What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sulky Wayne

oneguy

Juniors
Bennett sore grapes - nothing new. Pathetic and disgraceful.

Whether Hayne was concussed - who knows? Was he OK to jump back up from that tackle? I don't think so. His head was poorly positioned and he got steam rolled.

Still a gutsy tackle - absolutely courageous - great tackle Jarryd.

eelsta

Bench
Wayne Bennett should be charged with impersonating someone with a personality if you ask me.....

strider

Post Whore
For the first time I watched the after match press conference tonight. (btw - this is not another jarryd hayne thread)

Wayne Bennet :lol: ...... I give him 9.5/10 for entertainment value ...... he sits there like a 200 yr old stunned mullet most of it, but for some reason its hilarious :lol: .... he looks like someone's poor old grandfather on deaths door

For the first 7 questions he answers with either a one word answer or the question repeated .... no journo can get boo out of him.

Then they keep throwing him bait and find a topic he wants to talk about (tonight was jarryd) and he suddenly pipes up :lol:

And then Hages gets in there and the journos start baiting "Wayne said jarryd laid down" - "Petro said he milked it" :crazy: .... good on Hages for not taking the bait ..... maybe the media wanted another blue out the back afterwards :lol:

strider

Post Whore
Macca_ said:
That doesn't mean he's supposed to get straight back up and in the defensive line though. Also doesn't mean he stayed down to slow the play like Bennett is suggesting.
I'm not saying he stayed down to intentionally stop play .... but the way it panned out wasn't too flash

and I don't blame the broncos for saying something about it cos it had a real impact on the game - and the media certainly made sure they got something to print

wayne has been outspoken about this stuff before - its not like he's just out to get jarryd

Macca_

Coach
strider said:
I'm not saying he stayed down to intentionally stop play ....
Yes but Bennett is and he said he "has a problem" with the player. He's not a doctor and he's had a shot a guys character publicly and accused him of lying down. That's where the problem is.

Hurriflatch

Referee
The hit obviously shook him up and he needed attention just to make sure everything was all right but it wasn't as bad as it was made out to be and play should've continued.

ParraAds

Juniors
Wayne Bennett is a bloke who has a lot of my respect and admiration for what he has done in Rugby League.

But to make comments like those tonight, is bordering on insanity. The facts of the matter are:
- Hayne was steamrolled by a considerably larger man front on directly to the head. If anyone has encountered this (and I have personally) you know that it is not a good feeling. Whether or not he was 'knocked out' in the true sense of the term is irrelevant, players lay on the ground following injuries regardless of their consiousness.

- Thaiday dropped the ball anyway.
- The referee could have allowed play to continue.

Wayne Bennett needs to give himself an uppercut. He coaches the games biggest grub (Hodges) week in week out and yet he thinks factors like those that transpired tonight are bringing the game into disripute.

In a game where we barely received a penalty and bombed a couple of good scoring chances Bennett should be thrilled with the fact we didnt put 40 on them.

Jarryd Hayne is a footballer who makes our game great, but after losing tonight and seeing what Hayne can do to Tate, Hodges, Hunt etc in origin perhaps it's little wonder that Bennett is sick of the sight of him.

StEely Matt

Juniors
PARRA_FAN said:
I thought Moi Moi made contact, legally.

but it just annoyed me after the replay Daley's comments straight after "well that was late, shouldve been a penalty.

Since when was he on the Broncos bandwagon. :roll:

Mate, Daley is on the any-other-team-but-Parra bandwagon! After eceiving all my DVDs from MITS over here in London and listening to Laurey dribble on... he just will not give Parra any credit!

StEely Matt

Juniors
By the way.. can someone post the last picture from the SMH website of Benny with his nose... it says "Joel Reddy" but its actually Benny... great shot!

pazzaeel

Juniors
In the end, it was the ref who blew time off. people go down all the time and get back up about 20 seconds later. the ref jumped the gun.

dazeely

First Grade
big call from Bennett. The ref made the right decision. IMO Jared would have been hurt instantly (shocked more than anything).

But yes he didn't look as bad as initially thought (to Haynes surprise no doubt as well).

Have no doubt he exagerated the injury a little more than it was but it was no where near in the same category as the Gallen incident. He didn't take a dive or anything. The trainer probably told him to buy time, get your breath back etc.... That has been a part of the game for a long long time. No where near as bad as was made out by Bennett & Petro

dazeely

First Grade
Hurriflatch said:
The hit obviously shook him up and he needed attention just to make sure everything was all right but it wasn't as bad as it was made out to be and play should've continued.

totally agree but I don't think Jared even knew straight away if or how badly he was hurt. The ref had no choice especially considering where Jared was laying.

The players health comes first and fore-most. They are not doctors.

cirque

Juniors
I had quite big respect for Wayne - but the way he suggested. I am quite filthy about him. I think he has lost the respect I had for him. I mean how can you say something like that. I think we have problem in the game here. In fact Wayne Pierce was only one who was defending Jarryd not even Brandy or Gordy. This is quite disgusting. Tomorrow if someone really concussed - we should start questioning about his motives. This is really sucks....

hybrideel

Bench
i think its a load of crap. is it not possible that you can get stunned without being completely knocked out?

dazeely

First Grade
i dont think he took a dive, he was certainly steamrolled pretty good. Personally i think he kind of "expected" to be hurt more than he turned out to be, he got layed out and i think he might have been lying there thinking "sh*t, whats the damage?" before realising he wasnt all that bad at all, just a bit groggy.

spot on imo. ffs there was no dive.