What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuart MacGill

Doctor

Bench
El Duque said:
Great bowling by MacGill today v Victoria. 2/160 :roll:

2nd greatest run-chase in the 100+ year history of Shield Cricket - Hussey made 212* (218 balls) with Victoria compiling 455, all but three of these runs made on the final day.

MacGill also bowled 36 overs - expensive but so were all the other bowlers on a day that NSW wouldn't have seen coming.

El Diablo

Post Whore
MacGill going great in the 2nd innins v S.A. 0/93 off 13 :roll:

I won't be surprised if S.A. get the 500+ they need to win outright seeing they only need 294 more runs with 1 day and 32 overs left with 8 wickets in hand.

The Colonel

Immortal
They have slowed them up somewhat now. But the way that Lehmann was batting it wouldn't surprise........

El Diablo

Post Whore
Steve Waugh is not a very good captain. If they lose this it will be the 3rd time this year teams have chased massive totals to win. This has happened under his captaincy of Australia too.

I would've batted on a bit knowing that MacGill is a dud. I hate him even more after seeing him on 110% Tony Squires the other night.

Good to see The Great Man grab 4/51 against 2nd placed Tassie. If MacGill goes to Sri Lanka instead of Warne we will lose.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Waugh has lost the plot. He brought Pilon on to bowl the last over of the day. The bloody wicket keeper has never bowled a first class ball in his life yet Waugh wastes an over with him :?

He was a good player but was never a good captain.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Warney does have the better cricket brain - and he's always had success defending extremely SMALL totals.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
El Duque said:
Twizzle said:
After Stuey wore him down.

Belting him to the boundary must have that effect.

I agree Stuey's methonds may be a little unconventional.

A conventional bowler like Warnie, may have tried to bowl them out, but not our Stuey, he wore them down and NSW got up.

Gotta love the Stumiester.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Stuey does it for NSW 2 days in a row.

4 wickets in the ING and 4 in the Pura cup.

He's a legend our Stuey