What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunday Roast

undertaker

Coach
Voss carried off his first day of Queensland Cup coverage pretty well yesterday. That said "The Tent" (which is looking for a sponsor, he tells us, as it travels the state) looks like a step down from his previous digs.

:lol:More than just "a step down". To go from the comfort of calling a FNF game infront of 40,000+ at Suncorp Stadium in an air-conditioned commentary box to being demoted to a tent on a hot, humid Sunday afternoon in Queensland is akin to a RL player experiencing the joy of making his FG debut infront of a packed house, and then being banished to park footy infront of two cats and a dog

undertaker

Coach
Although it would be preferable if the QLD cup Ch9 match was played on Saturday afternoon (i.e. not clashing with NRL matches), it would still get higher ratings in the Sunday arvo timeslot. If they replaced Ikin with Wally Lewis, that would substantially increase the interest of the matches and more ppl would turn out as well as watch on tv (especially the ppl who followed the BRL pre-1988)

it's a shame that The Sunday Roast has been ''downsized'' into the segment of the Sunday Footy Show. I enjoyed the Roast, and this new version is crap. Terrible new host (Gilbert) and panelists.

Sure, we know that Geyer moved to Foxtel, but i thought it still could've gone on with him and add another person in his role. And from reading the posts here, i was just a handful of people who actually liked Terry Kennedy.

Silly decision, Channel nine for this axing of the show!!!

Walt Flanigan

Referee
So they respond to last weeks criticism of the show by bringing TK back lol.

Pretty funny watching Timmy Gilbert rip into him though.

dragon_around

Juniors
Why did they drop Voss?

This is the last time I'll watch the roast I think.

It didn't deserve to die like this.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
You can't replace controversial guys like MG and Gould with tame panelists like Fletcher and MacDougall.

I can't say enough bad things about Gus's commentary but he was in his element on the roast.

Armageddon.

Juniors
This used to be the best show on TV you couldn't f**k it up more if you tried to. I would kill for the days of Matt Johns, MG, Gus and Vossy. Even last year with TK replaceing Matt.

ceagle

Bench
Yeah,, last season was awesome to watch. Why did they change the panel?
MG signed with Fox Sports
Gus too busy with Penrith (hopefully they can get him in some weeks)
Vossy is on the outer and is hated by the Channel 9 producers

undertaker

Coach
You can't replace controversial guys like MG and Gould with tame panelists like Fletcher and MacDougall.

I can't say enough bad things about Gus's commentary but he was in his element on the roast.

Doogs scabbed money off us spending more time off the field than on it during his 2nd stint at our club. Why our management kept re-signing him was a mystery. Like the Dell, he was always someone who played for his own accolades and not for the team.

Latest posts