What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm salary cap scandal thread

MacDougall

First Grade
This is terrible. Imagine the players. Do they take their premiership rings. I can't believe this. I am personally devastated.

Surely a hell of a lot of players have get out clauses in their contracts that could be activated in a case like this.

Coaster

Bench
Anyone happy about this is an absolute idiot

This has set our game back 10 years, its a f*cking disgracful desicion.

YES it should have been swept under the carpet, and punished behind closed doors

Misanthrope

Staff member
Surely a hell of a lot of players have get out clauses in their contracts that could be activated in a case like this.

Let the feeding frenzy begin, eh? It's a firesale!

Sir Biffo

Bench
So what happens now?

Do the Storm even bother showing up to play their games?

If you're a Billy Slater, Cam Smith, Greg Inglis do you put your body on the line playing for nothing when you could just request an immediate release, take your fraud money and get even more coin playing RU in France or Japan for the next 6 months and come back when you have something to play for ...

user_nat

Coach
Can't believe how crazy this whole thing is.

Wonder what the AFL would have done.. (since it lets new clubs exceed cap, including when Brisbane won 3)

Danish

Referee
f**kING EPIC.

No chance the players didn't know about it, and as such I doubt they'll lose too many from their squad getting themselves back under the cap. The players will just accept that the gravy train has dried up and sign on for normal money (much like the dogs in 02 when they kept just about their entire squad for the 2003 season).

Goddo

Bench
This is so sh!t.

I mean the storm have been building the game in vic for a long time now, and are just starting to get to a point where the investment is worth while.. 25k to the dragons game, new stadium, presence in the media and on TV, Vic juniors just starting to come through... It really really sucks big black balls.

This is bad for everyone really, except the sharks who could use the cash..

saints_fireup

Juniors
A disgraceful, duplicitous and fraudulent club. It is a sad day for Rugby League to have professional administrators blatantly deceiving fans of this great game..

Way to f*ck the game up in Melbourne. Trying to build there for over decade, now this. F*cking disgrace. F*CK OF OUT OF THE GAME NEWS LTD

Coaster

Bench
Rubbish...

Really?

How many players in the storm side, now sign with the Rebel Union team?
How does the game recover in any way in Melbourne?

League shoots itself once again, and d*ckheads like you cheer.

You make me sick

jc155776

Coach
As if the players didn't know!!!

There are SECRET LETTERS PROMISING EXTRA CASH.

FMD.

Suck on it Melbourne and your scummy cheating club.