What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestions Thread for Next Year's Version

Nuke

Staff member
I haven't read the majority of this thread. I dare say there will be a few people like me - 19 pages would test my patience!

Anyway, something I'd love to see included in Rugby League 2 is a) the ability to save replays, & b) the option to show a replay at any time of the game.

I've got little doubt that these ideas would already have been suggested (possibly many times), but that's what I'd like in RL2.

I can't wait for it!

Dragon

Coach
Yep, saving replays is a great feature. One example is Pro Evolution soccer, ive got lots of replays of some freakish goals.

Another thing would that would be great if you could get a replay of the whole game. Some ppl might ask why, but id love to watch replays of my online games. It can really help you figure out what you did wrong, and we could all enjoy some good matches against other forumers :D (espescially if there are online rankings) ;)

I dont think it would be too hard to implement.

ghoti

Bench
Main problem for console would be memory card space for replays. If we're gonna save entire game replays we might be looking at a new memory card or two for PS2. Also, for online play, I'd like to see headset compatibility, perhaps with pressing select allowing speech time...but I really do think that a save replay feature is vitally important. I had so much fun saving replays in ARL 96 and showing them to mates. Some of the glitches in RL1 would be great to show people.

Dragon

Coach
True, wasnt thinking of the memory card issue..

I just got the idea from Warcraft 3, after an online game you can choose to save the replay of the match, have a geez at what you did wrong then try and change your game plan. Would be very cool for a sports game to implement this imo.

Matt M

Juniors
Nuke said:
I haven't read the majority of this thread. I dare say there will be a few people like me - 19 pages would test my patience!

Anyway, something I'd love to see included in Rugby League 2 is a) the ability to save replays, & b) the option to show a replay at any time of the game.

I've got little doubt that these ideas would already have been suggested (possibly many times), but that's what I'd like in RL2.

I can't wait for it!

Not with THAT attitude! :D

Matt M

Juniors
I don't think I could ever be bothered to go back and look at what I did wrong or something, its just a game. I know some people might do it but I don't understand why.

ByRd

First Grade
Please include ALTERNATE jeresey's in this game, for example: the bulldogs 70th year anniversary jersey & PLEASE PLEASE make player stats out of 100, not 10.

Phillips

Referee
i like the button for field goals....but i think they improve it, eg. when in the matrix mode the player turns around & defenders always rush up too fast

broncos4eva

Juniors
not sure if this has been mentioned also but i would love for the ability for the user to be able to choose just what jersey you would like your tea mto be wearing and possibly the opposition just like in FIFA....maybe Mario could confirm or something some of the suggestions put forward on here? Also, is VIDEO REF included???

Phillips

Referee
probably been said, but replays like on FIFA where you can view a replay anytime in the game.

eg. if you do a big hit, you can choose to replay it straight away

Theres gotta be some kind of 'energy' metre for the players so you know how much energy they have remaining before they need to be substitued - this was quite annoying in the first version as you never really knew how tired your players were.

Phillips

Referee
not sure if this has been mentioned or will be part of the game...but

when in franchise mode, and rep games come up you could pick the teams and possibly play them in rep games eg.

say there was the State of Origin coming up and i wanted to play with NSW, i could pick the players (Grothe, Gasnier, Hindmarsh etc etc) and play with that team.

same as for test matches...

Paullyboy

Coach
have you guys that keep suggesting fights played the NHL games? If you had I cant imagine why you'd still want fights. They are funny at first, but after about 2 or 3 become soooooooooo bloody annoying because it interrupts the flow of the game a lot.

Monkey

Juniors
instead of actual fights,what about when theres a high tackle or something, a bit of a cut scene like pro evo where theres some pushing and the option is there to swing a punch. , Referee see's you, u go for 10, S/Off or whatever.

Not saying its a great idea but its more realistic compared to full on fights.

Latest posts