What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stretch marks

Angry_eel

First Grade
Im getting stretch marks on my shoulders/upper chest area. How do you get rid of them? or how do you avoid them?

Valderon

Juniors
Im getting stretch marks on my shoulders/upper chest area. How do you get rid of them? or how do you avoid them?

They usually occur due to growing quite quickly; or, losing size quite quickly.

I have them on both anterior deltoids; and some on my hamstrings.

There are 'oils' out there which you are able to use which increase the elasticity of the skin - so that stretch marks don't occur - these same oils are meant to improve (reduce) the appearance of stretch marks as well.

Most guys wear them as a sign of pride in their building escapades though haha. Look into something called Bio-Oil (bio-oil.com); at most chemists or pharmacies. It's a similar concept to what pregnant women use during pregnancy to prevent stomach stretch-marks. Over time, any existing stretch marks will reduce in visibility.

Chook Herron

Juniors
Vitamin E cream or coco butter is meant to be used to prevent getting them. If you've aleady got them, they're a lot harder to get rid of. I used African Shea butter mixed with olive oil over a 6 month period and mine disappeared completely after trying a number of different other methods.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Yeah the trick is to use the oils, creams consistantly before the marks appear, otherwise you may get only 10% benefit from them if that

One of my cousins hides her tummy stretch marks (from having two kids) quite well by getting a tan. Really Camouflages the marks, though if you look closely they are there.

roopy

Referee
years ago - like 30 years ago - they used to have a product named ungvita made of lanolin and fish oil - that stuff reaked like a bucket of fish in the sun - but it was the most effective stuff you could use on geriatric skin to stop it breaking down, and was brilliant for most things skin related.
They still sell a product called ungvita, supposed to be for the same thing, but it's made of petroleum jelly and vitamin A and doesn't stink like a turkish bordello.
Not half as good though.

Valderon

Juniors
Well I started working my shoulders hard a while back so I would say its weight/muscle gain. Before this I had really skinny shoulders.

Yep! . That's where I got my stretch marks as well ... My shoulders respond very well to training; though after a longish period of inactivity, stretch marks occurred :-(

But hey! , They do begin to fade / decrease in size and colour!