What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stewart Out 8-12 wks

sneagle

Juniors
Yep sorry.
The webcam footage of the incident, no wait it was the father and Stewart scuffling, after he went to his daughter's assistance after hearing cries for help and then there was the neighbour whom the father went to call the police who neither heard nor saw anything, and the elderly neighbour interviewed the next day (on TV news - which one I can't remember) who also heard and saw nothing.....but the sisters apparently did and were called in as witnesses.:crazy:

Mr Saab

Referee
I'm sure they will give him everything he kneeds

oh dear.. did i just do that? :(

Call Garry Burns @ channel 9....you might get a gig on the footyshow with such comedic efforts. Sure cant be any worst than some of the crap dished up in 2009

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
MANLY fullback Brett Stewart is unlikely to return before this year's finals series, with his knee injury worse than first feared. Due back in court on Tuesday after pleading not guilty to two sexual assault charges, Stewart's horror year has been compounded by the injury sustained in round 6 against the Rabbitohs.
The initial prognosis after surgery was that Stewart would spend eight to 12 weeks on the sidelines.
But according to Stewart's agent, George Mimis, the brilliant No1 will be out for at least another four months. "He's still on crutches and while everybody is really happy with the progression, Brett is still at an early stage of rehabilitation,'' Mimis said.
"This is the same knee he had surgery on in 2007 and Des (Hasler) and the Manly medical team are determined to have him come back 100 per cent right. He'll only come back when he's ready. It's not about rushing it.''
Manly officials are confident Stewart will return to his brilliant best. But further surgery to his right knee would cause complications.
Manly chief executive Grant Mayer labelled Stewart's injury as "serious'' and reiterated the club's safety-first approach. "It's a serious injury that's got to be treated properly,'' Mayer said. "He's under no pressure from the club's perspective.''
The Sea Eagles have won just two of their six matches without Stewart this season. But wins over Brisbane and Parramatta in recent weeks have galvanised the premiers as they build momentum going into today's match against Gold Coast at Skilled Stadium

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,25527275-5006066,00.html

It sucks, but a positive I can take from it is that the boys now know we are just going to have to win games without him. There will be no sitting back waiting for him to return and save us, the boys have to put in and do it themselves.

bartman

Immortal
Yeah, delayed return because of the knee injury... oh, and of course that small troubling matter of a court case re sexual assault. :sarcasm:

A snide insinuation based on nothing more than your holier than thou moralistic BS.

Cheap shot, taken from the cheap seats.

bartman

Immortal
Cheap shot, taken from the cheap seats.
* bows and takes applause *

But seriously, I was just quoting the article, which conveniently runs the two points very close together.

My bet's on a suspended sentence anyway. Or Rene Rivkin style weekend detention at Silverwater.

* bows and takes applause *

But seriously, I was just quoting the article, which conveniently runs the two points very close together.

My bet's on a suspended sentence anyway. Or Rene Rivkin style weekend detention at Silverwater.

So your bet is he's found guilty?

or is that you guess on a sentence if he is found guilty?

If i had to make a guess id be putting my money on not guilty.

Anyway if he is found guilty there is no way he will only get a suspended sentence for this type of crime. He'll do years if he's found guilty imo.

bartman

Immortal
So your bet is he's found guilty?

or is that you guess on a sentence if he is found guilty?

If i had to make a guess id be putting my money on not guilty.

Anyway if he is found guilty there is no way he will only get a suspended sentence for this type of crime. He'll do years if he's found guilty imo.
I guess its my guess of sentence on if he's found guilty... not having the full evidence before me to judge on guilt obviously.

Depends what happens with the charges, maybe there'll be a plea bargain, getting it down to something that can be suspended sentence etc? Won't make either "side" of the debate happy in terms of proving anything much, but I can see Stewart's team doing absolutely anything they can to avoid the risk of a prison term in this case.

t-ba

Post Whore
Plea bargaining? Does that exist in New South Wales? That's an American thing...

...Seriously, stop now. It's fine to have your own opinions but this in addition to saying he'll get a suspended sentence isn't a good look for yourself.

bartman

Immortal
Plea bargaining? Does that exist in New South Wales? That's an American thing...
Might be, I wouldn't know though.

...Seriously, stop now. It's fine to have your own opinions but this in addition to saying he'll get a suspended sentence isn't a good look for yourself.
What, I'm going easy on the guy with my opinion here... would you prefer I say the worst case scenario on these charges, that he'll get 6 years :?.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
He has been charged with Sexual Assault and Indecent Assault I am fairy certain. Indecent Assault being the lesser of the two crimes.

If he is found not guilty of Sexual Assault and guilty of Indecent Assault he might end up with a softer sentence. Still would be prison time though probably.

Latest posts