What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Simpson Get Out Clause Activated

The Colonel

Immortal
Suitman said:
I notice you have stopped adding winky.

I have a really bad feeling about our recruitment.

Suity

slap.gif

The Colonel

Immortal
Parraren said:
Apparently Delaney & Cannings have been offered contracts. That to me is a worrying sign.

Could be a sign that we haven't been able to OR are not confident of picking up any quality players on the market and are going to have to retain players that would otherwise have not been offered contracts.

Not necessarily. Delaney has always been a part of plans. He was offered a contract quite a while ago.

Cannings is a different story. Injury free and in form he is an asset. With a bit of hunger about him onj a reduced contract he may realise the potential he has.

Parra Guru

Coach
The Ref in Seat 196 said:
I hope the people recruiting at Parramatta don't feel this way. There is a limit where a player is no longer worth the money he is offered.

So true, just look at Mark Riddell.

Throw the extra money Hindy's way :D

Parra Guru

Coach
The Colonel said:
No use throwing it at Hindy. Throw it at some help for him...

I meant throw the spare cash no one else will take at Hindy :lol:

God I wish Manly would keep their grubby hands off Creagh

James_Hardie

Juniors
I think Steve Simpson is going to be laughing all the way to the bank.

With the quality players all getting signed up, left right and centre, he will know what cash the Eels have and know how desperate we are. I would guess we may get him, but it will be for overs.

Stagger eel

Staff member
James_Hardie said:
I think Steve Simpson is going to be laughing all the way to the bank.

With the quality players all getting signed up, left right and centre, he will know what cash the Eels have and know how desperate we are. I would guess we may get him, but it will be for overs.

even so he's still be a coup for the club, I just can't see it happeing though.

Utey

Coach
Maybe the Hagan factor could lure him for a sizable but not overpaying contract?

yy_cheng

Coach
Does Hindy share the same SOO room with him?

Hindy should talk to himself in his sleep pretending that he is hallucinating.

He could mutter things like:

Denis, $500K for Simpson?? Man I don't even get that much.
No No No....

That wouldn't be anti-tampering would it?

Anyway, June 30 is upon us so Hindy could do some talking!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
<UPtheEELS> said:
Maybe the Hagan factor could lure him for a sizable but not overpaying contract?

he'll have to paid well over what his curretly to entice him down to the F3, he's apparetly very reluctant to leave Newcastle because his daughter lives there.

scottyeel

Bench
LOL, good call. Also Johns said today that he is definitely playing again next year which would be a big incentive for him not to go anywhere.

btaag

Juniors
I always thought that Hagen was a 'popular' coach. If he cannot attract quality players to the club, and supposedly (according to Knights fans) cannot develop players, why did we get him?

Rhetorical question as I still think he will go well, but if we sign no-one, it will puzzzle and worry me. (cmon Creagh, Simpson!)

Angry_eel

First Grade
btaag said:
I always thought that Hagen was a 'popular' coach. If he cannot attract quality players to the club, and supposedly (according to Knights fans) cannot develop players, why did we get him?

Rhetorical question as I still think he will go well, but if we sign no-one, it will puzzzle and worry me. (cmon Creagh, Simpson!)
Newcastle have a huge juniors area. This saves them from signing anyone. Plus they have had johns, buderus, gidley & tahu in one team who were/are all SOO or Aus reps. So basically hagan never had the cash nor the need to sign big name players.

btaag

Juniors
totally agree - more throwing it out there given our circumstances. its always good to be publically linked to players (like last year), but we will have to wait and see.

I DO think that Hagen being at the club will help player retention and recruitment in the future, so I am looking forward to seeing how the established eels go now that we have lost Brian Smith with his text messaging, school teacher style of coaching.

Angry_eel

First Grade
btaag said:
totally agree - more throwing it out there given our circumstances. its always good to be publically linked to players (like last year), but we will have to wait and see.

I DO think that Hagen being at the club will help player retention and recruitment in the future, so I am looking forward to seeing how the established eels go now that we have lost Brian Smith with his text messaging, school teacher style of coaching.
well mate i certainly hope hagan keeps us out of controversy like he has with Necastle. I mean apart from the johns factor he never had a problem with the tem. Infact, handling a player like Johns who can always be bigger than the club and sometimes bigger than the game(e.g. today) isn't an easy thing to do.