What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Matai - give yourself an uppercut!

Everyone here who thinks Matai is a good defender, in the words of Anthony Watmough "Should get a brain scan". He puts on some good shots, 1 every 2 or 3 games and people think he's great cause of it. The number of times he leaves his winger stranded or pushes out of the line and leaves his inside man under pressure is amazing.

^_^

Juniors
You idiot go ask Fulton if he is a sh*t defender hahaha one on one with Matai 2m from tryline .....i suggest you worry about your own defence did you see how much space stewart had when he scored with 12 men? bahahahahaha get over it you lost and Farah didnt gain any respect for his actions thats the end of it. Matai will always be hated, boo hoo your team evidently were sh*tter at defence considering the amount of tries Manly scored :)

eagles4eva

First Grade
Some people actually think Matai is a good defender on here? Please... he's one of the worst going around today in the centres.

Secondly, since when was LU a cradle for Wests Tigers doctors/impact and injury analysts? Last time I checked none of you worked for the Tigers and none of you know the extent of his injury. Some of you spastics should look at the Titans game when Farah got hit high by Bailey across the nose, which started bleeding, but instead of staying down and getting a penalty and possible 2 points in a tight game, he got up and played the ball. Of course none of you heroes noticed that did ya? |

It's quite clear Farah got hit high, albeit not a most powerful blow, but that along with the way he hit the ground was definitely enough to cause a concussion. I'm sure no one will bother replying to this though, because everyone having a go at Farah will be too busy either in the practice treating their patients or out at a restaurant enjoying a nice dinner.

Are you serious??? one of the worst in the NRL, you don't watch much RL do you?

He is certainly guilty of rushing out of the defensive line, he is guilty of leading high, hence his history with suspensions..

One on one he is hard and effective, his defensive & attacking game has improved greatly over the last few years.. he has become as match winner for Manly...

The issue of Mataies defense and rushing out of the line is just an attempted diversion from the topic of Farars dive.

It may have been a factor in the past but these days Des' coaching Matai has all but eliminated it from his game. Matai is no liability in defense, he is a tough uncompromising assett.

But in the spirit of competitive rivalry, all of us here on LU believe that Farah and all you whinging Tigers fans deserve a hearty congratulatory slap on the back.

hutch

First Grade
the whole matai grubbiness and farah diving debate (which he didnt) aside, at the end of the day, the matai tackle was still a penalty in any game of rugby league on earth.

Are you serious??? one of the worst in the NRL, you don't watch much RL do you?

He is certainly guilty of rushing out of the defensive line, he is guilty of leading high, hence his history with suspensions..

One on one he is hard and effective, his defensive & attacking game has improved greatly over the last few years.. he has become as match winner for Manly...

In attack, I have no doubts over Matai's talent. His defence is, without miss very poor.

shiznit

Coach
i cant believe some of the clowns in this forum...

every f**ken thread is about cat this or sook that.

No player who goes out there and puts there body on the line in the NRL can be accused of being a cat.

i find it hilarious that we have people on here questioning the heart and courage of certain footballers yet they themselves are unwilling to put there own credentials on the line for public scrutiny.

nz eagle

Juniors
I thought the slap on the back was the best thing I have seen in the NRL in years. Made me proud to be an eagles supporter.

Good one Steve, that was awesome.

manly40gimps0

Juniors
Hey tigers fans. Is Robbie "Mitcham" Farah playing this week? After last weeks severe heartilage tear I thought the sook might not backup.

Latest posts