What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestions Thread for Next Year's Version

Phillips

Referee
better stats please, especially goal kicking stats

Ronald Prince, Corey Parker, Evarn Tuimavave can all kick goals but there stats for that a SHIT

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Love your sig too Shaun

lol, cheers.

wouldnt mind have all the names of the full squad bein voiced for.

Dally M at the end of the season, have like a big stage and a big lounge, the players would be in tux's or something. As they go through nominations, they should a few good plays that player has done.

Have a trophy display type so you can see your career glorys

Have a captains shoot for th e 8. Have the captains like on the field take the photo and that image gets put in your trophy display.

Shots of coach's definately.

Have free-agents section as well, so released players this year eg Webster can be up for grabs for next year.

Warriors music could be Run like the wind or Just a matter of faith.

doovepop

Juniors
holden halftime

different kicking options
banana kicks
torpedos
kicks to wing
ankle tap button (not animation)
training mode
make every team different (differnt strategy plans)
queensland rugby league
alot better ai
shoulder charge button
you could have a mini map of the field in the start menu
and u command how far your player drops back for a field goal
and everything else other people have said
better music

Magpie Nick

Juniors
Ronaldo77 said:
Pitch markings - why dont the SL stadiums have the 10,20,30etc. markings on the pitch in competition mode? The NRL ones do.
#

The ESL don't have pitch markings...

I think search mode for when you are editting teams. Search would allow to bring up the exact player(s).

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Rolling weather. A game can start off fine and sunny, but the wind can pick up and it can cloud over and rain.

Or it can rain at the start of a game, fine up at the 20min mark and just be a bit slippery.

Martli

Coach
Don't know if it's already been said yet, but when SOO rolls up, have heaps of hype before the game, footy show characters discussing possible tactics etc. comprehensive team lists before the game with the option to skip it out if desired.

Jono078

Referee
After Playing WCR for ages. I would really hope they also make a NRL game. But none the less Im 99% sure Sidhe will do a great sequel.

doovepop

Juniors
if they have the salary cap in the game i think they should put the 90 seconds timer on the goal kicking and if you go over it you get penalised $3000 or what ever it is.

Good idea about the cap. Training mode is a definate must. I like the idea of differant tackles, such as shoulder charge, rather then just agressive ones. It would be good to see things like that with the tackles, to say that a shoulder charge has a 20% chance of knocking the ball out when the player hits, but a 50% acuracy rate of actually hitting, etc. Also, when you have a player in your grips before he's held, it would be good if using the arrow keys you could chose which way to fling him down - would work wonders near the sideline.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
One on one strips.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and the ball carrier gets away from the tackler.

Sometimes there might be two in the tackle.

Red Bear

Referee
Songs is a great idea(when doing a custom team you could chose song n coach). Songs also play when you win.

Create a Ground - similar to create a park in Tony Hawk, you can chose the shape of the ground, what style of stands to put in at various areas, where to put a hill etcZ(and make a tree to put in). This would be a great option.

nz_novacastrian

Juniors
I dunno if anyones mentioned it, or it might just be me but on the last tackle a forward always seems to get it! I dunno if theres a way to prevent that but it'd be good if the designated in game kicker was there to take it

Another suggestion.

I think there should be a stamina bar at the top of the screen that shows how tired the opposition side is.

This would bring forwards into the game alot more. If you could see the damage forward run after forward run was making you would be more inclined to play the NRL game as the real game of Rugby League is played. Once the opposition starts to get tired, you then unleash your backs and attacking players.

A stamina bar would also give you an indication about when you need to substitue players.

Its an easy to add suggestion, and one I think would add alot to the game.

nospam49 said:
Another suggestion.

I think there should be a stamina bar at the top of the screen that shows how tired the opposition side is.

This would bring forwards into the game alot more. If you could see the damage forward run after forward run was making you would be more inclined to play the NRL game as the real game of Rugby League is played. Once the opposition starts to get tired, you then unleash your backs and attacking players.

A stamina bar would also give you an indication about when you need to substitue players.

Its an easy to add suggestion, and one I think would add alot to the game.

Great idea!

Red Bear

Referee
Diferent stats instead of just fitness when creating players. Should be split up into their stamina and how injury prone they are(if any others are applicable say so).

Also agree that when creating a player you should be able to specify what position they should be playing eg halfback/hooker.

Also, should have a metres gained stat so we can see how many metres your forwards have made.

Go_The_Sharks

Juniors
I think all these ideas are great but we all know that they aren't going to happen. Its too much. So there should be two games. A manager version with the franchising and all that managing, coaching stuff. Then a normal game with good gameplay.Thats the only possible way to fit all that stuff in. The company that made the rugby league game aren't that good. They won't be able to fit all that into one game. Unless EA comes along and helps them, which is possible because EA made a rugby league game years back. ARL 96 rugby league.

Latest posts