get rid of gallop and the masquerade that is the NRL.

These clowns are ruining the game with their "manufacturing"

You're a laugh mate, deadset. I didn't think there were still people like you in 2006:crazy:

Misanthrope

Staff member
Why is there a thread dedicated to it like it's something new. Stephen Folkes has always been a collosal douche when it comes to anything outside of the Bulldogs. His views on the tri-nations and international rugby league in general convinced me of it, and this is just further proof in an already closed case.

Ice777

Bench
marshall stalin said:
old folkes is right for once - i don't care either and have zero interest in the game and will not be watching it.

The difference being, many people want to hear what Steve Folkes has to say and get his insight and thoughts on the game. You on the other hand, well nobody really gives a toss what you think ;-)

mepelthwack

Juniors
I haven't read the rest but I'd blame Folkes more than any other individual for the demise of Rugby League 7's with his selfish, self centred attitudes.

panthersballboy

Juniors
Poor form from Folkes. If he didn't want to say one team or the other he could have just said "Too close to call", or something like that. He does come off as a spoil sport.

dubby

Bench
Its ok to be honest, but I think his "honesty" is more a case of honesty expressed thru emotion.

It does reek a bit of petulance tho.

Generalzod

Immortal
tbone10 said:
Don't know if there was anyone who saw him on NRL on FOX but when asked who will win the GF he cries "I don't care, i have absolutely no interest in the game..." You whinging little child.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

The truth hurts some people...

SOULS 04

Juniors
its not being honest at all as people are saying... The question wasnt do you care who wins the grand final? it was who do you think will win the grand final?

even if he has had no thought of it up to that point he's still in a good position to say who he thinks will and why becaus he has played both teams and im assuming analysed both sides as well.

He did an interview how hard is it to answer a simple question.

The Preacher

First Grade
I dont know why they'd bother interviewing Steve anyway. It's a well known fact that he dislikes media attention, it's not some startling new revelation.
Being interviewed by "The Close Talker" is enough to put up with alone, without getting A Grand Final teams' supporters offside as well. And wouldn't they pay out in spades the next time the side met The Dogs.:shock:

innsaneink

Referee
Kiwi said:
So it's wrong that people actually give a sh*t what a player or coach says and thinks about the game or an important game? I guess they do all these interviews with them for no reason what so ever, not because it's what people want, they do it just for the hell of it, I mean clearly no one watches, listens or cares as you say.

Did I say its wrong?
Too much emphasis is placed on what they say not what they do, thats what we should be focussing on, but when someone gives an answer no one likes, its New idea time folks....really, this thread is worse than the gossip I imagine you'd hear among women in a beauty parlour of haiordressers.

"Oooooh did you hear steve folkes what a bitch he was asked who he thought would win and he said I dont care who wins" Oooowaahhhh...:shock:

Anyone would think this is a netball forum...the amount of tampon strings gettin in a twist here.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Whats the big deal?

He has no interest in the game, so he's opinion on who he thinks will win doesnt count for much since he doesnt care.

so he has no opinion

Ziggy the God

First Grade
It wouldn't have busted his @rse to pick one of the teams. :roll:

FFS, he is the Coach of a First Grade RL side, so he should know what the media is all about.

I couldn't give a rat's if he doesn't care, at least give a view so that we can get a consensus of who they think will win.

innsaneink

Referee
Ziggy the God said:
It wouldn't have busted his @rse to pick one of the teams. :roll:

FFS, he is the Coach of a First Grade RL side, so he should know what the media is all about.

I couldn't give a rat's if he doesn't care, at least give a view so that we can get a consensus of who they think will win.

LOL, you want a consensus on who they they all think will win, yet you dont mind if he lies and gives an insincere opinion to get that consensus?

He gave a view. His honest view, what more do you want?

He obviously was only concerned abouthis team winning it.

:lol: Funniest thing Ive read in some time

Raoul Duke

Juniors
innsaneink said:
LOL, you want a consensus on who they they all think will win, yet you dont mind if he lies and gives an insincere opinion to get that consensus?

yeh that's why he is such a f**ktard and a bad representative of the game like the rest of the filthscum team!

Game_Breaker

Coach
Raoul Duke said:
yeh that's why he is such a f**ktard and a bad representative of the game like the rest of the filthscum team!

Why, because he didn't lie?

Folkes is similar to Bennett to the way he talks to the media

Raoul Duke

Juniors
Game_Breaker said:
Why, because he didn't lie?

Folkes is similar to Bennett to the way he talks to the media

biggest crock of sh*t i ever heard. bennet sh*ts all over folkes

Ziggy the God

First Grade
innsaneink said:

I am not putting the boot in here, I just believe that he has the sh*ts.

There is a difference between not giving a damn, and not having a view. Of course he has a view on who will win, he just couldn't give a toss.

After all, he will be watching like the rest of us, because it is his job to do so.