What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Matai - give yourself an uppercut!

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
It was a rare stand up and applaud moment imo. For someone to so openly call out a diver was awesome.

Thank f*ck there are Kiwis in the comp otherwise it would be a raging queerfest imo

boonboon

Juniors
Matai is scum and yesterday just proved it wheather the hit should have given him mild concussion or not isnt the point it obviously did he looked groggy for ages and was throwing up at halftime and why would he still be getting treatment after the penalty had been given and again at halftime 10 minutes later and dropped a couple of balls and struggled for the rest of the match you could see in farahs eyes he was out of it for the rest of the arvo - why would you fake it for 60 minutes. Matai's was a dog effort and shows the scum he is once again. You don't smack a bloke on the back like that with that intent when he is concussed -= What since when is Steve Matai a Dr f**king deadsh*t more like it. And since when are any of you magicians I mean obviously concusiion and brain injuries are so easy to diagnose frrom your couch arent they

STG-Dragon

Juniors
If it's not enough that this cat goes down in every game clutching at his head, he goes and slaps Farah on the back in a malice manner yesterday earning him 10 in the bin, AFTER he tackles Robbie around the chops. I don't think it's any secret around here that I'm not Farah's biggest fan, but that dog act yesterday by Matai just about does it for me. Get him out of here. We don't need players like that in our game.

*Waits for the Manly fans to jump to his defense!*

Give yourself an uppercut for starting such a stupid thread!

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
Matai is scum and yesterday just proved it wheather the hit should have given him mild concussion or not isnt the point it obviously did he looked groggy for ages and was throwing up at halftime and why would he still be getting treatment after the penalty had been given and again at halftime 10 minutes later and dropped a couple of balls and struggled for the rest of the match you could see in farahs eyes he was out of it for the rest of the arvo - why would you fake it for 60 minutes. Matai's was a dog effort and shows the scum he is once again. You don't smack a bloke on the back like that with that intent when he is concussed -= What since when is Steve Matai a Dr f**king deadsh*t more like it. And since when are any of you magicians I mean obviously concusiion and brain injuries are so easy to diagnose frrom your couch arent they
Farrah didn't look to bad, was involved in a try only minutes after the apparent concussion. Chanel 9 apparetly have vision that shows Matai missed his head and got him in the shoulder. I haven't seen it yet, but thats a little different to what you are suggesting.
Matai plays the game hard, and is a grub at times, but the pat on the back would hardly have sqaushed a fly, let alone could it have had intent as you are suggesting.
Laughable love tap that made for comical TV

Merdy33

Juniors
Can't believe the couple of posters who claim Matai backed away from Heighington. He started to walk away from Farrah after the slap, and when he realised Heighington was coming for him, he immediately turned and walked straight up to take a serve of whatever Heighington intended to dish out (which was a severe blustering).

No problem with him being sent to the bin, because the match would have surely errupted in the next couple of plays had he stayed there.

And of course Farrah and the Tigers staff would claim he was affected by the contact for the remainder of the match. What do people expect him to say - "Yeah, I took a dive".

Farrah didn't look to bad, was involved in a try only minutes after the apparent concussion. Chanel 9 apparetly have vision that shows Matai missed his head and got him in the shoulder. I haven't seen it yet, but thats a little different to what you are suggesting.
Matai plays the game hard, and is a grub at times, but the pat on the back would hardly have sqaushed a fly, let alone could it have had intent as you are suggesting.
Laughable love tap that made for comical TV

not much anyone can do about it now,lets move on
its not like farah does it every week

Pierced Soul

First Grade
great to see Matai give it to Farah, we should be getting rid of this diving sh*t out of the game not rewarding it with penalties. someone should also go have a word with scott porter as well.

sooperdooper

First Grade
they're on a footy field ffs, if they're not ready to get hit when they're carrying the ball then maybe they should think about taking up a different sport.

and the bashing you refer to is in fact a good reflection on his character - when approached by idiots who wanted a blue he was clever enough to not retaliate, as he knew how sucha story would reflect on his club and the game. i shouldn't expect a halfwit like yourself to be able to tell the difference between doing the right the thing and 'getting bashed'.

Your right they need to expect to get hit, however as i stated. Matai's so called 'tough guy' image comes off hits on smaller players.. usually 'cheap shots'

in regards to him getting bashed, maybe that is karma. We all know that know one felt sorry or beleived the crap that came out of his mouth regarding that.

sooperdooper

First Grade
Being an Eels fan i'm sure you would remember that epic hit (seen in most youtube tackle highlights) he put on Eric Grothe Jr a few years back.... Head on too :D.

Running away from Heighnington? Please he was walking back to the defensive line, saw Heighnington acting like a hero, turned around and was all up in his face. Not to mention still trying to fight him after being sin binned.

you mean the high hit on grothe?

He back ran backwards from heighington...

Some people actually think Matai is a good defender on here? Please... he's one of the worst going around today in the centres.

Secondly, since when was LU a cradle for Wests Tigers doctors/impact and injury analysts? Last time I checked none of you worked for the Tigers and none of you know the extent of his injury. Some of you spastics should look at the Titans game when Farah got hit high by Bailey across the nose, which started bleeding, but instead of staying down and getting a penalty and possible 2 points in a tight game, he got up and played the ball. Of course none of you heroes noticed that did ya? |

It's quite clear Farah got hit high, albeit not a most powerful blow, but that along with the way he hit the ground was definitely enough to cause a concussion. I'm sure no one will bother replying to this though, because everyone having a go at Farah will be too busy either in the practice treating their patients or out at a restaurant enjoying a nice dinner.

I'm sure no one will bother replying to this though, because everyone having a go at Farah will be too busy either in the practice treating their patients or out at a restaurant enjoying a nice dinner.

Not enough time to treat patients or dine out. We are all way to busy replaying tapes filled with Tigers players especially Farar...faking, milking, acting, diving their way towards more cat inspired penalties.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Your right they need to expect to get hit, however as i stated. Matai's so called 'tough guy' image comes off hits on smaller players.. usually 'cheap shots'

in regards to him getting bashed, maybe that is karma. We all know that know one felt sorry or beleived the crap that came out of his mouth regarding that.

He regularly drops props and 2nd rowers. You have no idea.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Some people actually think Matai is a good defender on here? Please... he's one of the worst going around today in the centres.

Secondly, since when was LU a cradle for Wests Tigers doctors/impact and injury analysts? Last time I checked none of you worked for the Tigers and none of you know the extent of his injury. Some of you spastics should look at the Titans game when Farah got hit high by Bailey across the nose, which started bleeding, but instead of staying down and getting a penalty and possible 2 points in a tight game, he got up and played the ball. Of course none of you heroes noticed that did ya? |

It's quite clear Farah got hit high, albeit not a most powerful blow, but that along with the way he hit the ground was definitely enough to cause a concussion. I'm sure no one will bother replying to this though, because everyone having a go at Farah will be too busy either in the practice treating their patients or out at a restaurant enjoying a nice dinner.

1. You're in idiot
2. Ayshford was a turnstyle yesterday, not Matai
3. Worst defensive centre my arse. For his size, he is the best tackler in the NRL.

Bowhunter

Juniors
I thought the sheepish look on Farah's face said it all. Being called a diver is pretty much like being called a dog, and Farah didn't fire up at all. He just stood there with a guilty look on his face because he knew Matai was in the right to call him out on what he'd done.

Eels Dude

Coach
I don't think Matai is overall that great a defender. He hits hard sure, but he's also guilty of running out of the line to put that big hit on, and creating a hole for the attacking side. So he defends with that element of risk and being a centre defending out wide that's not a smart move. And before Manly fans chime I'm well aware Timana Tahu is guilty of doing the exact same thing and frankly I wish he wouldn't.

oval

Juniors
When Farah went to the hospital they found a bunch of toy horses up his arse. Doctors described his condition as 'stable'.

CanadianEagle

Juniors
I don't think Matai is overall that great a defender. He hits hard sure, but he's also guilty of running out of the line to put that big hit on, and creating a hole for the attacking side. So he defends with that element of risk and being a centre defending out wide that's not a smart move. And before Manly fans chime I'm well aware Timana Tahu is guilty of doing the exact same thing and frankly I wish he wouldn't.

All I read there was BLAH BLAH BLAH.....

Latest posts