What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm thoughts??

Should the storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
tip of the iceberg. But at least they dont have a purpose built supporters group of businessmen that has one mission.

sharks4ever

Juniors
Right Punishment! i wonder how many storm players the sharks pick up consider fisk said they have money to spend next year, it was in last weeks big league

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
Penalty sticks, they deserve it...
No pay cuts to come back under the cap. They had their chance & abused it, everyone stays on their current wage & they lose players.
Once their salary cap is legal then they can start to earn points.
And we lost to a cheating team so we deserve the 2 points..

1. Premierships stripped is fine. theyve assembled an illegal roster. they may have brought them up as youngens but they should never have been able to keep the stars and sign the likes of newton or finch.

2. Fine is 500k. piss wek. should be 2 million.

3. should be a way for them to get them under the cap and play for points. maybe a fire sale of lima, finch, hoffman, cronk etc.

Quigs

Immortal
Current penalty is sufficient.

It has certainly stopped them farting in church that's for sure.

I also believe it isthe tip of the iceberg.

But forgetting all the hand ups and kickbacks, I still enjoyed watching them go round. A mix of mongrel and skill. Shame it all falls outside Mr Gallops rules and regulations.

It is going to be interesting to see how far the league goes with all this. There is so munch Sh!t out there involving other clubs, and all but blind freddy can see between the lines.

Sometimes it is good to be a poor arse bastard club.

But honestly I can't see too many clubs carpet corners being lifted by the NRL to see where everything has been swept.

And I blame Fearless Frank Facer for starting all this rorting. If he didn't have shonkey residential addresses for up and coming superstars like Raper then we wouldn't be in the predictament we are in now.

The stinking stains should be stripped of their 11 straight. Thieving sh!ts.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Vossy

Bench
what gets me is that the players think they have been hard done by and want to appeal the punishment..

what part of "illegally assembled team, 700k over the salary cap for 2010 and previous years" dont they understand?

carcharias

Immortal
what gets me is that the players think they have been hard done by and want to appeal the punishment..

what part of "illegally assembled team, 700k over the salary cap for 2010 and previous years" dont they understand?

Phil Gould doesn't understand how it all works either apparently.

Quigs

Immortal
Be interesting to see which superstar cracks first.

They ( the melbourne yawnion outfit) are throwing squillions at Billy Boy right now.

Should start a poll on that one too.

United we stand, ummmmmmmmm

P.S. Has Izzy signed up with em yet. Interesting get out clause for one of the highest paid donkeys....

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Qld Shark

Juniors
Current penalty is sufficient.

It has certainly stopped them farting in church that's for sure.

I also believe it isthe tip of the iceberg.

But forgetting all the hand ups and kickbacks, I still enjoyed watching them go round. A mix of mongrel and skill. Shame it all falls outside Mr Gallops rules and regulations.

It is going to be interesting to see how far the league goes with all this. There is so munch Sh!t out there involving other clubs, and all but blind freddy can see between the lines.

Sometimes it is good to be a poor arse bastard club.

But honestly I can't see too many clubs carpet corners being lifted by the NRL to see where everything has been swept.

And I blame Fearless Frank Facer for starting all this rorting. If he didn't have shonkey residential addresses for up and coming superstars like Raper then we wouldn't be in the predictament we are in now.

The stinking stains should be stripped of their 11 straight. Thieving sh!ts.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Haha Quigs I see your dropping lines in a lot of ponds this week
See ya on deck later this week!

Vossy

Bench
"we're a great bunch of mates who want to stay together"..

well if your club wasnt running a $5 million salary cap, you lot wouldnt be together

Since 73

First Grade
Most clubs do this and have been for a decade.
Just look at the clubs who lose players when SOO comes around and Those players have to sit out the preceeding week.
Teams like Rorters, Broncs and Melbourned have a skeleton team as 6 or 7 blokes are missing.

Broncs have only ever fielded a roster that was chock ful of internationals and SOO players.

Waldren has threatened to sing like a canary.
He ain't going down alone.

Will he be offered a lighter charge to keep his gob shut or do they want this exposed?

The penalty?
Not playing for points is too freakin' weird. It has harmed to whole comp.
Better to rub them out for the year and they sit on the sidelines. All teams who did or will play them just get 2 points.
If the guys in line for rep honours don't like it - stuff 'em.
Inglis can go fishing in his boat he got under the table if he likes.
They knew they were getting paid overs.

At the moment Storm will play good some weeks and not others.
they will rise for manly to affect them and not bust a gut in defence for others.

Thay cannot be allowed to take pay cuts.
That team ahs been assembled under illegal practices and would never have been that combination under the guidelines we have followed.

The success brings extra exposure and sponsorship dollars, tv appearances, premiership money, etc, which they wouldn't have gotten with a different roster so the pay cuts are not that effectual for the main offenders.

carcharias

Immortal
last few rounds of the season could see them chuck it all in if they have been getting beaten .

It is not a level playing feild when some teams lost to them prior to this .

jc155776

Coach
Thing is all the contracts were backloaded. They tested the waters each year seeing if they could away with it. So when they figured they could defer payments and keep it hidden they went for it.

Yes they may have trained and bred these youngsters, BUT they also did go out and buy some decent first graders as well to compliment them. St George have been losing juniors for years as has Parra, Canberra and Penrith.

They deserve everything they get. Teams beaten by the illegal roster should be given two points.

Quigs

Immortal
storm-1.jpg

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs