What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sticky is gone!

RoostarGirl

Juniors
Press Conference at 5pm today to officially confirm that Sticky has left the Roosters.

Important media release regarding Ricky Stuart
Monday, August 28, 2006

The Sydney Roosters and Head Coach Ricky Stuart have agreed to mutually end their association with effect from next Monday, September 3.

To bring an end to media speculation concerning the Roosters coaching position that surfaced over the weekend and the subsequent damage caused to the reputations of both Ricky Stuart and the Sydney Roosters, Stuart’s manager John Fordham met with Roosters chairman Nick Politis this afternoon in an attempt to reach a mutually agreeable solution.

The agreement subsequently reached will mean that Ricky Stuart will coach the Sydney Roosters for the final time against the St George Illawarra Dragons at the SCG next Saturday night.

As part of the agreement, the Sydney Roosters will honour all entitlements due to Ricky Stuart to October 31, 2007.

Sydney Roosters Chairman, Nick Politis said “Ricky Stuart will always have a special place in Roosters history, having won a premiership in 2002, 3 grand final appearances and a minor premiership.

“Ricky has every reason to be proud of the impact he has made at the Roosters on and off the field. He has been a credit to the game, the club and his family.

“We wish Ricky well as Australian Coach in the Tri Nations and he will always be welcome at our club” concluded Politis.

Ricky Stuart, who coached the Roosters to three successive grand finals and the club’s first premiership in his first year (2002), said this afternoon the agreement reached with the club was the most obvious outcome for both parties.

Ricky Stuart said: “Considering the circumstances, it was in the best interests of both parties to bring an end to this debate that was causing a lot of damage. In saying that, let me make it clear that this is indeed one of the saddest days in my football career although I feel I can leave the Roosters with my head held high as we – the players, the coaching staff and the club itself – have achieved a high degree of success in the past five years. Although the last two years, in particular, have been very difficult for reasons that are fairly well known, there has never been a drop-off in the desire and professionalism of the players and the coaching staff to achieve success. The Roosters are in a rebuilding phase with lots of promising but inexperienced young players who are willing to put up their hands up and provide the platform for a more competitive club as they reach player maturity.”

Well its a shame to see him go this way. I think he did some great things for our club.

I'm not sure I want Daniel Anderson to take over I'd rather Lammy.

MELROO

Juniors
RoostarGirl said:
Press Conference at 5pm today to officially confirm that Sticky has left the Roosters.

Yeah just read it on the roosters website, who will get the job!
PLEASE NOT GOULD.

Choppies

Coach
I thought change was needed but I was of 2 minds about it. On the one hand I wanted him to stay but the other hand was I think we need a change.

MELROO

Juniors
Apparently big media Frenzy at Wentworth Park training today, Stuart wanted to talk to team but so many media thought it better to stay away from the boys, so will talk to them tomorrow.

Sooooo Rebecca Wilson got it right..serving of humble pie n crow anyone?Just cause some people dont like what she writes doesnt mean it isnt true

well, the board sacked gould obviously he didnt do a good enough job, does that mean the board admitt they were wrong for dumping gould if they sign him wtf gould is no longer affiliated with us and he still controls us from above, at first i jumped the gun and wanted ricky gone but now i think the last year of his contract would of been better option, the thing i hate about us is we too trigger happy, fittler is no way fit to take over, i herd also adrian lam is in the mix, isnt this his first year at coaching? john lang is suitable but i doubt hes coming, i also herd daniel anderson was mentioned, f**k me, if we sign anderson im putting my support on hiatuous until hes sacked, ricky gave us some of our best times, farewell champ!

RoostarGirl

Juniors
MELROO said:
Apparently big media Frenzy at Wentworth Park training today, Stuart wanted to talk to team but so many media thought it better to stay away from the boys, so will talk to them tomorrow.

Gee thats a bit rough isn't it??......I just wished it was dealt with within the club properly before it hit the press.....but same old.....

MELROO

Juniors
RoostarGirl said:
Gee thats a bit rough isn't it??......I just wished it was dealt with within the club properly before it hit the press.....but same old.....

Flannagan (assistant coach) had to come down and tell the boys. They only had rehab today and apparently camera's were everywhere they went. The boys are in the dark.

RoostarGirl

Juniors
MELROO said:
Flannagan (assistant coach) had to come down and tell the boys. They only had rehab today and apparently camera's were everywhere they went. The boys are in the dark.

Thats pathetic.....I feel for the players and Sticky.....its a shame all good things have to come to an end:(

Melroo do you have an association with the club.....a relative play or something??

JBW1983

Juniors
I'm in shock..

With all due respect to the current squad Sticky can't be blamed if they don't have the talent to match it with the rest. Say what you like but our forwards have been knocked about like a bunch of sissies this season(with the exception of Tupou, Shillington and Plum), because we have lightweights like Harrison and Flannery instead of bulkier yet mobile backrowers (like Gallen, Hindmarsh, Thompson, O'Donnell). I won't even get onto the props becoz they seem to have been non-existent, esp. the ones coming off the bench!

Oh and did I forget to mention that we've been without the world's best player for basically the whole season?? Oh and did I also mention that our starting 5/8 had been carrying injury all season??

If any of the above is Sticky's fault then I'm a monkey's uncle!

Sticky has gotten the best out of our troops, who to their credit have given their all this season and this is the thanks he gets!

JBW1983

Juniors
Oh yeh and did i mention that we lost 3 of the best forwards in the world in Ricketson, Cayless and Crocker??? THAT ONE YOU CAN BLAME ON THE FU..IN SALARY CAP!

MELROO

Juniors
RoostarGirl said:
Thats pathetic.....I feel for the players and Sticky.....its a shame all good things have to come to an end:(

Melroo do you have an association with the club.....a relative play or something??

Or something.

Bundy

Juniors
P.S. Apologies for trolling, just passing on info. Has anyone heard any different names yet? BTW, I don't know who it is... I just know it isn't either of those two.

daniel is one of the worst coaches we have seen in the nrl in recent times, and flanno i think should stay assistant

the roosters, need chris anderson imo, only decent free-agent coach out there

EDIT: Ando was good in 01,02,03, like stuart was with 02,03,04

but both, have lost there coaching touch

Dave Q

Coach
I'm trolling too, but also with good intentions.

Morley is too great a loss to sustain. Harrison badly injured, Anasta down on confidence. On it goes.

Whoever steps in is going to find life as tough, uncomfortable and in the absence of a miracle, a rather short-lived appointment.

I would have thought that Sticky lifted the ordinary players and was not a burden to them. The Roosters have sacked the Australian coach in an amazing pursuit of perfection. Talk about standards!

As I see it, Bellamy is the best coach on earth right now, so you will need to do some contract machinations to get him and his team to Bondi asap (even for 2008). His recruitment team are the best in the league by about 10 lengths. Just brilliant.

JT will be coaching Souths by Round 5 2007 after Bomber loses his second match and is more than likely to re-sign for 2008 when the rabbits will peak and make the gand final.

Iafeta

Referee
Rabbitohs2005 said:
daniel is one of the worst coaches we have seen in the nrl in recent times, and flanno i think should stay assistant

the roosters, need chris anderson imo, only decent free-agent coach out there

EDIT: Ando was good in 01,02,03, like stuart was with 02,03,04

but both, have lost there coaching touch

Totally.

Oh, just for the record, how have Craig Coleman, Paul Langmack, Arthur Kitinis and Shaun McRae gone coaching first grade in the NRL?

I'll come back to that.

Daniel Anderson's record in the NRL is 91 games, 51 wins, 2 draws, 39 losses. A percentage of 55% wins. Included in that season 2002 - whereby he inherited a club with four contracted players, and overwhelming favouritism for the wooden spoon. Did I mention he's the only coach at that particular club who's taken the team to the finals? Let alone three of them in three and a bit seasons? Let alone a grand final? Let alone a minor premiership?

Now, coming back to the original question - how have Coleman, Langmack, Kitinis and McRae feared?

I think it's highly ironic a Rabbitohs fan questioning the skill of Daniel Anderson as a head coach or his coaching record.

RAM

Juniors
As much as I hate your team with a passion, (due to a continual feud with a friend), I sympathise with you, on this joke of a decision, and know how you feel. ie (Brian Smith).

What a joke all the League Admins, are becoming with sacking and not renewing coaches contracts mid season.

They expect loyalty from the players and fans alike, but when it comes to Coaches, it appears the Board has the first stab in the heart and is accounatble to nobody.

Once again I sympathise with you Roosters and question whether some of the Directors and CEO's on Leagues Club boards, Parra Included, should be dealt with in the same dispensary manner as coaches !