What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuart new Aussie coach, Murray new NSW coach

sunny

Ricky Stuart just announced as new Aussie coach, with Graham Murray to replace him as NSW Origin coach. Source : 2GB

innsaneink

Referee
sunny said:
Ricky Stuart just announced as new Aussie coach, with Graham Murray to replace him as NSW Origin coach. Source : 2GB

That was quick if this is true, I thought I read they'd wait and take their time, anyway Im quite happy with both these appointments if true.
Just hope they start selecting on current form.

according to foxsports.com.au it is between Stewart and Bellamy, with an announcement not expected until next year, so who knows how accurate 2gb is

The Colonel

Immortal
Stuart appointed new Kangaroos coach
December 12, 2005 - 3:24PM

Ricky Stuart has been appointed coach of the Australian rugby league team coach for 2006.

His appointment was announced by the Australian Rugby League (ARL).

The Sydney Roosters mentor replaces Wayne Bennett who resigned on Friday in the wake of the Tri Nations series final loss to New Zealand.

ARL chairman Colin Love said Stuart would step down from his current representative role as NSW State of Origin coach with North Queensland Cowboys coach Graham Murray taking over that job.

© 2005 AAP

http://smh.com.au/news/Sport/Stuart-appointed-new-Kangaroos-coach/2005/12/12/1134235989329.html

PARRA_FAN

Coach
And Geoff Carr said they were gonna wait until the season started.

In 3 years Stuart wouldve coach Country, then New South Wales, then Australia. Whats next? :?

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Kiwi said:
Does this mean Cross will get a call up?

perhaps monaghan will get a start, and fitzgibbon will play out his career in the green and gold.

Im happy for muzza if he gets the blues job though

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Ghoulies said:
Yeah, because he had such a poor Tri-nations. :roll:

He wasn't making reference to Tate's perfomance - he was relating to Ricky's wanker-based selection process.

Misty Bee

First Grade
I have no problems with ricky Stuart as a coach.

I do have a problem with the ARL appointing a head coach who wants to clip international League so his club doesn't have 'burned out' players.

Wayne Bennet also spoke ofplayer burnout - yet he promoted the Tri Series. Yet 2 weeks ago, Stuart was advocating cancellation of the next Tri Series. So his appointment is sort of like letting an anti smoker run a tobacconist.

Ghoulies

Bench
dodge said:
He wasn't making reference to Tate's perfomance - he was relating to Ricky's wanker-based selection process.
If so, then I apologise. Though it seemed to me he was referring to WB's bias as the only factor keeping Tate in the Aussie side.

Mr Saab

Referee
PARRA_FAN said:
In 3 years Stuart wouldve coach Country, then New South Wales, then Australia. Whats next? :?

take your pick.
Yankees
Lakers
Red Wings
Colts
Dream Team
Real Madrid
Man U
Socceroos.

Steel Dragon

Bench
It should be a nice change to have a younger coach of the roos squad - with a bit of luck Stuart will bring in a few new fresh faces and cut back some dead wood.

Good to see Muzz get a bit of recognition too - I hope he does well.

But the day Brett Finch makes the Australian team, I will renounce my Australian citizenship!

Steelers4eva

Juniors
dodge said:

Exactly Dodge, Wouldn't be surprised to see Freddy or Ricko get a call up from retirement ;-) He managed to poach Anasta during this years SOO series so I wonder who Ricky will get his sticky mitts on next! Which of the Kangaroos are due off contract at the end of this season?

Fairfax

Juniors
dodge said:

And Tate deseved to be in the side after his season? You've got to be kidding.