What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunday Tele: Noad 'filthy' about lack of respect

Hurriflatch

Referee
Noad 'filthy' about lack of respect

September 11, 2005

A DRUNKEN Mad Monday incident in the Canterbury football club offices has a furious Bulldogs boss Malcolm Noad declaring there will be a major overhaul of disciplinary procedures.

Players upturned office equipment and there were allegations some urinated on desks – which was denied by Noad – as the end-of-season bonding session got out of control. A gift to Noad from his daughter was also damaged.

Noad warned that a tough new disciplinary regime would be introduced at Belmore next season amid allegations players also made abusive phone calls. Noad said their actions showed no respect to office staff who support the club and in turn the players.

Speaking to The Sunday Telegraph, Noad confirmed he called a crisis meeting of the squad last Wednesday.

It came 48 hours after a dozen players were allowed into the football office by assistant coach Kevin Moore at around 6am on Monday.

The Sunday Telegraph understands that Sonny Bill Williams, Roy Asotasi and Reni Maitua were the chief protagonists.

When staff walked in the next morning, they thought the office had been robbed.

The Bulldogs boss said that while the damage was not excessive, he was angered by the lack of respect shown by players.

"Essentially it was a practical joke which I've taken extreme offence to because I don't think it shows the appropriate respect for the office staff that support them 24 hours a day," Noad said. "There was no urination, no atrocities, there were no breakages. Still, I am filthy about the incident because of the lack of respect they showed for the staff.

"We're talking two or three guys by the way. They would have thought in the early hours of the morning it was a practical joke.

"They have put a whole lot of paperwork on the table, they've got masking tape and strapped papers to tables, they've taken stuff out of drawers, they tied chairs to tables. That's the extent of it, but I took exception to it because that's the working environment of people who support the club.

"I am absolutely filthy about it and I did unload on the players. I talked to them about respect, and the lack of it for people who support them."

Noad said he would not sack players but warned of a more ruthless regime in 2006.

"I wouldn't sack the players but what will come out of this is an expectation of everyone, from administration to the coaching staff and players, that there will be a far higher regime of discipline in the club next year," he said.

"I'm not just talking about discipline for how they conduct themselves in the work environment. I'm talking about discipline towards training, towards the game, all the aspects of the football club.

"I'm not saying the place is undisciplined or the players are terribly undisciplined, but our discipline has slipped."

Kevin Moore, who had a key to the club and let the players in, defended his decision last night.

"The plan was to keep the guys together and away from the public," Moore said, "The last thing we wanted was another big drama." The Sunday Telegraph

http://www.sundaytelegraph.news.com.au/story/0,9353,16562299-28780,00.html

Here we go again :x

Saint 60

Juniors
Heard all this crap before - bout time Noad stood up and stuck it to somebody -
thats what he was bought in for..

Hurriflatch

Referee
Saint 60 said:
Heard all this crap before - bout time Noad stood up and stuck it to somebody -
thats what he was bought in for..

In what sense

Gave it to the media for reporting things (that may or may not be true)
or
Gave it to his players for doing this?

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Didn't get paid their 'pokie bonus' and went looking for it?

Jokes aside, this is so tiresome. Are they capable of cleaning that joint up??? Is it possible???

smeghead

Bench
The level of stupidity is just astounding. Also what the hell is Kevin Moore doing letting drunk players into an office they have no business being in

Cletus

First Grade
I thought Noad had a media ban on the Tele?. Doesn't mind talking to them when he has to hose down the latest disaster.
At least their pissing in their own backyard rather than doing a runner on a taxi or allegedly molesting women.

Chook

First Grade
I'll bet it was the fans of the opposing team that provoked the incident.

Chook.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
A DRUNKEN Mad Monday incident in the Canterbury football club offices has a furious Bulldogs boss Malcolm Noad declaring there will be a major overhaul of disciplinary procedures.

A major overhaul of disciplinary procedures? So what have they been doing the last couple of years?

MIA

Juniors
mickdo said:
Speaking to The Sunday Telegraph, Noad confirmed he called a crisis meeting of the squad last Wednesday.

Don't the Bulldogs have a media ban on the Telegraph?

Rammo

Juniors
Kevin Moore should get the sack, what he did was absolutely ridiculous. As for the players,

Sonny Bill Williams: said he had learnt his lesson after the drink driving incident. Your reputation is slowly but surely leaving you.

Roy Asotasi: Stupid.

Reni Maitua: So this is what he does in his spare time other than kicking cops in the head?

The Bulldogs playing roster is fast becoming a most wanted sheet at the police station, as a supporter at the club it hurts for me to say that, but I don't care who the players are, they should be punished, doesn't matter whether its Sonny Bill Williams or Joe Blow. Time for some action Mr Noad