What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm want it the most this year

pantherz9103

First Grade
I wouldn't begrudge the Storm success this year because of what they've done in the past. Actually they are more entertaining to watch now than when they had their over the cap team. The Dragons are now like the Storm of a few years ago playing style wise.

JF_Henson_Hill

Juniors
I think they will go all the way this , they want it the most they have something to prove.

If slater , smith and cronk are there with no injuries we will see them in the grand final this year.

I'd rather not have threads like this to be frank. Would prefer to fly under the radar.;-)

BUT I have to say that the whole club HAS to prove to the whole world that we are a successful club NOT because of the salary cap breaches, but because of the tight knit playing group & because Craig Bellamy has the ability like no other to get the best out of both individual players and the team as a whole.

The fact that players like Beau Champion etc etc can slot into the side as if they have always been there is in my view proof that despite players leaving the Storm can rebound & regroup like no other club BECAUSE OF THE CULTURE OF ITS PLAYING GROUP (not its back office or owners:sick:).

Still there is a long way to go. The rep season will hurt us more than usual this year I feel (even if our mighty Thunderbolts are going great guns in the Toyota Cup! :cool:)

Go Storm. It is going to be a fun ride, that's for sure!

JF

JF_Henson_Hill

Juniors
they have a dream start to the season

first twelve rounds gives them 8 home games, a bye and only 3 away games.

the second half of the season with 9 road trips will tell us more about them.

Very true.

They get to get out of Melbourne when the weather here is at its worst. Such a tough life LOL

JF

some11

Referee
Boo hoo every rugby league fan got to see the greatest ever side that professional rugby league had ever seen (and probably will ever see), poor them :(

You really don't get it do you?

If the players didn't get the money they were after they go somewhere else.

In comes the cheating part - they get paid under the table and stay there.

They retained more players on big money than the cap allowed.

Cheating and they still lost to the Broncos 15-8 and Manly 40-0.

There is nothing you can say to refute this and you know it.

JF_Henson_Hill

Juniors
I wouldn't begrudge the Storm success this year because of what they've done in the past. Actually they are more entertaining to watch now than when they had their over the cap team. The Dragons are now like the Storm of a few years ago playing style wise.

I was thinking about that last night. Last year I understood why they never took the two when given a penalty in their opponents' half. The result oif games was an irrelevance, so the players could challenge themselves by ALWAYS going for the try.

The weird thing is that especially against the Titans & last night they were do exactly the same thing & going for it. Definitely great to see the players with such a deliberate statement in terms of their commitment to attack & score points!

I quipped last night that if you wanted to see a team take shots at goal & never go for the try, they should consider buying a Rebels membership! "Ciprianizzzzzzzzzz" :p

JF

Jason Maher

Immortal
Geez a bit early to be naming any team the Premiers elect. Good to see Butters still paddling along the world's longest river.

Knightmare

Coach
I would hate to see the Storm win the Premiership this year. I would hate to see a grubby little bitch like Slater and a slimy merkin like Smith with the Premiers medals around their necks, feeling that all their "We would have won the Premiership if we didn't get kicked out!" whining last year was somehow justified. It would be very sweet to see them get rolled in the finals by St George (who were the real deal last year) or in fact any team who abided by the salary cap.

stormbati

Bench
I would hate to see the Storm win the Premiership this year. I would hate to see a grubby little bitch like Slater and a slimy merkin like Smith with the Premiers medals around their necks, feeling that all their "We would have won the Premiership if we didn't get kicked out!" whining last year was somehow justified. It would be very sweet to see them get rolled in the finals by St George (who were the real deal last year) or in fact any team who abided by the salary cap.

You should be more worried about your club making the finals.

Eels Dude

Coach

i think when I look back on the past 10 years ther have been some hated premierships winners. The Roosters in '02, the Dragons last year, even the Knights on '01 beating my team. But yeah as much as I hate those sides, all those sides deserved those premierships without a shadow of a doubt. If the Storm won this year it would just be foul though.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Boo hoo every rugby league fan got to see the greatest ever side that professional rugby league had ever seen (and probably will ever see), poor them :(
:lol:

Ignore the cheating and the subsequent stripping and abolishment of their titles, and they'd still be at most the third best team of the last 20 years. Both Canberra and Brisbane have had better (Brisbane arguably two teams).

northwest9

Juniors
i feel sorry for the players that joined the club after the 09 GF.

these blokes went down there, innocent, and are now called scum and cheats by all and sundry.

many of them only to resurect thier careers, ie, woolnough, lowe, norrie, et al

then youve got the young blokes like duffie, oneil, widdop who are now branded cheats, when they were simply playing in the u20 comp when it all went down.

its like calling frank pritchard a rapist because hes now a bulldog.

Hutty1986

Immortal

I hope we play them in the finals and absolutely pump them.
Butters is obviously trolling, just ignore him :lol:

stormbati

Bench
i feel sorry for the players that joined the club after the 09 GF.

these blokes went down there, innocent, and are now called scum and cheats by all and sundry.

many of them only to resurect thier careers, ie, woolnough, lowe, norrie, et al

then youve got the young blokes like duffie, oneil, widdop who are now branded cheats, when they were simply playing in the u20 comp when it all went down.

its like calling frank pritchard a rapist because hes now a bulldog.
Well if they can cop it and still play well then I guess it makes them a little tougher mentally :)

GO STORM. let's all.....build a bridge....yay

Noa

First Grade
Like I said previously if we do win it this year all name calling shall cease and we get the titles back, only just & fair. Agreed

CMUX

Like I said previously if we do win it this year all name calling shall cease and we get the titles back, only just & fair. Agreed

No, I would think that if the Storm won the premiership Ian Schubert and co. would immediately be looking for a secret book or two. I imagine they would be particularly interested in how a team that had to shed 12 players or whatever it was (including Greg inglis) to even be eligible to play this season could then afford to sign Beau Champion.

Jason Maher

Immortal
As for building bridges, I'll happily build one, wait for the Storm to walk out onto it, and then blow it up! :p

Latest posts