What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm brews as Knights kidnap rising star.

hop

Juniors
I suppose the kid can play where he likes but still its a blow to rl in victoria,they should leave them for the storm.

is he a melbourne junior?
its hardly a blow to RL in vic if hes not a vic junior...
you guys are so cashed up anyway what would it matter

hop

Juniors
oh okay my mistake.. but still...
who cares anyway... once again.. look at how much cash melbourne has..
probably from huge gate takings...:? :?

hop said:
oh okay my mistake.. but still...
who cares anyway... once again.. look at how much cash melbourne has..
probably from huge gate takings...:? :?

and probbally your talking out of yourHUGE arse

Stormin Norman said:
yeah its fair to say newcastle is a fair joke they have the best juniors and they have to poach. i spose they cant win a game wit out johns so poaching is there only way of getting back up to the top. seems pretty stupid they have chased a 15 y.o. from vic and they overlooked prob aus best under 18 outside back going around.

haha your a f**ken goose.

Razor

Coach
Seems Newcastle love to whinge when players leave their district to play and be developed at other clubs Luke Burt, Ryan O'Hara, Anthony Tupou, Brett Finch, Willie Mason among others - how

The Knights didn't whinge when Burt or Mason left. The Knights cut them both.
Topou is the only one I've heard them whinge about.

Buderus came to Newcastle as a 17 year old after previously being at the Dragons. I am not sure that we pinched him

Buderus never played at the Dragons. They offered him a contract, he turned it down to sign with his local Knights club.

ironcross

Juniors
Newcastles lower grade teams are doing pretty poor this year. Obviously our talent has dried up or gone elsewhere. Its nice to see they are looking at the future. This kid could be playing for us in 2 - 3 years if he is that good. I'm sure he is the one that made the decision to go to Newcastle.

I am a loyal Storm fan but in terms of signing players I think the Knights are entitled to sign anyone they want.

If their recruitment staff are clever enough to spot Victoian talent then good on them !!.

:?

ironcross said:
Newcastles lower grade teams are doing pretty poor this year. Obviously our talent has dried up or gone elsewhere. Its nice to see they are looking at the future. This kid could be playing for us in 2 - 3 years if he is that good. I'm sure he is the one that made the decision to go to Newcastle.

our premmy team is doing shithouse.

Surandy

Bench
kia ora storm said:
I am a loyal Storm fan but in terms of signing players I think the Knights are entitled to sign anyone they want.

If their recruitment staff are clever enough to spot Victoian talent then good on them !!.

:?

Victorian talent? Ahh, love those two words together. A Victorian grown player in the NRL will be a great thing to see, regardless of what team he plays for.

Stormin Norman

Juniors
y am i a goose or a F***in goose in your words. ur 9th on the ladder and in real danger of missing the finals and now have lost tahu and kennedy and are going nowhere fast. u over looked greg inglis who has played 3 qld cup games this season and scored 7 tries and played in the u/18 origin game b4 origin 2 and is currently playing for qld now in the under 18 championships and u still are poaching. seems to me that the knights are the f***in gooses

Johns Magic

Referee
Stormin Norman said:
y am i a goose or a F***in goose in your words. ur 9th on the ladder and in real danger of missing the finals and now have lost tahu and kennedy and are going nowhere fast. u over looked greg inglis who has played 3 qld cup games and scored 7 tries and played in the u/18 origin game b4 origin 2 and is currently playing for qld now in the under 18 championships and u still are poaching. seems to me that the nights are the f***in gooses

After deciphering that I have come up with a couple of points.

Obviously Inglis id under contract with Melbourne. That's why he was "overlooked", as you put it..

We are still poaching? Good one. We poached once. Once in years. How that be classified as "still" poaching?

Melbourne has or has had plenty of Newcastle juniors in their side:

Howe, Hill, Kimmorley and Orford(Central Coast). I don't mind that either, because Melbourne had to start somewhere. But you have to realise that Newcastle has given the Storm alot of talent to build the club.

Who cares, it's one junior. Stop making such a big deal out of nothing.

Stormin Norman

Juniors
Howe, Hill, Kimmorley and Orford(Central Coast).
and none of them were poached all overlooked by the knights bar orford cause he is a north sydney/ cental coast bears junior
greg inglis was signed after the start of the season it was said in a forum by a newcastle fan that he was playing at a newcastle high school earlier this yr.

how cann eels supporters bag the knights for signing plaers from somewhere else here is you strongest sude for next year
1.mickinon yours
2.peterson knights
3.tahu knights
4.burt knights
5.growth yours
6.morris knights
7.witt yours
8.cayless kiwi
9.riddell dragqueens
10.vella yours i think
11.hindmarsh yours
12.morrison cowboys
13.wagon yours i think
dont know what your bench would be and myabe if you f**ks did not buy half our junours we wouldnot buy vic players who cares any way name one other club that does not buy players

Johns Magic

Referee
Stormin Norman said:
Howe, Hill, Kimmorley and Orford(Central Coast).
and none of them were poached all overlooked by the knights bar orford cause he is a north sydney/ cental coast bears junior
greg inglis was signed after the start of the season it was said in a forum by a newcastle fan that he was playing at a newcastle high school earlier this yr.

So you're saying that Melbourne signed Inglis from Newcastle this year? So you stole a Knights junior?A Knights junior destined to be a star?

What are you complaining about then? You got a better deal than us. You took a future star and we took a 15 year old with potential. If anything, we should be complaining.

And anyway, those players that I listed, even though they weren't with the Knights, they were developed by the Knights. The Storm then reaped the benefits of that. So Newcastle gave alot to Melbourne.

Stormin Norman

Juniors
So you're saying that Melbourne signed Inglis from Newcastle this year? So you stole a Knights junior?A Knights junior destined to be a star?
no u twat he was not signed by the knights at all i was asying y would u want to sign a u/15 vic kind and not the best u/18 back in the country.
The Storm then reaped the benefits of that. So Newcastle gave alot to Melbourne.
u didn't "give" us n e thing we signed kimmorley from the defunct hunter mariners hill came wit the coach from the bulldogs and howe from eng and orford as a free agent

Johns Magic

Referee
Quote:

no u twat he was not signed by the knights at all i was asying y would u want to sign a u/15 vic kind and not the best u/18 back in the country.

Ok he wasn't signed by Newcastle but Beau Ryan wasn't signed by Melbourne. As I said, you got the "best U/18 back in the country" from our territory so why are you complaining?
Quote:

The Storm then reaped the benefits of that. So Newcastle gave alot to Melbourne.

u didn't "give" us n e thing we signed kimmorley from the defunct hunter mariners hill came wit the coach from the bulldogs and howe from eng and orford as a free agent

You don't understand. We developed them. You then reaped the benefits of our developing. It was to your advantage. Our good work was to your benefit.

Stormin Norman

Juniors
all i'm trying to say is that there are 4 clubs that should never eva have to sign players from outside there zones and should be very sucesful all the time and ur one of them. u have the best juniors going around in rugby league heart land. give us a break u ask 10 kids in vic 9 of them dont even understand the game and the moment 1 comes along and show potension he is poached. even u have taken our side in melb staying in the comp, the best way for us to bring fans back to the game is get vic juniors playing for the storm makekids believe that they 1 day can play for the storm cause at the moment its not likely.

Johns Magic

Referee
Stormin Norman said:
all i'm trying to say is that there are 4 clubs that should never eva have to sign players from outside there zones and should be very sucesful all the time and ur one of them. u have the best juniors going around in rugby league heart land. give us a break u ask 10 kids in vic 9 of them dont even understand the game and the moment 1 comes along and show potension he is poached. even u have taken our side in melb staying in the comp, the best way for us to bring fans back to the game is get vic juniors playing for the storm makekids believe that they 1 day can play for the storm cause at the moment its not likely.

I totally agree. But unfortunately, there is not alot of talent left in Newcastle. Our Premier League team and Jersey Flegg are both struggling near the bottom of the ladder. Due to other clubs poaching, the talent in the area has been sucked dry. We now need to look elsewhere. We have only signed One 15 year old, yet everyone is acting as if we are worse than the Roosters. Unfortunately that 15 year old came from Melbourne. But if it's what the club has to do, then they will get no arguments from me.

I don't think the loss of one junior is going to hurt Melbourne in the scheme of things.