What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steven Clark is a f*in disgrace

F-1-11

Juniors
Worst decision for many years. H e was video ref at the Roosters Broncos game last year. rooster put on a set move from the scrum, nice backline move very rare these days. About 5 bad defensive reads from the Broncos, Roosters over up to video ref Stven Clark. Result no try. Darren Lockyer thought it was a try.
Clark needs to go, or go back and ref some Mini league.

Anon

Bench
Dogs down Dragons in NRL nail-biter. St George Illawarra coach Nathan Brown refused to lay the blame at the feet of the video referee after a pair of controversial calls all but ended the Dragons' NRL finals hopes in a thrilling 28-24 loss to the Bulldogs at WIN Stadium. The home side led for all but four minutes before being run down by the Bulldogs, who stole the two points when Trent Cutler capitalised on a Josh Morris fumble to go over with four minutes remaining. But the turning point came five minutes earlier with the Dragons holding a 24-16 lead and seemingly headed for their first win over the Bulldogs in six attempts. Taking the ball from a scrum close to his own line, Ben Creagh was confronted by Sonny Bill Williams who stole the ball from the Dragons lock before racing away to score. The Dragons argued that Brad Morrin had also been involved in the tackle to make it an illegal strip, but referee Tim Mander gave the Bulldogs the benefit of the doubt. It followed another benefit-of-the-doubt call just before half-time when Hazem El Masri was ruled to have correctly grounded the ball to leave the visitors just 14-4 down at the break. "Look at the scoreboard, she's a try (and) there's not much I can do about that now," Brown said. "I'm more disappointed with the things that we didn't do as opposed to what happened anywhere else. "I just thought we had some opportunities where we could have taken the benefit of the doubt decisions out of play and we didn't do that." Creagh too refused to blame Mander, but held back when asked if he thought there were two in the tackle. "I'm not going to criticise the referee, he made a decision and what's done is done," he said "It was poor by me, I really wasn't ready for a strip. All credit to him .. they got me with that." Bulldogs coach Steve Folkes was glad to take the two points, which secures his side's place in the top eight for another week at least. But already without international props Mark O'Meley and Willie Mason, he could now be without Andrew Ryan after he was put on report for a first-half high tackle on Jason Ryles. "It's been a while since we've had that sort of luck so we'll certainly take it," Folkes said. "While we weren't that flash ... we were close enough. They played well but they just didn't play well enough to put us away. On the Williams try, Folkes said: "It's a split decision I guess. "If he awarded it no try we probably would have been dirty. "Obviously by the reaction of some of the crowd they're obviously dirty about it being awarded." The late drama took the gloss off what was a stellar comeback from the Bulldogs, after they were down 14-0 early through tries to Beau Scott, Matt Copper and Keith Lulia before El Masri struck just before the break. It took the Bulldogs less than 90 seconds to hit back after the half-time break when El Masri went over under the posts for his second four-pointer, the two sides then trading tries before Cooper's second of the night establishing a 24-16 lead.

Source: AAP

Ain't karma a bitch

Ribs

Bench
:? We got 37 points docked you f**king goose, that was the karma. We've also managed record defeats in the following years culminating in a wooden spoon last year you f**king nut. I think our karma cycle has complete.

You might, I dont think so though.

lsta5838

Juniors
When I first saw it, I though Dogs were hard done by. But thinking about it more, this is hard to explain and would be easier to draw, but imagine (what I think is) the mirror image:

Soward was in his defensive line, Eastwood was standing in the Dogs attach line, and Pattern commences his run from left side of the field to the right. During this he runs behind Eastwood and Soward comes into contact with Eastwood. Classic obstruction. But since Soward is coming from the other way, it makes it look different, but I do not think it should be. Pattern runs into the 'hole' created by Eastwood 'blocking' Soward (as soft as the contact was). If Eastwood was not there, then Soward would have tackled Pattern.

Ultimately, I would be more happy if Soward committed to tackling Pattern (he probably would have gotten him) instead of milking it.

But overall, I think Pattern used the 'hole' created by Eastwood to his advantage. Ultimately, it should not matter which direction the defensive player is running, should it?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
i honestly have no idea how saints fans could even attempt to justify that decision.
I haven't read the whole thread but to say it was just one poor decision is pretty silly. If the poor decision was made in the 1st minute of the 79th minute, it is still wrong.

Regarding the match, I haven't watched it on TV yet but at the ground (and imo), there was certainly something odd going on with the refereeing. The ref not calling for the video a couple of times, when it was abundantly clear the video was needed. And then not playing advantage in another incident.

There were numerous poor ref decisions in the match, and quite frankly Saints should have been further ahead. It would have been a miraculous get out of gaol for the Bulldogs if they won as they were behind all stats thoughout the night.

That aside, something has to be done about the interpretation of obstruction rule. It has become a joke.

ByRd

First Grade
Willow, i will agree with you, the obstruction rule is a joke and as Andrew Ryan said, its just a lottery.

thommo4pm

Coach
Soward is a lard arsed girl. If he doesn't go squealing to the ref, then the ref doesn't go to the video ref. Soward should just own up to making a bad read and take his medicine, but being the sook that he is, he goes crying to mummy cause he didn't get his own way. Soward= Tool of the highest order.:cool:

You guys & Kevin Moore need to get your facts right.
It was Ben Hornby who went to the ref, Soward was nowhere even near the ref.
Watch the replay and see Hornby go up to the ref and then Archer call for the video.
Soward is nowhere near there.

Dazraider

Juniors
Sore losers, how many times other sides have been rorted by the video ref.
Dragons played better footy and they deserved the win.
What a joke they think they deserve the two points, the dragons got rorted in decisions there as well so it was justice for that to happen

Dogaholic

First Grade
Sharks have had 5 trys allowed this year to the shepherd rule. Some of those trys would have changed the game for the Sharks & possibly lead to wins.
Why should the Dogs be special just because they get 1 50/50 decision which goes against them. I'm still not even convinced it wasnt an obstruction, if you look at the Sharks no trys anyway. Plus teh dogs seem to get the most exoerienced reffing squads each week while the sharks have had 3 games where the 2 refs combined total of games was less than 50.
f**k em. Good decision

lol have you watched the Dogs games this years. Dogs don't get 50/50s going there way this year.

Rexxy

Coach
PNG ref sent off for bad penalty call
Ilya Gridneff
May 16, 2009 - 5:54PM

One of Papua New Guinea's top rugby league referees was bullied from the field during the final of a pre-season competition in the nation's capital on Saturday.

Tony Kuni made a penalty decision with 20 minutes to go, angering a team sponsor who marched onto the field and ordered the ref off.

Kuni had awarded a penalty to Tia Broncos who were 9-8 ahead and very close to the Lau Rangers' try line.

The crowd and Rangers were not happy and Rangers sponsor David Inugu told Kuni to leave the field.

The ref complied, fearing the angry crowd, and refused to return when asked by embarrassed officials.

The game was aborted when other referees at the ground refused to replace Kuni.

President of the Masta Mak Cup challenge Leo Lahui issued an apology to Kuni and said the game's result would be determined at a meeting next week.

"I would like to apologise to Kuni for the disrespectful behaviour caused by one of our teams in the off season competition," he said.

Jason Maher

Immortal
suck a fat one!

great win last night, made even better by the sore loser doggies fans throwing sh*t on the field ahahahhaahaha

Funny how different your attitude is here to what it was last week when Chelsea got the rough end of the pineapple.

One thing no-one has mentioned so far is the dogs players on the field going up to the dogs fans and telling them to calm down. Commendable stuff.

kurt faulk

Coach

f**k me.

is there a team who has won more games, more finals games and more grandfinals with the help of the refs than the bulldogs?

now they lose one pitiful game with a 50/50 call and they start crying like little girls.

no wonder they are the most hated team in the comp.

Southernsaint

Staff member
PNG ref sent off for bad penalty call
Ilya Gridneff
May 16, 2009 - 5:54PM

One of Papua New Guinea's top rugby league referees was bullied from the field during the final of a pre-season competition in the nation's capital on Saturday.

Tony Kuni made a penalty decision with 20 minutes to go, angering a team sponsor who marched onto the field and ordered the ref off.

Kuni had awarded a penalty to Tia Broncos who were 9-8 ahead and very close to the Lau Rangers' try line.

The crowd and Rangers were not happy and Rangers sponsor David Inugu told Kuni to leave the field.

The ref complied, fearing the angry crowd, and refused to return when asked by embarrassed officials.

The game was aborted when other referees at the ground refused to replace Kuni.

President of the Masta Mak Cup challenge Leo Lahui issued an apology to Kuni and said the game's result would be determined at a meeting next week.

"I would like to apologise to Kuni for the disrespectful behaviour caused by one of our teams in the off season competition," he said.

It doesn't matter which sport or which continent - one thing stands true: Rangers are rorting scum!!