What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suncorp Stadium on Fire

Dutchy

Immortal
T20 and ODI's should be moved from QLD. What QLDers are going to want to spend money on cricket with this going on, let alone even get there.

Slackboy72

Coach
I suspect that this will take months to clean up and repair. I suspect we may see some games moved to Robina.
But that's hardly a major concern right now. Unless, that is, you work for the Courier Mail.

Dutchy

Immortal
I'm sure the greedy bastards at ticketek or whoever will refund them considering the circumstances.

westie

Bench
T20 and ODI's should be moved from QLD. What QLDers are going to want to spend money on cricket with this going on, let alone even get there.

I would have thought a distraction in the form of national culture and tradition would be the absolute best thing for them. I know if something like this happened to me, a game of footy would be a great boost to the spirits.

Canard

Immortal
Clearly shows Lang Park being partially inundated, so pretty good predictions there.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Clearly shows Lang Park being partially inundated, so pretty good predictions there.

the modelling will work off the contours of the land, and it's approximation to sea level..

predicting where a flood will go is pretty easy..

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Must say the BCC maps are proving very accurate, that said they should be.

Makes me feel safe.

The wife is bugging to go for drive and film some stuff, have resisted.

10mins in any direction (jindalee-oxley-inala) are under.

applesauce

Bench
314799-suncorp-stadium-under-water.jpg

Holy sh*t!

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Will only get worse, 4am tomorrow will be bad.

My mother in law is currently doing chemo treatment, the sort of thing you cannot miss, took my wife 3 hours to get to the PA, usually a 20 minute drive, had to way south to get there.

Timbo

Staff member
This will stuff the turf and the drainage, not to mention I imagine repairing the electrical damage to the stadium will be a low priority.

I'll be very suprised if the Broncos are playing their early matches there.

applesauce

Bench
I am getting up early tomorrow and heading to Kangaroo Point for some photos and then see if I can help out.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
canard - predicting where the flood will reach is easy..

its stopping the water that brings us unstuck..