What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunday Roast

Brutus

Referee
I am now completely uninterested in all of the football shows shown on Channel 9.

They have ruined the lot of them. Even the Sunday Footy Show is pathetic now with both Fittler and Johns on there.

Bring on Ch 10.

I am now completely uninterested in all of the football shows shown on Channel 9.

This.

I used to look forward to the Sunday NRL shows because the Thursday footy shows sucked but now Channel 9 have lost me as a viewer after that 2 hour train wreck.

I really don't know what they're thinking.

DC_fan

Coach
Nine is going to make use of Voss with the Olympics. Be interesting to see if he sticks around after that.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Show is pointless without Voss and to a lesser extent MG.

Gould too. Voss is missed because he was prepared and knew his stuff (ESL too), MG because he'd say whatever was on his mind (like the dreams he had that made Gus lose it).

There was a chemistry between them, and even with Matty Johns it still worked well.

This year its a random bunch of idiots with no history together.

TheRam

Coach
Talk about ruining everything associated with league. Their management is a disgrace.

BranVan3000

Coach
Really hope 10 doesn't just clean out 9 of the Football but takes their few good presenters with them. I can't imagine Gould and Sterling are happy with the way things are, the way both of them consistently reduce their media roles on 9

The Roast was great last year, I always looked forward to seeing it. What I saw today was a joke. The panel today mixed about as well as oil and water. Every single segment ended in an awkward silence, you just had to laugh

eozsmiles

Bench
Footy players make garbage hosts. And non footy players find it hard to get respect from fans and players.

Voss wasn't the most popular bloke but he is an absolute footy tragic. He could tell you who is on the bench for the Bulldogs u/20s and who were the fresh reserves in the 1982 major semi. Some of the panellists we get can't tell you who is playing 1st grade this week.
And on top of that Voss is trained to work in media - he knows how to string a sentence together and keep the show going.

So we get a show that is a bit stupid with plenty of focus on the lighter side of footy. Thats its appeal. All it needs is someone organised and proffessional to hold it together. Then a real good choice to hold the show together, Voss, gets cut.

WTF.

axl rose

Bench
Why are they wasting Andrew Ryan on the roast, they should be saving him for the Olympics coverage. Cant these guys go and play bush footy back in Dubbo or wherever and retire with some dignity.

roofromoz

First Grade
The Sunday Roast was a part of my Sunday routine. I realise Voss is on the outer, Gus is busy being the Duke of Penrith and MG went to Fox Sports, but surely the format could still survive these departures. Integrating it within a 2 hour show did not work... it looks a former shadow of itself now. Unfortunately it was enough today to lose me for the rest of the year. I'll stick now to NRL on Fox (which appears to be the new Sunday Roast), and also The Game Plan.

babyg

Juniors
I was spewing that I mIssed it today but after reading this I don't feel so bad. Either Voss got back stabbed by Hadley or he has been caught talking to seven or ten, or he shagged someone he shouldn't have.

Roy80

Juniors
Oh well, at least i've got my sundays back now. I used to always find an excuse to stay home and watch The Sunday Roast.
Wont be doing that anymore...

f**k this. The Sunday Roast was perfect. It made me not care that The thursday footy show was shit, because The Roast was the footy show for me. It was intelligent, it was funny, they discussed things i wanted to hear about. It was just a fun rugby league show. Now its done. f**k off Channel 9.