What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestions Thread for Next Year's Version

ripper

-JJ- said:
ripper73 said:
That way SIDHE can tap into the bottemless pit thats knowen as EA's Money Stash to make the kick ass League game of the century.

Remember Rugby 2004? Developed by HB Studios, published by EA Sports.

HB definitely do not have a bottemless pit of money. They are an external developer, the same would go for Sidhe. Games such as Madden, Fifa and NBA Live would all be internal, and therefore recieve a hell of a lot more money than HB does.

But that was because Rugby hasn't proven it can sell, but Stacey Jones Rugby League has. The More copies a game sells, the bigger the budget

ripper

beerboy said:
EA should be coming to Mario on hands and knees

Why would they? Madden alone probaly reels in enough $$$ to let the Ea Team retire at the age of 5 for the next 10 generations

umosay

Juniors
-training sessions, but a bit diff to other games... during the season you train, like between games... at the home teams empty stadium. and you set drills or something along those lines.

-networking

Rockn

Juniors
ripper73 said:
beerboy said:

Why would they? Madden alone probaly reels in enough $$$ to let the Ea Team retire at the age of 5 for the next 10 generations

Because if they take this game on they could retire at 3!!!!!!!!!!

ripper

Rockn said:
ripper73 said:
beerboy said:

No It wouldn't, the amount of profit Madden reeks in will be 10 times as much as this

ghoti

Bench
Erhan said:
With the SOO being mid season, perhaps the computer could pick the team based on how good your team is going. For example, you have 4 Queeslanders and they've got excellent stats so the computer picks all four and they won't be available for selection in the next game you play. You can also choose to play SOO or simulate it if you just want to concentrate on the premiership. This would make it harder for the user if they are going well just like in real life and would be really easy to implement aswell.

I like this idea, but I think I can expand on it. SIDHE can do what Yukes did with the Smackdown series in turning the NRL Franchise mode into a season style mode. You start off getting the job as coach for whatever team you want from the NRL or ESL and manage your team, create moves (see the create your own set plays part of my original post), work on your style of attack and defence, which, essentially, is altering the AI of your defence to tell it where to go. For example, you could have a one-on-one mark up style of defence similar to the Roosters, the Umbrella defence or sliding defence. If you're team is playing well, a member from NSWRL or QRL could approach you mid-season and ask if you'd like to be NSW/QLD State of Origin coach. You could accept and leave your club for a couple of weeks while you work on SOO, leaving your team up to your asisstant coach or stay on with your club. The same goes with Test matches, City VS Country, War of the Roses, etc. If you perform poorly you may be sacked from your job, ending the game or you could get an offer from an ESL club or vice versa, or an offer from a lesser club. A lot of these things could be done through cut-scenes, Smackdown style, where you are offered jobs from in-game characters. If you have problems with a player's behaviour, you could sit them down and have a chat with a CG character...the options are endless.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Max01 said:
Erhan said:
With the SOO being mid season, perhaps the computer could pick the team based on how good your team is going. For example, you have 4 Queeslanders and they've got excellent stats so the computer picks all four and they won't be available for selection in the next game you play. You can also choose to play SOO or simulate it if you just want to concentrate on the premiership. This would make it harder for the user if they are going well just like in real life and would be really easy to implement aswell.

I like this idea, but I think I can expand on it. SIDHE can do what Yukes did with the Smackdown series in turning the NRL Franchise mode into a season style mode. You start off getting the job as coach for whatever team you want from the NRL or ESL and manage your team, create moves (see the create your own set plays part of my original post), work on your style of attack and defence, which, essentially, is altering the AI of your defence to tell it where to go. For example, you could have a one-on-one mark up style of defence similar to the Roosters, the Umbrella defence or sliding defence. If you're team is playing well, a member from NSWRL or QRL could approach you mid-season and ask if you'd like to be NSW/QLD State of Origin coach. You could accept and leave your club for a couple of weeks while you work on SOO, leaving your team up to your asisstant coach or stay on with your club. The same goes with Test matches, City VS Country, War of the Roses, etc. If you perform poorly you may be sacked from your job, ending the game or you could get an offer from an ESL club or vice versa, or an offer from a lesser club. A lot of these things could be done through cut-scenes, Smackdown style, where you are offered jobs from in-game characters. If you have problems with a player's behaviour, you could sit them down and have a chat with a CG character...the options are endless.

i like that idea but im not sure that it will get done
for the next version ill be happy with a decent 5-10 season club mode

London donkey

Juniors
How about including the Nz, France and lower English leagues, with more stadiums, promotion and relegation and a world cup mode.

Anyway sod madden their best seller has to be Fifa as football is by far the most poular game we rarely see madden games in europe as no-one cares about american football outside of north america

StHelens

Juniors
I've got a great idea for the next game...... get it released on bloody time! And scrap Alternative Software for the UK publishers, they aren't arsed bout it one bit. :roll:

Changa

Juniors
I had an idea which i thought might work. From dummy half u could either take a hit up or pass it out to the backline using either R1/R2 L1/L2 with forwards lined up next to the play the ball area. Ud press either 4 of these buttons,triangle which would go straight to the dummy half, square which would dart left from dummy half, o which would dart right from dummy half then x for sprint. But these plays must be pressed while the tackled players getting up to play the ball-that way forwards can get a run up on hit ups. I reckon this would definately work.

Changa

Juniors
Oh yea, thats where I got it from...still consider myself an ideas man though(seen the castle too many times). But i reckon it would work with league, specially with the forwards running onto the ball and seein the halves would be available due to the hooker at dummy half.

beerboy

Juniors
ripper73 said:
Rockn said:
ripper73 said:
beerboy said:

No It wouldn't, the amount of profit Madden reeks in will be 10 times as much as this

yeah but big buisness are greedy and are always looking of another way to earn a buck

beerboy

Juniors
Max01 said:
Erhan said:

sounds like Chris Anderson

Anonymous

Juniors
First of all iron out the minor bugs mentioned in other threads here.

Make sure the clock stops for shots a goal.
Make sure you can fully edit teams before and during matches (if only so you can swap their squad positions, or swap the positions of two players in the starting line-up)

SP

Bench
sorry if this has been said, but i wouldnt mind seeing the QLD cup premiers and also the Jim beam cup premiers in the game, maybe as unlockable features

beerboy

Juniors
MUST INCLUDE
SECRET UNLOCKABLE CHARACTERS

Matt Johns
Reg Reagan
Trent the Flight Steward

and other Footy Show Stars

Nads the Dog :lol:

Le Rouge

Juniors
The King himself Ray 'Rabs' Warren should commentate. No discredit to vossy but you wanna hear rabs get excited.

and have at least 2 commentators