What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suncorp Stadium on Fire

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Thanks Loudy, she got there and had her treatment, skeleton staff at the PA, it is just hard to get too, the wife will have go again tomorrow.

Never been so proud to be in QLD.

griffo346

First Grade
They just said on sky news that were suncorp stadium is .... its not a low lying area its pretty hilly there and to be the height it is im like wow

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
on the bright side, it may improve the taste of that beer..

innsaneink

Referee
This will stuff the turf and the drainage, not to mention I imagine repairing the electrical damage to the stadium will be a low priority.

I'll be very suprised if the Broncos are playing their early matches there.
Naah mate timtom made the call this morning, they'll be sweet...though looking at pictures on tv it looks like waters in the sub-section of the stadium, dressing rooms, maintenance, electrical etc and all sorts of other sh*t there I dare say

griffo346

First Grade
229943-suncorp-stadium.jpg

outside the stadium

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Just saw pictures of Lang Park I would say if the seat start at A, the water is up to seat L.

Milton is pretty much under water, the XXXX factory still OK but might take on water @ the 4am peak it is the highest point in Milton.

Slackboy72

Coach
I think this would be a good opportunity to turn the Bronco's v Titans derby into a volunteers or emergency services day sort of like we have the Dragons v Roosters on ANZAC day. Hell considering how much league is part of the lifeblood and culture of Qld we probably should have a whole round. Or a month.

chefman21

Juniors
Another thing that crossed my mind is are they going to have to sanitise the whole place before playing? Including the grass? Wouldn't want to get an open cut on a sewerage affected area.

BearsForever

Juniors
Another thing that crossed my mind is are they going to have to sanitise the whole place before playing? Including the grass? Wouldn't want to get an open cut on a sewerage affected area.

There could be significant structural damage to the stadium. A whole rebuild may be necessary!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
There could be significant structural damage to the stadium. A whole rebuild may be necessary!

i doubt this...

when constructing a building of that magnatude, in that location, with what they know after the '74 floods, it would be constructed to withstand the waters..

hell, have a look at the bridges in the brisbane river.. they are being hit with tremendous force by both the running water and all the debris such as boats and cars.. and they are standing...

even the old stand stayed up after the 74 floods...

its not the end of the world... its just a really nasty & sad situation... we have been through this before, we will go through it again...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Shut up BearsForever, you're embarrassing.

www.twitter.com/Todd_Greenberg

Todd Greenberg has announced that a joint initiative of the four western Sydney NRL clubs - Penrith, Parramatta, WT and Canterbury will be working in SE QLD communities where needed and is negotiating with authorities as to where they are required with relief efforts.

manly40gimps0

Juniors
I doubt it, once the water subsides they'll pump out the water in the lower areas and clean up the mess. That amount of water wouldn't damage a structure like that. unfortunately.

Latest posts