What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm gives 7 players permission to leave, Knights want White

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
We told Perry we didn't want him, then go for White who is only a year younger, wants more money, isn't as good - and will probably tell us to piss off anyway (if we are lucky - if we are unlucky he will come here and suck the life out of our salary cap for nothing)

Yeah but we've been scarred by Perry in the past.

Alex28

Coach
F*** me... The club is signing current Origin players and you people are still not happy.

What you actually want can't be achieved. Inglis, Cronk et al - not going to happen for any team. Get past that and move on.

Noname36

First Grade
F*** me... The club is signing current Origin players and you people are still not happy.

What you actually want can't be achieved. Inglis, Cronk et al - not going to happen for any team. Get past that and move on.

This. We're not going to get an Inglis or a Slater, but a signing like Costigan is a big step in the right direction. No he's not a massive signing by any means, but it is one of the better signings we've made over the past few years for sure.

Brian Smith had a very good knack of taking poor players, putting them into a team, and making them look a lot better than they actually were. However it's left us with bugger all now that he's left, and subsequently some of these players that he brought in just aren't performing without him.

knights girl

Juniors
Be real we aren't going to get any storm players..........all we can attract is players who can't get a game in first grade at their current clubs.....and we all no the reason why....:crazy:

Noname36

First Grade
Be real we aren't going to get any storm players..........all we can attract is players who can't get a game in first grade at their current clubs.....and we all no the reason why....:crazy:

We had trouble attracting players before Stone got here, so that's no argument. Costigan is a regular in a Wayne Bennett coached side that is leading the comp...I fail to see how that is "failing to get a game".

Spot On

Coach
Sorry to state the bleeding obvious - but I'll be very happy with Neville if he performs as he did on Friday night for the Dragons on a weekly basis for us. There is definitely a role for him in our team but the real concern is will he maintain form at our club??? Will be interesting to see if QLD stick with him next season.

roopy

Referee
Costigan is a friend of Andrew Duneman apparently.
I'd like to see the club find a way to sign high profile players without it being a 'mate' thing.

We told Perry we didn't want him, then go for White who is only a year younger, wants more money, isn't as good - and will probably tell us to piss off anyway (if we are lucky - if we are unlucky he will come here and suck the life out of our salary cap for nothing)

Your wet dreams over any newie junior gets real old you know. Perry was fat and lazy he got punted, get the f**k over it.

A VOICE OF REASON!

Good post Alex, what I love is most people here aren't suggesting alternatives either just having a bitch bitch bitch!

Costigan on just over $200k a year is a good signing for mine his comming out of the Dragons and QLD system and will bring a great attitude with him IMO as well as a f**k load of aggression on the field.

Spot On

Coach
A VOICE OF REASON!

Good post Alex, what I love is most people here aren't suggesting alternatives either just having a bitch bitch bitch!

Costigan on just over $200k a year is a good signing for mine his comming out of the Dragons and QLD system and will bring a great attitude with him IMO as well as a f**k load of aggression on the field.

Baron - has this been confirmed. I'd loved to know exactly what he will be on so I can make some sense of the 450K figures being thrown around for the Melb forward/props.

Baron - has this been confirmed. I'd loved to know exactly what he will be on so I can make some sense of the 450K figures being thrown around for the Melb forward/props.

See the team for 2011 thread.

In the same foxsports article as the Costigan signing info.

Outstanding young Sharks backrow/centre prospect Kyle O'Donnell, the younger brother of Test forward Luke, has also agreed to a two-year deal with Newcastle.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27327869-5018866,00.html

Spot On

Coach
I've been told Luke O'Donnell is close to signing with the Sharks. Kyle leaves Cronulla as big bro arrives??? Heard anything like that???

otori

Juniors
Sharks fans seem to be pretty unhappy about losing Kyle. Apparently one of two really good prospects in NYC for them so hopefully it works out well.

roopy

Referee
It's possible that the sharks have Kade Snowden, Luke O'Donnell and Anthony Tupou in firstgrade and we have Rylee Snowden, Kyle O'Donnell and Ben Tupou in NYC.

Nuffy

Bench
All steady pickups in my opinion and when you consider that its likely Cross will be moved on, we still should have a bucketload of cap space still to be used.

They do desperately need a metre eater prop and a class outside back but I'm just not sure where the outside back is going to come from.

The prop is a little less uncertain as I reckon they will secure one of the off contract Melb props.

We are going to need to look outside the square a little for outside backs, wonder if they are running the ruler over the rah rah boys?

otori

Juniors
We are going to need to look outside the square a little for outside backs, wonder if they are running the ruler over the rah rah boys?

None of the Wallabies are likely to come over and the rest of the backs in Super 15 aren't that great IMO. Vuna will do well for Melbourne and he's a solid first grader here. If I could pick any of them, Pocock, Ashley-Cooper, Cooper or Mitchell would all make decent RL centres.

Nuffy

Bench
As good as the younger O'Donnell could be, I can't help but think he was part of a plan to attract LOD to the club.

Also I'd like to see Anthony Topou back at the club, as patchy as he's been over the last few years, at his time with the Roosters, he was quality.

Playing for his home town club, with his family around him, may make him shine again.

Alex28

Coach
People here now are just complaining for the sake of complaining. We weren't signing anyone and everybody is up in arms. We start signing - and signing some quality current and prospective players - and everybody is whinging the signings aren't good enough.

The complaining of the prospects that Brett White may come here is one I can't quite cop. Given the few front rowers in front of him on form at the moment are not on the market, and the other Storm front rowers (like Blair and Manu) are not on the list free to negotiate, then who out there would be a better option at the moment?

I don't really know who people want the club to sign. So rather than complaining, why not help the club and inform us of these tremendous signings who are off contract this year that the club can pick up.

RABK

Referee
I suggested Mason based on his 2010 form and overall career on field class. Mason and White would be a handy front row.