What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuart should get his own house in order - Bellamy

Frailty

First Grade
I honestly don't think it was any sort of gamesmanship from Stuart and as I said Bellamy making an issue out of nothing. If anything, it is Bellamy using gamesmanship and getting his team fired up.

I just hope the Sharks turn up to play on Friday. Looking forward to it.

camsmith

Juniors
But the Sharks players didn't do a tackle like Smith did.
Smith's tackle was out of line,that is why he was suspended.
You don't f**king go for the head of a player and rip it backward when he's already being pushed another way.

God it's so simple.

What about Smiths round 1 tackle that he got charged for? All the tackles in the photo's that came with the article are the same if not worse than Smiths rd1 tackle and they get nothing?

What a load of crap. Still photos? people complain about slow motion distorting the truth and yet 6 Cronulla players should've been suspended on the evidence of still photos?

At least show video of each incident so people can judge the tackles on their merit.

They haven't yet invented paper that can display video images. When they do im sure videos can be added to newspapers.

Last edited:

Evolution

Juniors
wow bellamy released 6 photos of our boys doin a grapple, i bet you could get 6 photos a half in storm games

Did you look at the pretty pictures and stop there or just miss this bit?

Here is another interesting statistic. Of incidents involving unnecessary contact with the head and/or neck, over the last seven rounds of the season, we had nine tackles flagged by the match review committee. Cronulla had 18.

Now who is the team full of dirty tacklers again?

Last edited:

camsmith

Juniors
At the end of the day though, regardless of how many other clubs may do it ... The Storm have been warned for 2 years to stop this kind of tackle, and their players continued to do it.

The fact that Smith may miss a chance to be a double premiership captain is simply his own fault. They were warned over and over. Maybe now they will finally heed the call to cut this sh*t out of their game.

When will the Tigers cut the sh*t out of their game? :roll:

Wests Tigers were reviewed 20 times for wrestling tackles around the head ahead of South Sydney (19) and the Bulldogs (17). After Melbourne (16) came the Sydney Roosters and Canberra (both 15).

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/sport/nrl/story/0,26746,24108887-5016377,00.html

Mesage for the Storm bitches having a cry. Eat sh*t and die. The game is tomorrow, thats all that matters now. You cannot change whats happened, so why dont you focus on the game, not a couple of Coaches using their media outlets to bitch slap each other.

Ice777

Bench

Younge

Juniors
I honestly don't think it was any sort of gamesmanship from Stuart and as I said Bellamy making an issue out of nothing. If anything, it is Bellamy using gamesmanship and getting his team fired up.

I just hope the Sharks turn up to play on Friday. Looking forward to it.

I'm not sure you can say he's making an issue out of nothing. Stuart's comments on their own may not amount to much, however, I think Bellamy is reacting to the relentless attack on the Storm's tackling technique druing the finals campaign.

We hear this sort of stuff during the season but it has really stepped up now that we're at the business end of the season. The problem with this attack is that it is mainly opinion and emotion and people are dredging up whatever they can find to prove their case. Whenever we see footage of a Storm player contacting around the head it's a grapple whereas when the roles are reversed it is out of context or selective.

As for this argument that the Storm have introduced all these illegal tackles and ruined the game, I haven't seen any facts that actually back that assertion. I'm sure someone will show me a Storm player grabbing around the neck or performing a chicken-wing and I'll bet I can find something similar in footage that pre-dated Bellamy or even the Storm itself.

Do people actually think that one of the most astute coaches in the competition actually instructs his team to choke or maim other players? Or is it more plausible that he has coached them to control the ruck which involves the use of wrestling techniques.

Faaarrrrrkkkk. The Coaches must be the ones brought to account. If the NRL want to get serious, and they should, they should BAN all wrestling coaches and put in place rules that enables coaches to be fined if teams / players continue this bullshyte in the game.

Accidents happen and will happen. These need to be looked at case by case and decisions made if its careless contact etc, but FFS bring the coaches and clubs to task. These player in all clubs are using the tactics the coaching staff instill in them. It's not all the players fault.

Get serious NRL

jc155776

Coach
So up until round 20 the sharks had only had 9 tackles looked at, and now, Ballamy CLAIMS, (no other evidence backing this hack up) that we have had 18 looked at in the last 7 rounds alone?

Seems stupid. Seems like a lie. Seems like a coach trying to deflect attention from his own scummy team and tactics.

We have the high ground.

Go f**k yourself Melbourne.

Tomorrow night your scummy team goes home with their tails between their legs.

jc155776

Coach
0,,6174485,00.jpg

Oh yeah, the sharks really need investigating...

Dickheads.

Evolution

Juniors
Stuart seems to like talking to the media about tackles so why has he not come out to defend his team from the claim if it were untrue?

jc155776

Coach
Comment on the f**ken disparity between Belly aches bullsh*t and a recent tabulation of investigated grapples.

pnub

Juniors
0,,6267731,00.jpg

THE Melbourne Storm is a club that would prefer to leave what happens on the field out there. It is something we pride ourselves on. If something needs to be scrutinised then we let the authorities at the NRL deal with it.
This week is different though.
There has been an endless amount of agenda-driven opinion circulating both publicly and privately about one incident. The club and in particular one player, Cameron Smith, have had their credibility brought into question once again in the wake of our win over Brisbane.
We would have preferred to have left things as they were - that's out on the field - but, with people working in the background, staining Cameron's credibility as well as the Storm's, it's time to say enough is enough.
In some respects the comments from Ricky Stuart earlier this week, where he called on the judiciary to ban Cameron, forced our hand.
I've got no problem with Ricky having an opinion. It's healthy to have one.
But perhaps he'd want to take a look in his own backyard before casting aspersions at others.
With the stones he has thrown at Cameron he might want to buy a brick house.
Here is the photographic evidence that explains what I am talking about. Now, it's fine to say these are still-frame shots, that any tackle can be made to look ordinary in slow motion.
But if you have a look at these tackles in normal time by Cronulla players you can see they all put pressure on the head and/or neck of the ball carrier in every instance.
Whether they are deliberate, accidental or somewhere in between I don't know, but the evidence is there.
Here is another interesting statistic. Of incidents involving unnecessary contact with the head and/or neck, over the last seven rounds of the season, we had nine tackles flagged by the match review committee. Cronulla had 18.
Yesterday, my assistant coach Steve Kearney was told by the match reviewer from our game last Saturday that Brisbane should have been penalised four times for grapple tackles. The same could be said about most teams from most games over the weekend.
Yet we seem to be the only club that is ever spoken about with regards to it.
It should be fair enough then that we feel as though we're more heavily scrutinised by match officials than other teams in that part of the game - particularly when the media spotlight is so heavily focused on us.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/sport/nrl/story/0,26746,24399344-5016365,00.html

May be hard for you to understand but that says LAST 7 rounds of the season and with the exception of the two tackles against manly all tose pictures are from after round 20.
That sheet your showing is PRE round 20... Is it really that hard to understand?

Latest posts